PDA

View Full Version : I know you are, but what am I...

Elmo T
08-04-09, 01:54 PM
Ferrari accept test snub, hit back at Williams (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090804154321.shtml)

Really? :rolleyes::laugh:

"Guess who opposed the test with the F60? A team that hasn't won anything for years and yet didn't pass over the opportunity to demonstrate once more a lack of spirit of fair play," reads an article posted on the official Ferrari site today."

Gnam
08-04-09, 02:13 PM
When's the last time Ferrari went a season without a win?

Indy
08-04-09, 02:33 PM
Found in the Ferrari team lockers:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4427/mixedlotofladiesunderga.jpg

Methanolandbrats
08-04-09, 02:44 PM
Found in the Ferrari team lockers:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4427/mixedlotofladiesunderga.jpg Woobens forgot to clean out his locker when he left the team.

TrueBrit
08-04-09, 03:40 PM
So Uncle Frank didn't want to aid FIA-rrari's publicity stunt by allowing the dirty, cheating, chopping, pointy-chinned bastard to get up to speed first and all the Pasta-Munchers can do is whine about it?

Read the rules BEFORE you decide what to do seems to be the lesson here...

TrueBrit
08-04-09, 03:43 PM
Woobens forgot to clean out his locker when he left the team.

Those were in Buttmachers purse? Certainly goes a long way to explaining DCCPCB's strange facial expressions from time to time....:D

NismoZ
08-04-09, 07:21 PM
Screw the rules, the rules suck. Anything anti-Ferrari/PCCB is good, anything FAIR is bad, according to you. You are simply afraid, that's all. You are afraid that Schumacher just might STILL be better than anyone out there and that would just RUIN your opinion of long standing. What the living hell are you afraid off? Competition? Let the guy guy test. Let him race. You want to go from what you perceive as an advantage to a DISadvantage. Gee, then you'd be championing the very same thing you dispise. Everyone else has tested, a LOT. Let him do a few miles in the present car, then see what he can do...after all that time off and way fewer miles in the new machine. I think you are actually afraid he might be WAY better than you have ever given credit for. I think it's a greater story than diffusergate!

oddlycalm
08-04-09, 07:29 PM
Bourdais' replacement wasn't allowed to test so it's going to be nearly impossible to do something different for the next guy regardless of who he is. I agree the rules are idiotic, not the least from a safety standpoint.

oc

NismoZ
08-04-09, 08:50 PM
They weren't disallowed...they never asked. It'd be a driver test not a car test. Let 'im test AND race!

opinionated ow
08-04-09, 08:58 PM
They weren't disallowed...they never asked. It'd be a driver test not a car test. Let 'im test AND race!

As s*** as they are, rules are rules.

oddlycalm
08-04-09, 09:23 PM

Red Bull claim they asked and were turned down. Williams was said to be the objecting team in that case and they have objected again. Am I missing something?

Red Bull vetoes test (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77540)

Williams object to test (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77534)

oc

grungex
08-04-09, 09:24 PM
You are afraid that Schumacher just might STILL be better than anyone out there and that would just RUIN your opinion of long standing. What the living hell are you afraid off? Competition? Let the guy guy test. Let him race.

If he's as good as you claim why does he even need a test?

cameraman
08-05-09, 03:07 PM

Yes they did.

"We asked for a test permission for Alguersuari before the Hungarian GP and it was turned down," said Mateschitz. "So why should we approve an exemption for a seven-time-champion after this?

Easy
08-05-09, 03:15 PM
One big difference here is that Toro Rosso chose to make a driver change mid season.

pchall
08-05-09, 04:23 PM
One big difference here is that Toro Rosso chose to make a driver change mid season.

And Ferrari has chosen to put a driver with no seat time in the F60 for the race in Valencia. They need to stick to the same rules as Toro Rosso. It's not like Luca Badoer and Marc Gene are dog meat.

Easy
08-05-09, 11:28 PM
And Ferrari has chosen to put a driver with no seat time in the F60 for the race in Valencia. They need to stick to the same rules as Toro Rosso. It's not like Luca Badoer and Marc Gene are dog meat.

And neither of them have turned a wheel since early March at the latest. I don't care If MS tests an F60 or not but its disingenuous for Red Bull/Toro Rosso to say its the same situation when they voluntarily made the change for more than just performance reasons (look for Repsol branding on the STR).

Ferrari shouldn't complain much anyway. Valencia will be a write off for Schu either way but with all that Friday free practice he should be in good stead for Spa.

NismoZ
08-06-09, 08:59 AM
Huh, now the "fit to drive" issue is being discussed by the Ferrari crowd. Duuhh. Neck strength. Yeah, maybe he can get that in a simulator.:shakehead ANYway, he sure had a lot of fun flailing around with Luca in karts the other day. He said the steering inputs are tougher than F-1.

emjaya
08-06-09, 09:28 AM
Huh, now the "fit to drive" issue is being discussed by the Ferrari crowd. Duuhh. Neck strength. Yeah, maybe he can get that in a simulator.:shakehead ANYway, he sure had a lot of fun flailing around with Luca in karts the other day. He said the steering inputs are tougher than F-1.

He has a month, tie a brick to the top of his head.

cameraman
08-06-09, 12:12 PM

Yeah there is no way he could build neck strength in the f2007:rolleyes:

stroker
08-07-09, 02:40 PM
He has a month, tie a brick to the top of his head.

Let him use that 10-pound "practice" helmet he used to set his weight for equalling all the car/driver weights...

:shakehead

TrueBrit
08-07-09, 03:12 PM
Let him use that 10-pound "practice" helmet he used to set his weight for equalling all the car/driver weights...

:shakehead

Dirty, cheating, chopping, pointy-chinned, heavy-helmeted bastard...

Methanolandbrats
08-07-09, 03:48 PM
Dirty, cheating, chopping, pointy-chinned, heavy-helmeted bastard...

Won't it be great to have the greatest ever back on the track!! :thumbup: :D:thumbup::thumbup:

TrueBrit
08-07-09, 04:17 PM
Won't it be great to have the greatest ever back on the track!! :thumbup: :D:thumbup::thumbup:

Nigel Mansell is coming back??!!!! How'd I miss that....

pchall
08-07-09, 07:03 PM
Nigel Mansell is coming back??!!!! How'd I miss that....

Is ol' Nige fat enough to race without wings on skinny tires yet? ;)

Not just fat, I mean Froilan Gonzalez fat:

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/513683/1951_british_gp-froilan_gonzalez_ferrari-0.jpg

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/lg/1/0/101146.jpg