PDA

View Full Version : Pop Trivia You'll Never Forget?

Sean Malone
08-18-09, 02:12 PM
So when I'm 87 and forgotten most everything, I will always remember...

the difference between a cement truck and a concrete truck.

That the word 'yahoo' was invented by Jonathan Swift in his Gulliver's Travels books.

The theme song from the film Dr Zhivago is called 'Lara's Theme'.

:gomer:

I know a lot of useless trivia but for some reason I never forget the above. What useless trivia will you never forget?

Elmo T
08-18-09, 02:24 PM
The primary chemical component of moth balls is Paradichlorobenzene.

This was a quiz show question somewhere and when I rattled off the answer, I thought my wife was going to run out the door. :gomer:

dando
08-18-09, 02:30 PM
I know a lot of useless trivia but for some reason I never forget the above. What useless trivia will you never forget?

That you were once R2C. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-18-09, 06:47 PM
- The only three words in the English language that start with "dw" are dwindle, dwarf and dwell.

- President Andrew Jackson, in the main foyer of the White House, had a big block of cheese.

- Mario Lemieux is the only NHL player to score a goal in all five possible game situations (even strength, power play, penalty kill, penalty shot & empty net) in the same game.

trish
08-18-09, 07:07 PM
Coca Cola used to contain cocaine.

Wally Dallenbach wore his wife's underwear when he ran out of his own.

There is a company called Hatch & Bailey. In the movie It's a Wonderful Life, the main charaters names were George Bailey and Mary Hatch.

grungex
08-18-09, 10:59 PM
- The only three words in the English language that start with "dw" are dwindle, dwarf and dwell.

You forgot "dweeb". :gomer:

rosawendel
08-19-09, 08:24 AM
David Dweck wants a dwink of wa-wa.

SteveH
08-19-09, 10:04 AM
Video Killed the Radio Star - first video played on MTV

ChampcarShark
08-19-09, 03:05 PM
Basic building blocks of life, CHON, before the DNA map existed.

TKGAngel
08-19-09, 06:23 PM
David Dweck wants a dwink of wa-wa.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. You figured out where I pulled two of those facts from.