PDA

View Full Version : Gordan

Napoleon
01-12-03, 09:59 AM
Did anyone see him on SNL last night? What happened, I forgot to tape it.

Ziggy
01-12-03, 12:25 PM
Dont know, I was, uh, tied up!

Ziggy

RichK
01-12-03, 01:44 PM
That had to be one of the worst SNLs EVER. I turned it off after an hour, but up to that point there wasn't one skit concerning racing (except for a dumb little thing during the monologue). The whole show was terrible!

Eagle104
01-12-03, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Dont know, I was, uh, tied up!

Ziggy
Link?

Lizzerd
01-12-03, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RichK
That had to be one of the worst SNLs EVER. I turned it off after an hour, but up to that point there wasn't one skit concerning racing (except for a dumb little thing during the monologue). The whole show was terrible!

Agreed. I couldn't even muster up a chuckle. Really bad night for SNL.

fourrunner
01-12-03, 04:21 PM
Same here, didn't laugh once, and I really wanted to!

Even the Promo's all week were awful!

I figure the Ground Rules were No Parody of NASCAR or NASCAR Fans, and No Personal references to Gordons personal life. After that you have a Race Driver who can't act, and isn't particularly known as a "cut up". In other words, cardboard!

Unfortunately for Gordon & NASCAR, SNL "IS" basically a Parody Show, with the guest host being the focus and contributer to that.

Bring back the good old days of Master Thespian (Jon Lovitz)and guest hosts like John Lithgow who could make fun of their ocupation with love!

I'm guessing Lorne Michaels has been missing meetings this year!

Jeff should stick to getting pedicures and make up tips on "Regis & Kelly Lee" ;)

mapguy
01-12-03, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by RichK
That had to be one of the worst SNLs EVER.

And that is saying something. SNL has been putting on ***** for the past 10 years. They should have pulled the plug on this drivel years ago.

fourrunner
01-12-03, 05:24 PM
This year has been weak for SNL, definitely!

However two of the BEST shows of the year were with politicians. Al Gore's and John McCains appearances were well done, and were successful because both Gore & McCain let the writers do what they do best, Political Satire! Their willingness to laugh at themselves brought the show up to a level it used to maintain routinely.

SNL has had many ups & downs over the years, this is definitely a down year. However,I don't want to see the show go, it is a comforting presence, and what will they replace it with, another "Reality Show"!
:eek: :eek:

mnkywrch
01-12-03, 10:41 PM
Robin Williams or Jerry Seinfeld couldn't save that cast... even the stuff without Gordon stunk.

fourrunner
01-12-03, 11:59 PM
I'm guessing somme cast changes will happen next season - Lorne Michaels has never been shy about that. :)

patm
01-13-03, 02:21 PM
I only saw the last half hour but the skit where Jeff had the long hair and mustache. While the skit sucked, I thought he played his part rather well. If you didn't see it he's sporting a really long type mullet hair style, foo man cho (sp) and satin type jacket. Very believable.

patm

mnkywrch
01-13-03, 02:41 PM
SNL, from the casting perspective, goes in cycles.

Right now, it's obviously bottoming out...

Whose Line Is It Anyway? is much funnier, for my buck...

Napoleon
01-13-03, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Whose Line Is It Anyway? is much funnier, for my buck... I Wayne Brady still on that show. The guy is one of the most talented people I have seen in years.

mnkywrch
01-13-03, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
I Wayne Brady still on that show. The guy is one of the most talented people I have seen in years.

He's still on the ones I TiVo on Friday nights...

Eagle104
01-13-03, 08:02 PM
So, the show tanked, huh? Well, clearly, if "CART" hadn't turned their back on him years ago, this probably would not have happened.:gomer:
(wait..where am I?) :laugh: