PDA

View Full Version : Doornbos has quit Newman Haas Lanigan Racing team.

Fio1
08-04-09, 09:24 AM
"We had the option to leave the team after 12 races which I made use of," Doornbos wrote on his website. "I want to stay in IndyCar Series and I will announce my future plans very soon.

He is linked with the HVM team.

Wow, I wonder who will fill his seat?

dando
08-04-09, 09:47 AM
Wow, I wonder who will fill his seat?

PT?

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-04-09, 11:39 AM
PT?

-Kevin

PT's on his way/already at Sturgis for Bike Week (per Twitter). Would NHL be able to get him and the car set up by Friday?

dando
08-04-09, 11:41 AM
PT's on his way/already at Sturgis for Bike Week (per Twitter). Would NHL be able to get him and the car set up by Friday?

Nice. I wish I was headed that way instead of the other way (here we come, OCNJ!). I doubt they could have a tub ready for him that soon. Of course, I had no idea there was a race this weekend. :gomer:

-Kevin

Indy
08-04-09, 12:03 PM
Doornbos was racing? PT isn't? HVM still exists? They are racing this week? Where are they racing?

Pretty sad. :saywhat:

TKGAngel
08-04-09, 12:10 PM
I had to look it up that there was a race this weekend.

I didn't even know that Cup was at the Glen until I read about who the grand marshall was for the Grand Am race.

Methanolandbrats
08-04-09, 12:42 PM
I had to look it up that there was a race this weekend.

I didn't even know that Cup was at the Glen until I read about who the grand marshall was for the Grand Am race. That sure sums up the state of racing.....there used to be an exciting racing season, now it's the WGAF season.:(

TKGAngel
08-04-09, 12:44 PM
That sure sums up the state of racing.....there used to be an exciting racing season, now it's the WGAF season.:(

And it's the fact that I read about it on a hockey blog of all places that really make it a WTF/WGAF moment.

Back on topic, Doorknob's burning quite the bridge with NHL.

Easy
08-04-09, 03:11 PM
Apparently he stormed out at Kentucky after another part failure. In his mind Graham is getting superior equipment. Whether its true or not who knows but once the drivers confidence in his equipment is gone forget it.

As for PT, maybe they can borrow his KVRT tub? Vasser probably wouldn't block it as long as KV retains first option for next year.

Methanolandbrats
08-04-09, 03:14 PM
http://allcarsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/16429.jpg

NismoZ
08-04-09, 09:15 PM
Bump up Edwards or Summerton or nab Simona. Last thing they need is a 40 yr. old bald guy with no future.

Al Czervik
08-04-09, 09:31 PM
Bump up Edwards or Summerton or nab Simona. Last thing they need is a 40 yr. old bald guy with no future.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Dvdb
08-04-09, 11:50 PM
PT in sturgis and not answering his tweets

NismoZ
08-05-09, 09:40 AM
NHL got Servia. He's only 35 and not bald.:) I was really hoping for Bruno to move back. (Doornbos wanted to go back to HVM w/Cannon. He won twice with them in '07. Understandable move. His lack of results at NHL has surprised me. He must have been treated as a #2 there in a number of ways. Better luck Oriol. (PS-only for next 2 road eaces, last 3 ovals may go to someone else. Still hope for PT...but he'll probably have to drive for free cigars.)

Fio1
08-05-09, 10:24 AM
They'll run the 06 car when someome shows up with a sponsor. Or else it will stay in the shop.

extramundane
08-05-09, 10:30 AM
PT in sturgis and not answering his tweets

I think that kind of behavior can get a mudhole stomped in your ass in Sturgis. ;)