View Full Version : NFL 2009 a.k.a. Please Don't Hit Tom Brady in the Lower Leg

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Insomniac
07-31-09, 04:52 PM
Training camps are starting around the league. Recent headlines:

Michael Vick to the Patriots?
Brett Favre Retired....for Now.
Plaxico Going to Trial (then Jail)?
Has your team's first rounder signed yet?

Top Patriots question: Linebackers. Will they be able to rush the passer? Who will be the other OLB? Who's going to help keep Bruschi's reps low?

TKGAngel
07-31-09, 08:09 PM
Has your team's first rounder signed yet?

One of two of the Bills picks has signed. Maybin is the one still not in the fold.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this Bills season. Maybe it's because I'm running out of ways to say "these guys suck" on my blog. Maybe it's because I can't handle three consecutive seasons of the Bills and the Sabres having horrible seasons (see last sentence).

After watching Trent Edwards on PTI, I'm not worried about the relationship between him and TO, I'm worried about the relationship between him and Lee Evans. Evans was always Losman's go-to guy and there were rumblings last season that he and Trent weren't playing nice in the sandbox.

I'm also convinced that Poz's neck has a bigger circumference than my thigh. :saywhat:

RusH
07-31-09, 08:29 PM
Michael Vick to the Patriots?

Ain`t gonna happen.

Seattle or Oakland. :D

http://www.beckyphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/football-dog.jpg

Boatdesigner
07-31-09, 08:58 PM
My first thought was Vick in Oakland, they seem made for each other! I see many PSA's and apologies in his future. He will have to turn on the charm wherever he goes - can you imagine the booing from dog lovers in every stadium?

Methanolandbrats
07-31-09, 09:15 PM
It will be raining dog treats wherever he goes, but at least they are biodegradeable and don't hurt as much as batteries or coins. :D

Dvdb
07-31-09, 11:48 PM
All Rams signed, sealed, and in camp.

Let the Tom Brady watch begin

dando
08-01-09, 10:51 AM
Just got tix for the Steelers/Bungles on 9/27. :cool: I'm feeling unusually confident heading into the season. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
08-01-09, 10:54 AM
All Rams signed, sealed, and in camp.

Y'all got a good bargain in Lil' Animal in the second round. Spielman Jr, IMO.

-Kevin

WickerBill
08-01-09, 11:47 AM
Broncos
it won't be that bad. it won't be that bad. it won't be that bad.
/Broncos

Insomniac
08-01-09, 12:28 PM
One of two of the Bills picks has signed. Maybin is the one still not in the fold.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this Bills season. Maybe it's because I'm running out of ways to say "these guys suck" on my blog. Maybe it's because I can't handle three consecutive seasons of the Bills and the Sabres having horrible seasons (see last sentence).

After watching Trent Edwards on PTI, I'm not worried about the relationship between him and TO, I'm worried about the relationship between him and Lee Evans. Evans was always Losman's go-to guy and there were rumblings last season that he and Trent weren't playing nice in the sandbox.

I'm also convinced that Poz's neck has a bigger circumference than my thigh. :saywhat:

The AFC East will be interesting. How far will the Wildcat go? Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez. T.O. Bills open at Patriots wearing the AFL throwbacks on MNF. Marshawn Lynch won't be there though.

Another former Bill has the biggest neck I've ever seen.

http://www.thestencil.com/archives/images/takeoaneagle.jpg

Insomniac
08-01-09, 12:34 PM
Ain`t gonna happen.

Seattle or Oakland. :D

http://www.beckyphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/football-dog.jpg

I've been skeptical for a long time. From a pure football perspective, they had a record setting offensive system in 2007. Not sure what the value of being able to run the Wildcat is at this point. The Dolphins needed it because their regular offense wasn't as effective. Will it evolve further? It wasn't nearly as successful after they embarrassed New England. New England's best player is Tom Brady. Taking him off the field makes the offense worse.

It would also be a poor business decision for the Kraft Group. Plus just a month or so ago he was talking about avoiding bad characters and having a responsibility to the community to not bring in someone who may then reflect poorly on the Patriots after they had a bad reputation elsewhere.

Belichick will never say yes or no on any player. If a player is under contract he'll decline to comment.

Insomniac
08-01-09, 12:35 PM
My first thought was Vick in Oakland, they seem made for each other! I see many PSA's and apologies in his future. He will have to turn on the charm wherever he goes - can you imagine the booing from dog lovers in every stadium?

