PDA

View Full Version : Grand Sham to test at Indy

JLMannin
08-14-09, 03:43 PM
A blurb from Kurt Cave-in (http://www.indystar.com/article/20090814/SPORTS01/908140363/1004/SPORTS/Grand+Am+Series+will+be+testing+at+IMS)

The Grand Am Series confirmed Thursday it will test its cars on Indianapolis Motor Speedway's MotoGP course Sept. 3.
The event is solely a feasibility test, but it is possible that someday the Speedway could host an endurance race for sports cars.

The Topix posts from the indy faithful following the article are quite entertaining.

Methanolandbrats
08-14-09, 04:03 PM
Geez.........I never saw that coming. I wonder what month they will hold that?

extramundane
08-14-09, 04:39 PM
Because Daytona doesn't have enough empty seats?

Duroc
08-14-09, 09:40 PM
They'll make up for it in volume. Or something. :shakehead

Gnam
08-14-09, 09:48 PM
They better not. Any more suck concentrated at 16th & Georgetown will cause the local space time fabric to collapse into an ever expanding black hole that not even a flying crapwagon will be able to escape from.

Fio1
08-15-09, 01:19 AM
Well, that's it; Indy is now just another race track. No difference then Fontana, Mid Ohio, Michigan, Road Atlanta, etc. Brilliant! Actually, that's a good thing. When NASA and SCCA start racing there I'll make sure to rent myself a Spec Miata and do that round. :thumbup: :shakehead

pchall
08-15-09, 06:54 AM
They better not. Any more suck concentrated at 16th & Georgetown will cause the local space time fabric to collapse into an ever expanding black hole that not even a flying crapwagon will be able to escape from.

And this would be a bad thing exactly how?

NismoZ
09-03-09, 09:21 AM
Today is the DAY! IT'S A NEWWWW LAP WRECKORD! Man I wish I was there. It's FREE, too! Can you imagine it!? Buddy Rice diving into turn two at full son...oh, do they even use T2? Oh, welll...HE'S ON IT!:tony: