...AND 2 for The League.

what League?

Methanolandbrats
08-09-09, 08:57 AM
what League? Gil gots Indy Fever...him knows what dem bricks mean. :yuck:

SurfaceUnits
08-09-09, 09:09 AM
Gil gots Indy Fever...him knows what dem bricks mean. :yuck:

who cares? 3 people with 6 screen names at crackforum? you really think his fever matters to more than .14 people?
you mindy sickofants need to develop a new mindset. go somewhere else to talk about the leeg, k?

NismoZ
08-09-09, 10:08 AM
Poor SU...so consumed . Anyone passing info, even about good ol' Gil becomes an Indy "psychophant." Lighten up Frances, it's over. Or not.:)

SurfaceUnits
08-09-09, 10:21 AM
CARt strret race loosers have permanent indy innamas assfixed to there backside. ever thing that happens has to be passed thru the mindy filter to determine where it fits in there world

what does what de ferran does with mindy have to do with this forum

NismoZ
08-09-09, 10:51 AM
A thousand apologies. I see your tack now. I guess I veered off course somehow. I know how I'd HATE:flame: it if you innocently mentioned C'type news about Chip Ganassi in the openwheel forum. (don't worry, I won't include the :shakehead)

SurfaceUnits
08-10-09, 12:18 PM
Chip is open wheel racing every thread in that forum should be chalked full of platitudes attesting to the marvelous contributions he has made.

Methanolandbrats
08-10-09, 01:19 PM
who cares? 3 people with 6 screen names at crackforum? you really think his fever matters to more than .14 people?
you mindy sickofants need to develop a new mindset. go somewhere else to talk about the leeg, k? When your prescription does'nt have any refills left, you have to go to the doctor and he will renew or change the presciption to a higher dosage.

RusH
08-10-09, 04:19 PM
This sounds like a job for Smack.

SurfaceUnits
08-11-09, 11:50 AM
Elkhart Lake “Stakeholder’s Summit”

According to Murphy’s sources, here’s what Scott Atherton will announce:

The American Le Mans Series will add a prototype class based on the ACO’s nascent Courage-Ford V-8 series. The prototypes, selling for $345,000 complete, will be built by EMT in Braselton. To control costs, engines will be sealed (and available only from EMT), only two sets of gears can be used (long and short circuit), and only a “small range” of springs can be used to modify set-up. Courage (now owned by Oreca), Lola, Multimatic, and Haas will all have pieces of this pie. Don’t be surprised if Yokohama is the exclusive tire supplier. Are we surprised at Oreca showing up in Georgia next month in the middle of the LMS schedule? Not anymore.

The important thing here? Instead of running as a stand-alone race (as the same cars do in Europe, and as IMSA Lights do in North America) these spec machines will run as a class within American Le Mans Series races.

SurfaceUnits
08-11-09, 11:57 AM
Yesterday, Murphy tweeted that Elan Motorsports Technologies (EMT) chief David Bowes was out door, following a lunch meeting with the CEO of PMSG. Some speculated the move was related to the aborted sale of EMT (or EMT assets, anyway) to Carl Haas. With the sunrise, the Bear’s gonna revise that to a “sort of.” Murphy now hears that Don turned down the Haas offer for EMT, but his counter is still “on the table” in Chicago.

So why is Bowes out? First, if you’re going to do business with Martin Birrane, you best not have Mr. Bowes as the face of your business, and with Lola’s connection to Multimatic (and Multimatic’s connection to Panoz) about to grow, that was becoming problematic. Call it an alignment of interests.

also, the daytona crapotype demo at mindy has been canceled

http://murphythebear.com/blog/index.php/2009/08/06/134-new-alms-class-tangled-webs-porsche-performance-reigned-in/

Gnam
08-11-09, 12:09 PM
Why are four classes of cars necessary? The introduction of the ALMS-C cars for the sake of maintaining four classes doesn't seem worth it. Their speed differential with the prototypes seems a little dangerous.

SurfaceUnits
08-16-09, 09:11 PM
Highcroft committed to ALMS, Acura or no Acura

Highcroft Racing vows to remain in the American Le Mans Series next season even if Acura, its factory partner, quits the championship.

Team owner Duncan Dayton insisted that Highcroft was “extremely committed to the ALMS." He said that his organization is “a sports-car team at its core.”

“We are working on racing with Acura next year until someone tells us otherwise,” said Dayton, whose team has been part of the Honda brand's ALMS lineup since 2007. “If Acura does not come back, there are a couple of other options we can pursue. We will be racing in the ALMS next year.”

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090816/ALMS/908169993

pchall
08-16-09, 10:19 PM
Since the chassis for the LMP Challenge will be built by Elan I suppose the engine will be a Ford massaged by EMT as well. If Panoz is smart he'll put something better than the GM 6.2L V8 rated at 430HP (according the the Formula LeMans site) in the ALMS version.