I don't think his reception will be that bad (for home games). The team that signs him will know the majority of the fan base will be behind them.

Insomniac
08-01-09, 12:37 PM

At least for now, it looks like a non-story. Although one reporter says Brady has a limp and everyone else says he looks normal.

Insomniac
08-01-09, 12:39 PM
Just got tix for the Steelers/Bungles on 9/27. :cool: I'm feeling unusually confident heading into the season. :eek:

-Kevin

How did I forget to mention the Roethlisberger sexual assault civil suit as a headline? Does it affect him?

Insomniac
08-01-09, 12:39 PM
Broncos
it won't be that bad. it won't be that bad. it won't be that bad.
/Broncos

You still have the Colts. :p

dando
08-01-09, 02:47 PM
How did I forget to mention the Roethlisberger sexual assault civil suit as a headline? Does it affect him?

Here's a bloggy thingy on that subject about E$PN putting the kybosh on any discussion about Big Ben and the suit:

http://blog.dispatch.com/marace_nhl/2009/07/espn_cartoon_network.shtml

:saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
08-01-09, 02:52 PM

The Toronto Bills has a nice ring to it. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-01-09, 03:05 PM
T.O. Bills open at Patriots wearing the AFL throwbacks on MNF. Marshawn Lynch won't be there though.

The throwback unis are friggin sweet. They're also going to be worn next weekend at the HOF game.

The Toronto Bills has a nice ring to it.

Meh. Everyone and their grandmother has put the kibosh on adding more Toronto games for the time being. Of course, this all goes out the window when Mr. Wilson departs this earth and the new owners come in.

Insomniac
08-03-09, 04:34 PM
Here's a bloggy thingy on that subject about E$PN putting the kybosh on any discussion about Big Ben and the suit:

http://blog.dispatch.com/marace_nhl/2009/07/espn_cartoon_network.shtml

:saywhat:

-Kevin

That was embarrassing for sure. In the end, they have so much clout and no real competitors that they can do that and there really are no repercussions. They wanted to stay on Big Ben's good side. And when they finally reported it, they reported that no criminal charges would be filed.

I guess he told his team his side and the ones who spoke to the media basically felt the suit is bogus (putting it nicely).

dando
08-03-09, 05:01 PM
That was embarrassing for sure. In the end, they have so much clout and no real competitors that they can do that and there really are no repercussions. They wanted to stay on Big Ben's good side. And when they finally reported it, they reported that no criminal charges would be filed.

I guess he told his team his side and the ones who spoke to the media basically felt the suit is bogus (putting it nicely).

Well, it just goes to show the fine line E$PN walks trying to be a 'news' AND entertainment outlet...and then the fact that they partner with sports leagues and conferences just blurs the line even further. :saywhat: Apparently a guy from an E$PN station in Big D said WGAF and spoke about the matter for 30 minutes and then quit. :laugh:

-Kevin

nrc
08-03-09, 10:44 PM
Bengals camp opened with a lot of enthusiasm but it chilled some today when Reggie Kelly, their best blocking tight end, blew out his achilles tendon.

Anyway, you'll get to see a big chunk of it on HBO this year...

IkWDEXntgJ8

dando
08-04-09, 07:33 AM
Bengals camp opened with a lot of enthusiasm but it chilled some today when Reggie Kelly, their best blocking tight end, blew out his achilles tendon.

Sumbitch. :(

-Kevin

dando
08-04-09, 08:11 AM
» Former Bengals kicker Doug Pelfrey, mastermind of Kicks for Kids, hosted a group of about 40 underprivileged children from Greater Cincinnati at practice. They arrived via a luxury bus, where they watched highlights of last season, watched the kickers work before practice, and listened to a speech from Bengals all-time scorer Jim Breech after dining under the tent on the side of the end zone. The kids also got to talk to current Bengals kicker Shayne Graham after practice.

