PDA

View Full Version : Grand Am On Short Course

NismoZ
08-07-09, 11:30 AM
Why? Fogarty does a 1:05 on the "Stock Car" circuit at Watkins Glen. What is the NASCAB record there?

Trevor Longman
08-10-09, 11:12 PM
I was there with my dad and brother. The Cup pole time this year was in the 1:10 area. The DP's are total pigs but at least the GT cars were there to join them this year. It is admittedly pretty cool to see all the cars streaking down to tur 1 at the glen when you can only see the headlights.

Opposite Lock
08-11-09, 12:00 AM
^Hopefully you got to see cars coming up into/thru the esses from that little infield grandstand near the top of the esses too. Watkins Glen is way cool. :thumbup:

[/placefan]

Easy
08-11-09, 01:20 AM
I'm not going to bother Googling it but I am very aware that the Pole time for the 2001 Winston Cup race at Sears Point was a bit slower than P1 for the Russell Pro Series (standard Formula Mazdas with a Supertrapp and less wing: also Scott Speed is a bigger douche than he seems on TV) race was. Nascar stockers are like Vista Wagons when they have to switch direction and brake. The COT may be better but when wet tires were mentioned for the rained out Glen race most drivers cried like unpaid hookers so who knows.

emjaya
08-11-09, 07:01 AM
The COT may be better but when wet tires were mentioned for the rained out Glen race most drivers cried like unpaid hookers so who knows.

Not Robbie. :gomer:

"... I wish we'd just suck it up and run on rain tires. As far as I'm concerned, I'd run with them on the ovals, too."

Sean Malone
08-11-09, 10:00 AM
I'm not going to bother Googling it but I am very aware that the Pole time for the 2001 Winston Cup race at Sears Point was a bit slower than P1 for the Russell Pro Series (standard Formula Mazdas with a Supertrapp and less wing: also Scott Speed is a bigger douche than he seems on TV) race was. Nascar stockers are like Vista Wagons when they have to switch direction and brake. The COT may be better but when wet tires were mentioned for the rained out Glen race most drivers cried like unpaid hookers so who knows.

:rofl:

extramundane
08-11-09, 10:24 AM
I'm not going to bother Googling it but I am very aware that the Pole time for the 2001 Winston Cup race at Sears Point was a bit slower than P1 for the Russell Pro Series (standard Formula Mazdas with a Supertrapp and less wing:

Back in '06, when World Challenge ran on the Cup weekend @ Sears, Speed GT pole, on DOT tires no less, was only .9 seconds off Cup pole. I wonder why they weren't invited back? :laugh:

Rus'L
08-18-09, 08:19 AM
Back in '06, when World Challenge ran on the Cup weekend @ Sears, Speed GT pole, on DOT tires no less, was only .9 seconds off Cup pole. I wonder why they weren't invited back? :laugh:

Same reason they stopped inviting the Trans Am to the NASCAR weekend at Watkins Glen.

It's one thing to have a prototype looking sports car run faster than a stock car (fans can justify that), but put a car that looks almost identical to a NASCAR on the track and have it kick NASCAR's butt -- that is a PR nightmare!