Of course, the more clever thing to do would be to offer up the chassis and let the teams install any Grand Am engine they want. :D

FCYTravis
08-17-09, 12:38 AM
Of course, the more clever thing to do would be to offer up the chassis and let the teams install any Grand Am engine they want. :D
That actually would be a damn smart business move. Most teams own their engines, and because they're really understressed - 525 hp from a 5.0L V8 is a cake of piece - the powerplant costs are fairly low.

pchall
08-17-09, 06:59 AM
That actually would be a damn smart business move. Most teams own their engines, and because they're really understressed - 525 hp from a 5.0L V8 is a cake of piece - the powerplant costs are fairly low.

That's what I figured. The engines are out there and would have a significant power advantage over the wimpy 6.2L GM based V8 engine described at the Formula LeMans site. Some Grand Am teams would certainly take a look and consider fielding cars.

Trevor Longman
08-17-09, 11:35 AM
I just read that on Wednesday, on the Radio Le Mans Midweek Motorsports show, there will be a big announcement concerning the ALMS. Some have speculated that it is just Audi's announcement that they are entering PLM this year. Others however, have speculated that possibly since ORECA is supplying the chassis for the new LMPC class and since they are entering their LMP1 car at PLM this year, that maybe they would announce that they are entering full season next year in the ALMS. If for nothing else but to have a presence in the US to take care of the LMPC class cars. Great looking cars. Surely would be nice to see them over here full time.

NismoZ
08-21-09, 01:48 PM
So why does Carl Haas want to buy EMT? Or did I just dream that? Maybe he could rustle up some DP02s and go road racing.:)

SurfaceUnits
08-26-09, 11:30 PM
A strong rumour has Audi in ALMS for 2010

Methanolandbrats
08-26-09, 11:41 PM
A strong rumour has Audi in ALMS for 2010 They have to since they launched a massive TDI ad campaign :thumbup::thumbup:

cameraman
08-27-09, 05:22 PM
Or they could enter a GT2 version of the S5 or S6:laugh:

opinionated ow
08-27-09, 06:26 PM
They have to since they launched a massive TDI ad campaign :thumbup::thumbup:

We're getting one Audi ad here and it doesn't mention eco-anything, the environment, carbon or diesel. It actually celebrates motorsport :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
08-27-09, 07:45 PM
We're getting one Audi ad here and it doesn't mention eco-anything, the environment, carbon or diesel. It actually celebrates motorsport :thumbup:

Our ads are trying to market TDI road cars. Audi is putting diesels in almost the entire car lineup. They are pounding home the message "import less foreign oil", etc... that sort of stuff.

SurfaceUnits
09-02-09, 02:12 PM
A famous racing team will return to ALMS with prototypes in 2010.

Methanolandbrats
09-02-09, 02:25 PM
A famous racing team will return to ALMS with prototypes in 2010. Linky Poo :gomer:

Gnam
09-02-09, 03:43 PM
This one? autoblog.com article from March (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/20/panoz-could-return-to-alms-prototype-class-with-algae-butanol-po/)

extramundane
09-02-09, 03:49 PM
This one? autoblog.com article from March (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/20/panoz-could-return-to-alms-prototype-class-with-algae-butanol-po/)

Those who claim to know suggest this thing is dead & buried. Kinda sounds like there won't be a Panoz of any sort on track next year, actually, which tells me all I need to know about the Doctor and his level of interest in his own series.

SurfaceUnits
09-02-09, 06:40 PM
Linky Poo :gomer:

from smurphy this also

Penske's Cindric: We see no business model that would allow the team to return (to the ALMS).

Methanolandbrats
09-02-09, 07:03 PM
This one? autoblog.com article from March (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/20/panoz-could-return-to-alms-prototype-class-with-algae-butanol-po/) No KERS? **** it, I'm not interested.

nissan gtp
09-02-09, 07:49 PM
from smurphy this also

Penske's Cindric: We see no business model that would allow the team to return (to the ALMS).

Translated: "Porsche isn't paying for it"

Gnam
12-17-09, 08:48 PM
Rumor that De Ferran Motorsports has closed up shop. :(
props to smackforum: http://twitter.com/PlanetIRLdotcom

It would have been hard to top his last year in ALMS.

Good news then that Simon Pagenaud will join the Patrón Highcroft team next year.
He's like Indiana Jones, always escaping from collapsing surroundings. ;)

extramundane
12-17-09, 09:25 PM
Good news then that Simon Pagenaud will join the Patrón Highcroft team next year.
He's like Indiana Jones, always escaping from collapsing surroundings. ;)

Congratulations to Highcroft, 2010 LMP Champion.

Here's another rumor: 2010 is going to be awful. :thumdown: :(

nissan gtp
12-18-09, 07:47 AM
Congratulations to Highcroft, 2010 LMP Champion.

Here's another rumor: 2010 is going to be awful. :thumdown: :(

shaping up to be a weak year :(

chop456
12-18-09, 08:12 AM
Good thing their competition is far more pathetic.

Gnam
12-18-09, 01:55 PM
rumor no more: http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/auto_racing/indycar/Brownsburg-racing-team-shutting-down

NismoZ
12-18-09, 10:41 PM
A weak year!? I'm stocking up on toilet paper, rice and have started looking for a nice cave.