Must have been a short bus trip. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-04-09, 10:19 AM
Here is a pic of the Bengal's luxury bus. :p

http://www.used-buses.net/bustypes/img/prison-bus.jpg

dando
08-04-09, 11:17 AM
Here is a pic of the Bengal's luxury bus. :p

http://www.used-buses.net/bustypes/img/prison-bus.jpg

I thought that was Stallworth's ride to Berea. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Gnam
08-04-09, 12:33 PM
Must have been a short bus trip. :gomer:

-Kevin

Article didn't say they were watching Bengals' highlights. :p

Insomniac
08-10-09, 02:45 PM
Well, it just goes to show the fine line E$PN walks trying to be a 'news' AND entertainment outlet...and then the fact that they partner with sports leagues and conferences just blurs the line even further. :saywhat: Apparently a guy from an E$PN station in Big D said WGAF and spoke about the matter for 30 minutes and then quit. :laugh:

-Kevin

I don't think it's a fine line. It's a selective line for what's best for the company. They did the same thing with Vick a couple years ago.

Gnam
08-13-09, 08:52 PM
Michael Vick signs with the Eagles. Farve still available. :p

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938&tsp=1

Elmo T
08-13-09, 10:21 PM
Michael Vick signs with the Eagles.

This ought to go over well. :rofl::laugh::saywhat:

TKGAngel
08-14-09, 08:21 AM
There was quite the rumormongering (and Twittermongering) yesterday that Vick was going to end up here in Buffalo. NFL Network even fell for it, had time broken out for a press conference from the Bills and everything.

All I have to say is Vick AND Ray Emery in the same town? What have the good peeps of Philly done to deserve that?

FTG
08-14-09, 10:48 AM
All I have to say is Vick AND Ray Emery in the same town? What have the good peeps of Philly done to deserve that?

Booed Santa Claus. Cheered when it looked like Michael Irvin had broken his neck and could be a Quadriplegic.

extramundane
08-14-09, 11:31 AM
Booed Santa Claus. Cheered when it looked like Michael Irvin had broken his neck and could be a Quadriplegic.

...which I why, if someone had to take that worthless piece of ******* *****, at least it's a town that'll give him a proper reception.

As if I needed another reason to hate the Eagles. :thumdown:

Insomniac
08-15-09, 01:04 PM
McNabb better keep the dry heaving under control. He got benched last year. It won't be good if Vick has a good couple of pre-season games.

dando
08-15-09, 08:52 PM
News broke while we were on the boardwalk. Hilarious listening to the Eagles faithful grip about Vick the past couple of days. :D Eagles nation is especially pizzled that he's wearing #7 and clouding Jaws' legacy. :laugh: My question is if Jaws is so damn special, why the heck isn't the # retired. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Gnam
08-18-09, 01:56 PM
Vick could barely keep a straight face during his "apology" on 60 minutes. :laugh:

In other news...

The Raiders' head coach may be looking for an new assistant. Relevant experience includes ability to take a punch and keep quiet.

http://www.naparegister.com/articles/2009/08/18/news/local/doc4a89dbf6a3942045944298.txt

dando
08-18-09, 02:08 PM
The Raiders' head coach may be looking for an new assistant. Relevant experience includes ability to take a punch and keep quiet.

http://www.naparegister.com/articles/2009/08/18/news/local/doc4a89dbf6a3942045944298.txt

Woody Hayes would be proud of Tom Cable. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-18-09, 07:03 PM
News broke while we were on the boardwalk. Hilarious listening to the Eagles faithful grip about Vick the past couple of days. :D Eagles nation is especially pizzled that he's wearing #7 and clouding Jaws' legacy. :laugh: My question is if Jaws is so damn special, why the heck isn't the # retired. :saywhat:

-Kevin

I guess Gruden was giving Jaws a rough time during a recent broadcast, saying that Vick is going to sell more #7 jerseys in one season than Jaws sold in his entire career.

dando
08-21-09, 12:00 PM
Bungles > Pats and The Ocho kicks a PAT. :gomer:

BTW, I caught the game with Don Q. @ Eddie George's Grille 27 down on campus. Good time. Lots of good local talent out last night. :gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

dando
08-21-09, 08:55 PM
So I caught a bit of the 'boyz game tonight in the new Texass Stadium....the main screens are 72' H x 106' W, contain 30K+ bulbs and weighs 1.2M lbs. :eek: x 11

EDIT: Oops! :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4415658

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Tennessee Titans felt they exposed a major flaw in Cowboys Stadium during the first football game played in the building when reserve punter A.J. Trapasso hit the gigantic HD screen that hangs over the field.

But after a 30-10 Dallas win, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he doesn't think it is an issue. The NFL signed off on the 160-foot long, 90-foot high video board, Jones said, and he does not plan to alter it.

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-22-09, 01:47 PM

BTW, I caught the game with Don Q. @ Eddie George's Grille 27 down on campus. Good time. Lots of good local talent out last night. :gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

I never really paid attention to how Brady throws, but he did have a reputation of standing in the pocket, stepping into the throw and taking the hit. He sailed a couple passes and was clearly not stepping into it. Might take him a bit to (hopefully) get back to that.

Ochocinco also had a better kick-off to start the second half than the guy who kicked following the TD.

Bill Belichick and Ochocinco need to get a room. :D

TKGAngel
08-22-09, 02:08 PM
I wonder if the Bills are going to have a conversation with TO about the proper use of Twitter. TO's tweeted about his toe injury and the signing of Aaron Maybin. In both cases, the information had not yet been released by the team.

dando
08-22-09, 02:57 PM
I never really paid attention to how Brady throws, but he did have a reputation of standing in the pocket, stepping into the throw and taking the hit. He sailed a couple passes and was clearly not stepping into it. Might take him a bit to (hopefully) get back to that.

Reminded me of CP when he came back. He was tentative on several throws, but it didn't help that the Bungles D was pretty aggressive...almost G-men like @ times. IMO, this D is going to be quite good this season as long as they stay healthy. Seems like they have better depth since I can remember from the late 80s. I also like the fact that they have a nastiness to them they lacked in the past. They definitely laid the wood a few times. :)

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-22-09, 03:15 PM
So I caught a bit of the 'boyz game tonight in the new Texass Stadium....the main screens are 72' H x 106' W, contain 30K+ bulbs and weighs 1.2M lbs. :eek: x 11

EDIT: Oops! :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4415658

-Kevin

Here is my problem with it. Last night, they re-did the punt, but did not reset the clock. Conceivably, either team could run out the game clock by constantly punting it into the scoreboard. It would be funny to beat Dallas that way since it's their scoreboard, but if they do it to someone, then people won't be so happy.

Insomniac
08-22-09, 03:18 PM
I wonder if the Bills are going to have a conversation with TO about the proper use of Twitter. TO's tweeted about his toe injury and the signing of Aaron Maybin. In both cases, the information had not yet been released by the team.

I'd say the toe injury was not good. The Maybin tweet really didn't have any competitive disadvantage. I think the Patriots have banned it outright, or at least the players who were tweeting found whatever rules they imposed not worth it to pick and choose what they tweet.

Insomniac
08-22-09, 03:24 PM
Reminded me of CP when he came back. He was tentative on several throws, but it didn't help that the Bungles D was pretty aggressive...almost G-men like @ times. IMO, this D is going to be quite good this season as long as they stay healthy. Seems like they have better depth since I can remember from the late 80s. I also like the fact that they have a nastiness to them they lacked in the past. They definitely laid the wood a few times. :)

-Kevin

Yeah, they turnstiled the RT on the first sack (and even though Brady is right handed, he didn't see it coming). The DBs looked pretty good too. They were getting in there breaking up passes. Palmer said it's still affecting him:

But Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, who in early 2006 suffered a remarkably similar knee injury, said the psychological effects linger even now.

"The biggest part was the mental block of the confidence of following though on your throws," said Palmer, who, like Brady, suffered tears of the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee.

"Still to this day I'm trying to get over this mental block. There's just somebody somewhere near you -- because your eyes are so focused downfield and you're looking at five different things in one play -- that there's somebody two yards away from you, two inches away from you, eight yards away from you, and you feel that."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tom-brady9-2009aug09,0,1673970.story

dando
08-22-09, 03:54 PM
Here is my problem with it. Last night, they re-did the punt, but did not reset the clock. Conceivably, either team could run out the game clock by constantly punting it into the scoreboard. It would be funny to beat Dallas that way since it's their scoreboard, but if they do it to someone, then people won't be so happy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4416217

As it stands, the play will be repeated and one competition committee member said the clock is re-set to the time of the original snap of the ball on "do-overs." Pereira replied that re-setting the clock "sounds logical" after initially telling the Los Angeles Times what Fisher also suggested to ESPN -- that a team could strategically attempt to run out the clock by repeatedly punting it into the board.

"Even it becomes [reviewable], you don't want to be forced to use one of your challenges on a play like that," Fisher said. "So, the first thing we have to discuss from an officiating standpoint is that, as of now, no one is assigned to watch the flight of the ball. Who determines whether it hits the board or not?"

Fisher took exception to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' postgame suggestion that the videoboard wasn't a problem unless a punter was attempting to hit it.

"There are a number of punters in this league who are capable of hitting that board naturally," Fisher said.

The Titans coach did not say that a competition committee discussion had been scheduled but said, "we'll discuss it soon."

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-22-09, 05:12 PM

-Kevin
In the spirit of full disclosure, in addition to the aforesaid "talent" there was also a table of seriously disturbed white trash Bungles fans close by. These gomers were cheering plays in the fourth quarter as if the score was tied in the AFC championship game. I sure am glad that my Brownies have much more sophisticated and refined fans. :p :D

dando
08-22-09, 05:48 PM
In the spirit of full disclosure, in addition to the aforesaid "talent" there was also a table of seriously disturbed white trash Bungles fans close by. These gomers were cheering plays in the fourth quarter as if the score was tied in the AFC championship game. I sure am glad that my Brownies have much more sophisticated and refined fans. :p :D

I should have chest bumped with them after the Esteban Ochocinco PAT. :gomer: That being said, anyone wearing a jersey to a sports bar for a pre-season game needs to look up the word life in the dictionary and go find one. :shakehead :saywhat: I normally don't watch much pre-season football, but I figured DQ would want to see that there is @ least one pro football team in oHIo. :gomer: :p

Oh, and unlike the Ank/SOG meeting in '05, no punches were exchanged. :)

-Kevin

Gnam
08-23-09, 02:30 AM
-Kevin
photo (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/n/a/2009/08/22/sports/s134405D08.DTL&o=0)

Silly Texicans... if the 'boyz are losing, will they change the channel? :gomer:

nrc
08-23-09, 02:57 PM
I'd hate having that monster constantly in my field of view during the game. If you want to watch the game on TV stay home. :irked:

..and weighs 1.2M lbs
I just hope none of the folks who built their training bubble were involved in hanging it.

nrc
08-23-09, 09:24 PM
Right. :gomer:
http://blog.cleveland.com/browns_impact/2008/08/bottlesmf.jpg

Bengals fans are getting excited about seeing some defense for a change. I'm still in "holding my breath because it seems too good to be true" mode on the defense.

dando
08-23-09, 09:38 PM
Bengals fans are getting excited about seeing some defense for a change. I'm still in "holding my breath because it seems too good to be true" mode on the defense.

Well, the D is move up to #12 overall last season, but of course that included 2 games vs. the Browns. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-24-09, 08:50 AM
Right. :gomer:

1) Not a preseason game.
2) In Cleveland, it is considered endearing to throw a beer at someone.
3) The bottles are plastic.
:D

dando
08-24-09, 09:36 AM
1) Not a preseason game.
2) In Cleveland, it is considered endearing to throw a beer at someone.
3) The bottles are plastic.
:D

BTW, the first pre-season game for the CBJs was against Detroit and ended with bottles raining down on the ice. :gomer: :shakehead Welcome to the NHL....

-Kevin

nrc
08-26-09, 12:53 AM
Dick Lebeau on his nomination to the NFL Hall of Fame as a player...

"I am proud of my longevity record and that I haven’t missed any days as a coach," he said. "I am not so sure I did anything that I should be boasting about. I am proud of that. I am proud I have not had too many debts over my life, not too many lawsuits out against me and certainly no problems with the cops. That’s enough for any man to hope for, I think."

Asked to say something about the 62 picks, he said, "I could get the ball."

dando
08-26-09, 09:36 AM
Dick Lebeau on his nomination to the NFL Hall of Fame as a player...

All I can say is ABOUT DAMN TIME! A bloggy thing (http://blog.dispatch.com/buckeyesblog/2009/08/lebeau_nomination_near_and_dea.shtml) about LeBeau's nomination.

You've probably read of his days as a standout halfback/defensive back at Ohio State, and his two touchdowns against Michigan in 1957 as the Buckeyes went on to win a national title.

Maybe you've heard that he played 14 years as a cornerback, mostly for the Detroit Lions, and had 62 career interceptions, which still ranks seventh all-time even though he retired more than 35 years ago. He also played in something like 120 consecutive games, remarkable considering he is not a particularly big guy.

He went on to help invent the zone blitz scheme in the 1980s, which originally was designed to help maximize the talents of oversized Cincinnati Bengals safety David Fulcher.

:thumbup:

Dude doesn't look a day over 50. Srsly.

-Kevin

WickerBill
09-13-09, 04:05 PM
you're still the Bengals...

dando
09-13-09, 04:26 PM
you're still the Bengals...

:cry: :cry: :mad:

*finger*

Go Favre! :p

-Kevin

nrc
09-13-09, 07:20 PM
Crazy huffing Jesus on fire! :flame:

dando
09-13-09, 08:07 PM
Crazy huffing Jesus on fire! :flame:

I recommend that you ban that WB dude. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-14-09, 09:25 AM
Cutler
:laugh:
what would ditka say?

G.
09-14-09, 12:29 PM
Cutler
:laugh:
what would ditka say?
It's never too early to start a QB controversy in Chicago.

Who's this Hankie guy?

Also,

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears lost more than their season opener Sunday night in Green Bay.

Star middle linebacker Brian Urlacher will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery early Monday to repair a dislocated wrist he suffered in the first half of the Bears’ 21-15 loss to the Packers. The procedure was performed by Bears hand and wrist specialist Dr. Tom Wiedrich.

Don Quixote
09-14-09, 10:01 PM
wth, are the freaking bills the browns now????? Fumble the kickoff???? Shite!!!!! :shakehead

Edit: NE touchdown :thumdown: :thumdown:

racermike
09-15-09, 12:07 AM
Drove home from Seattle this morning.

Helluva game yesterday going out and making the Rams bleed all over themselves, beating them 28-0.

12th man was as loud as I have ever heard it (felt stadium vibrate beneath us several times during game)

Also, Ritchie Incognito is an asshat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9tqO4hVkw&feature=related

chop456
09-15-09, 01:22 AM
wth, are the freaking bills the browns now????? Fumble the kickoff???? Shite!!!!! :shakehead

"Knee, hell! I'm goin' for 6!"

:gomer:

chop456
09-15-09, 01:24 AM
And after watching some wonk on ESPN call the Chargers/Raiders game the easiest, most lopsided pick he's ever seen and guaranteeing a Chargers win, I hope it ends the way it is right now. :laugh:

[Edit] Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Gnam
09-15-09, 02:26 AM
I hate the Raiders, but they gots robbed by those candy stripers. :shakehead

I think they might really be on double secret probation. :gomer:

TKGAngel
09-15-09, 07:58 AM
Sweet merciful football playing baby jesus, take the knee or hang onto the ball, Leodis! :flame:

And to add injury to insult, Poz broke his arm; the same one he broke in his rookie season, and is going to be out for several weeks. I guess it takes talent to break a bone in an arm that you already have a steel plate in.

I really wanted a win tonight for AVP. I think he and Jim Kelly are going through the old no-huddle/K-gun books and putting something together. I can't wait to see what develops there.

I thought the announcers were going to sprain something with how quickly they changed the recipients of their verbal bjs from Brady to Edwards and back to Brady again.

I know I'm a Buffalo sports fan and should be used to this garbage already, but three years and three heartbreaking MNF losses is entirely too much for one girl to take. :shakehead:cry:

dando
09-15-09, 08:45 AM
Sweet merciful football playing baby jesus, take the knee or hang onto the ball, Leodis! :flame:

And to add injury to insult, Poz broke his arm; the same one he broke in his rookie season, and is going to be out for several weeks. I guess it takes talent to break a bone in an arm that you already have a steel plate in.

I really wanted a win tonight for AVP. I think he and Jim Kelly are going through the old no-huddle/K-gun books and putting something together. I can't wait to see what develops there.

I thought the announcers were going to sprain something with how quickly they changed the recipients of their verbal bjs from Brady to Edwards and back to Brady again.

I know I'm a Buffalo sports fan and should be used to this garbage already, but three years and three heartbreaking MNF losses is entirely too much for one girl to take. :shakehead:cry:

That's karma for dissing my Dodgers. ;) That was just painful to watch...especially after the pain I endured Sat and Sun. I may need to give up foosball for a bit. :(

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-15-09, 04:27 PM
That's karma for dissing my Dodgers. ;) That was just painful to watch...especially after the pain I endured Sat and Sun. I may need to give up foosball for a bit. :(

-Kevin

Football pain is practice for hockey season pain. It's like training camp. Heh.

And Kawika Mitchell just tweeted that one of his teammates had his house vandalized today. Way to stay klassy, Buffalo. :rolleyes::saywhat:

dando
09-15-09, 05:27 PM
Football pain is practice for hockey season pain. It's like training camp. Heh.

Speak for yerself, Slugs fan. I'm actually liking the upcoming season (and beyond) in CBJville. :) Now the inner Phlyer fan in me, not so much. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-21-09, 02:25 AM
NYG == lucky. Manningham == baller. Steve Smith == truth. Eli == ice in veins.

Roy Williams == severely underutilized. Romo == :gomer:. Jerrah == :tony:

nrc
09-21-09, 09:19 AM
Roy Williams == severely underutilized. Romo == :gomer:. Jerrah == :tony:

Roy Williams was busy bringing the pain at Lambeau. :gomer: Did the Cowboys release him because they couldn't keep the two straight or something?

Jerry did a nice job of dodging a question from Costas on revenue sharing on the lead-in. Suppose he doesn't want to end up another $100K lighter? :tony:

dando
09-21-09, 09:25 AM
Roy Williams was busy bringing the pain at Lambeau. :gomer: Did the Cowboys release him because they couldn't keep the two straight or something?

Jerry did a nice job of dodging a question from Costas on revenue sharing on the lead-in. Suppose he doesn't want to end up another $100K lighter? :tony:

That was one wicked hit late in the game. :eek: Do you suppose CP is a paler version of Terrelle Pryor? :shakehead :saywhat:

Jerry had a nice pause before answering that question. I could almost see him thinking oh ****. :laugh:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-21-09, 02:02 PM
Good news: Bills win. TO scores. All is now right in the world.

Bad news: Donte Whitner has his house burglarized yesterday and has $400k worth of jewelry stolen.

Methanolandbrats
09-21-09, 02:14 PM
in Donte Whitner has his house burglarized yesterday and has $400k worth of jewelry stolen.

So he's got 400k in jewelry and he did'nt budget for a safe? Moron.

Don Quixote
09-21-09, 02:36 PM
Brown's next 6 games:

at Baltimore
Cincinnati
at Buffalo
at Pittsburgh
Green Bay
at Chicago
Baltimore

Can you say 0-8? Mario Crennel must be loving this c.f.

dando
09-21-09, 02:48 PM
Brown's next 6 games:

at Baltimore
Cincinnati
at Buffalo
at Pittsburgh
Green Bay
at Chicago
Baltimore

Can you say 0-8? Mario Crennel must be loving this c.f.

Dude, that 11/22 showdown with Devilmaster's Lions is looming BIG. BIG I tell ya. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
09-21-09, 02:51 PM
Bad news: Donte Whitner has his house burglarized yesterday and has $400k worth of jewelry stolen.

First a couple of teens trash McLovin's yard and now this. :saywhat: Nice how y'all treat your sports heroes up there. :shakehead I'd hate to see the daily rap sheet for them parts. :eek:

Oh BTW, say hello to Peca if you see him skating around up there. I think we're gonna miss him. :(

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-21-09, 03:06 PM
Dude, that 11/22 showdown with Devilmaster's Lions is looming BIG. BIG I tell ya. :gomer:

-KevinThat game is being played for Tim Tebow. :\

dando
09-21-09, 03:25 PM
That game is being played for Tim Tebow. :\

I heard that the NFL originally had that game scheduled for Thxgiving, but decided not to since viewers might lose their appetite. :p Oh, and if the Brownies draft Tebow, start rooting for the Steelers. Srsly. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-21-09, 04:38 PM
That game is being played for Tim Tebow. :\

Only Al Davis or Jerrah would be stupid enough to draft Timmay as #1 pick qb. He was projected as a 3rd round H-back last year.

Good Roy helps you put 6 up on the board. Evil Roy helps them put 6 up on the board :D

Roy had a huge drop on that diving leap towards the endzone on that go route, huge on him. Only targeted 4 times as #1 WR, same as backup TE Holla Bennett. Romo's a :gomer: extraordinaire.

dando
09-21-09, 04:57 PM
Roy had a huge drop on that diving leap towards the endzone on that go route, huge on him. Only targeted 4 times as #1 WR, same as backup TE Holla Bennett. Romo's a :gomer: extraordinaire.

I think Collinsworth said last night that WR Roy's route running was most suited to a vertical game. Hard to be a #1 WR and not be able to run more diverse routes. Hence why Chris Henry is the #3 in Cincy. Besides, and WR that originated in Detroit is :gomer:. Just as DUI Charles Rodgers. :shakehead Not defending Homo....errr, Romo...just sayin'. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-21-09, 04:58 PM
Only Al Davis or Jerrah would be stupid enough to draft Timmay as #1 pick qb. He was projected as a 3rd round H-back last year.

The Browns traded Paul Warfield to get Mike Phipps at QB. Not even a drugged up Al Davis would have done that. Last I checked, Phipps hasn't quite made it into the HOF yet. :D

nrc
09-27-09, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah! :D

I swear I was this -> <- close to writing Palmer off as unable to manage a game in crunch time during that final drive. A couple of times he went for touchdowns or burnt downs and put the Bengals in critical 4th down situations where the Steelers just needed to make a play to end the game. But he pulled it out.

Awesome team effort. They could have folded up in the first half but the defense kept them in it and offense finally made some plays.:thumbup:

dando
09-28-09, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah! :D

I swear I was this -> <- close to writing Palmer off as unable to manage a game in crunch time during that final drive. A couple of times he went for touchdowns or burnt downs and put the Bengals in critical 4th down situations where the Steelers just needed to make a play to end the game. But he pulled it out.

Awesome team effort. They could have folded up in the first half but the defense kept them in it and offense finally made some plays.:thumbup:

Two words: WHO DEY! :D Lots of black and yeller in Cincy yesterday.....they needed dem Terrible Towels after the game......to sob in. :)

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-28-09, 01:03 PM
I caught the end of the Bengals game. Nice job by CP in getting it done (See Trent, that's how you win a game in the final seconds).

And who knew Brian Moorman had an arm on him? Nice fake field goal to score the only points for the Bills (Memo to Jauron: relying on your punted to throw TD's is not an effective game plan.)

dando
09-28-09, 04:14 PM
Purple Jeebus greatness. :thumbup: :gomer:

Got Favred. :D

-Kevin

Tim
09-28-09, 06:51 PM
The Packers sucked even more c**** this week but since they played the Rams they ended up winning.

Methanolandbrats
09-28-09, 07:52 PM
The Packers sucked even more c**** this week but since they played the Rams they ended up winning. That's a different way to put it :D

stroker
09-29-09, 07:56 AM
The Packers sucked even more c**** this week but since they played the Rams they ended up winning.

Yeah, they have a long way to go before they can seriously think about winning the Centra--, er, North, let alone anything else...

dando
10-04-09, 06:11 PM
So that was an enjoyable 'Battle of oHIo'. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-04-09, 06:54 PM
Would it be possible to set an entire team adrift in Lake Erie in a leaky rowboat? Because seriously, the Bills stunk today. Flat out stunk. When two former Bills twittering during the game is the best part of the day, you know your team stinks.

I do however, kind of want those pink G towels found on the sidelines. Minus the G logos, of course.

dando
10-04-09, 06:59 PM
Would it be possible to set an entire team adrift in Lake Erie in a leaky rowboat? Because seriously, the Bills stunk today. Flat out stunk. When two former Bills twittering during the game is the best part of the day, you know your team stinks.

I do however, kind of want those pink G towels found on the sidelines. Minus the G logos, of course.

You should just move. Srsly. ;) Look on the bright side....you get the Browns next week. Battle of the tallest dwarf redux (after the so-called battle of oHIo). :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-04-09, 08:57 PM
4-0.

(I won't be posting in this thread for the next five weeks, so I'm enjoying it now)

Ankf00
10-04-09, 09:11 PM
4-0.

life is good :D

dando
10-04-09, 09:41 PM
4-0.

You're welcome. Go Favres! :p

-Kevin

dando
10-04-09, 09:43 PM
4-0.

life is good :D

Bugger off. :gomer: Go Okie. :D

-Kevin

nrc
10-04-09, 11:50 PM
So that was an enjoyable 'Battle of oHIo'. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

I enjoyed the first quarter and the fact that it was finally over. Other than that...:irked:

Ankf00
10-05-09, 01:35 AM
Bugger off. :gomer: Go Okie. :D

-Kevin

since USC has a freshman QB, maybe you'll finally win you a rose bowl this year, for, like, what, your 6th ever? that's cute. :laugh: