PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2009 a.k.a. Please Don't Hit Tom Brady in the Lower Leg

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Don Quixote
02-03-10, 10:00 AM
Awesome! Too bad he didn't live to see it.

tllips
02-03-10, 11:25 AM
This is kind of a funny story. A long time NOLA sportscaster named Buddy Diliberto (who is apparently the guy who came up with wearing a bag over your head at Saints games and calling them the 'aints) had promised to walk down the middle of Bourban Steet in a dress if the Saints ever made it to the Super Bowl.

Well Buddy D died in 2005 so he is not with us to make good on his promise,but ex-Saints quarterback Bobby Hebert who apparently took Buddy's seat on local sports talk radio show and 100s of other guys made good on Buddy's promise on Sunday and marched down Bourban Street in dresses. (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/02/true_new_orleans_saints_fans_b.html)

:thumbup: :cool:

dando
02-03-10, 12:38 PM
Ouch. :eek:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckPostId=Blog%3a7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491 Post%3a555f5471-950c-4abf-b179-0ec2fa6438ed&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

So, I was talking to Bus Cook, sports agent of the stars, today about one of his clients, Antonio Johnson, the starting defensive tackle for the Indianapolis Colts. And I asked Bus about the health of his most famous client Brett Favre.

"Beat up," Bus answered. "You should see the photos of his ankle and his hamstring the day after the game."

I said I'd like to do just that. Cook emailed them. Brace yourself. For all those who have criticized Favre for throwing instead of running on that last play against the Saints, check out Brett's left ankle and his right hamstring.

That he even finished the game is testament to why he is football's all-time iron man, the toughest football player I've ever seen.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-03-10, 12:53 PM
Ouch. :eek:

Double-ouch. No question now as to the greatest player of all time. :p

WickerBill
02-03-10, 01:53 PM
If that's the deciding factor, I present you with the greatest player of all time:

http://www.ionlinephilippines.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Joe-Theismann.jpg

(just FYI, I could have put up a seriously disturbing image here, and chose not to -- let's all keep it that way)

dando
02-03-10, 02:17 PM
(just FYI, I could have put up a seriously disturbing image here, and chose not to -- let's all keep it that way)

Nothing matches Krumrie's flopping foot in the '89 Super Bowl, IMO. :eek: :( :yuck:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-03-10, 02:36 PM

Yeah, that was bad. That was before the networks figured out that they should only show the replay once. They showed it over and over and over. And we the stupid viewers could not look away. For the record, I vote for Jack Youngblood playing in the superbowl with a broken leg in 1980. That guy was plain crazy tough.

Napoleon
02-03-10, 02:52 PM
That guy was plain crazy tough.

Unlike Hacksaw Reynolds who was just plain crazy.

tllips
02-03-10, 03:52 PM
If that's the deciding factor, I present you with the greatest player of all time:

http://www.ionlinephilippines.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Joe-Theismann.jpg

I do not ever want to see Theisman's injury again. I can still see it in my mind and it's been what, over 20 years! :eek:

But, Joe did not continue to play after that injury. (I'm not saying that he wouldn't if he could) Purple Jesus was playing with that foot and arm.

(I can't believe I'm defending Favre :saywhat:)

nrc
02-03-10, 09:05 PM
Nothing matches Krumrie's flopping foot in the '89 Super Bowl, IMO. :eek: :( :yuck:

-Kevin

They replayed the entire game on NFL network the other night - first time I've seen it in ages. I haven't finished watching it yet. I think they're gonna win this time... :gomer:

dando
02-03-10, 10:01 PM
They replayed the entire game on NFL network the other night - first time I've seen it in ages. I haven't finished watching it yet. I think they're gonna win this time... :gomer:

Stop watching after Stanford's KO return and they will. :gomer: ;) I still vividly recall popping open a bottle of bubbly w/~2 minutes to go. :cry: :saywhat: :cry:

Oh, and what's this NFL Network thing of which you speak? :gomer:

-Kevin

chop456
02-04-10, 02:19 AM
Letterman's Joe Theisman pencil sharpener still ranks as one of my all time favorite gags. :laugh:

And seeing his leg snapped doesn't bother me. Because it's him.

Napoleon McCallum and McGehee grossed me out.

dando
02-05-10, 10:13 AM
Time for predictions...I'm going Aints 27-24 on a late FG. I think the Colts secondary is gonna get torched by Brees especially if Freeney isn't 100%.

-Kevin

dando
02-05-10, 12:05 PM
So on Mike & Mike this AM they were discussing TO and Ocho together on the Bengals. :eek: Discuss... :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-05-10, 12:42 PM
So on Mike & Mike this AM they were discussing TO and Ocho together on the Bengals. :eek: Discuss... :gomer:

-Kevin I'm sure this time it would turn out differently and TO would actually make the team he was playing for better. :gomer:

TKGAngel
02-05-10, 01:39 PM
I'm sure this time it would turn out differently and TO would actually make the team he was playing for better. :gomer:

Dude, Football Jesus himself couldn't have made the Bills better last season. Our offensive line had more holes in it than a block of Swiss.

Gnam
02-05-10, 02:57 PM
Time for predictions...
The Colts will control the line on both sides of the ball.
Manning will be picked off twice.
Refs will be rooting for the Colts.

Colts 31 - Super Aints 21

But I want the saints to win. :NFC: :gomer:

Don Quixote
02-05-10, 03:55 PM
Dude, Football Jesus himself couldn't have made the Bills better last season. Our offensive line had more holes in it than a block of Swiss. True, but I still think they are a better team without him.

Don Quixote
02-05-10, 03:57 PM
Refs will be rooting for the Colts.
This is my biggest fear, as I have become more and more a tinfoil hat person regarding officiating. I will lose interest in this game in a hurry if the refs miss some calls early.

WickerBill
02-05-10, 06:31 PM
Colts 34 Saints 23

And for a side bet, at some point in the first half it will be Saints 10 Colts 0

Gnam
02-05-10, 07:23 PM
I will be interested to see if the Colts go for a kill shot or play more conservative now that they're in the show. In both playoff games they went for it on 4th down to keep drives alive or score touchdowns when it wasn't necessary. They're a little bit ruthless.

Michaelhatesfans
02-07-10, 12:35 AM
Time for predictions...

Halftime won't suck.

Yeah, it's not the same without Entwistle/Moon, but Townshend and Daltrey on stage together are still a win. That, and Ringo's kid was taught by the best. :thumbup:

dando
02-07-10, 12:53 AM
Halftime won't suck.

Yeah, it's not the same without Entwistle/Moon, but Townshend and Daltrey on stage together are still a win. That, and Ringo's kid was taught by the best. :thumbup:

Dude, I saw them ~7 years ago (the tour when The Ox passed) and they freaking rocked the house. Thank God the show was outdoors....my ears were ringing for a couple of days afterwards. :eek:

-Kevin

Napoleon
02-07-10, 09:27 AM
More about Buddy Diliberto I mention upthread, paper bags and the aints. (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/05/sports/football/05bag.html?scp=7&sq=saints&st=cse)The story says 2000 guys were in the parade.

dando
02-07-10, 10:09 PM
Heckuva game. :thumbup: Needs more Favre, tho. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
02-07-10, 10:25 PM
This may be the most perfect SB ever. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
02-07-10, 10:49 PM
Colts == out coached

Congrats, Saints! :thumbup:

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-07-10, 10:51 PM
Colts == out coached

:thumbup::rofl:

Don Quixote
02-07-10, 11:06 PM
Great well played game. Congrats to the Saints! :thumbup:

stroker
02-07-10, 11:07 PM
I predicted a 14 point spread, but the wrong way! Nice job N.O.!

dando
02-07-10, 11:32 PM
FWIW, the Colts made the same mistake as the J-E-T-S going for the FG from 50+. Tresselball, baby. :gomer:

-Kevin

TrueBrit
02-07-10, 11:48 PM
Guess God was really a Saints fan afterall....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Indy
02-08-10, 01:15 AM
If they had gone for the perfect season things may have been different. :instantkarma:

TravelGal
02-08-10, 02:06 AM
If they had gone for the perfect season things may have been different. :instantkarma:

Oh I SO thought the same thing. Would have been for the Saints anyway (sentimental about N. O. as a city) but I would have wanted anyone to beat the Colts this particular year for that particular reason.

I began to believe the Saints would win after the third field goal. It was like watching the tortoise and the hare. Colts sprinted out but the Saints kept making up more ground than they were losing. Second half rocked!! :thumbup:

WickerBill
02-08-10, 09:06 AM
Outcoached is a great way to put it. Three coaching stupidities that turned the game:

1. Giving the Saints 3 points by not letting it fly at the end of the half. Once they ran for 6 from the 1 yard line and got some breathing room, why not toss it around for a bit? At that point, Manning was completing most of his short passes.

2. Going for the 51 yard field goal with a 81 year old kicker. If they attempt and fail at the 4th down conversion, the Saints are still 7 yards further back. And odds were far greater to make the first down than to hit that field goal.

3. Running 3 times for a 3-and-out in the fourth quarter. Where's the killer instinct? Put your boot on their throat and crush. Don't try to play a field position game, a clock game, with them. The Colts best defense is points scored.

All three were coaching blunders; the only real critique I have of the players is the hands team and the two three-and-outs in the second quarter from poor execution.

dando
02-08-10, 09:33 AM
So on the INT return, was Manning blocked in the back, or did he turn to avoid being decleated? Hard for me to tell, but initially I thought he was blocked in the back.

-Kevin

WickerBill
02-08-10, 10:30 AM
I don't think it's a penalty if the quarterback has never made a tackle in his high school, college, or pro career. I think as long as you don't try to hurt him, it's just considered "moving him out of the way".

dando
02-08-10, 10:43 AM
I don't think it's a penalty if the quarterback has never made a tackle in his high school, college, or pro career. I think as long as you don't try to hurt him, it's just considered "moving him out of the way".

:laugh: It was hilarious listening to Strahan discuss Manning avoiding sacks last week....especially considering how Farve laid down for Strahan's sack record. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-08-10, 11:05 AM
It was very refreshing to see Peyton coach to win the game instead of coaching not to lose. I wonder if Marty Schiottenheimer was watching.

Ankf00
02-08-10, 11:12 AM
right before the return

someone says something about saints will shut him down and get the ball for the win

me: pffft, it's Peyton.

play: INT

me: facepalm

Sean Malone
02-08-10, 11:17 AM
right before the return

someone says something about saints will shut him down and get the ball for the win

me: pffft, it's Peyton.

play: INT

me: facepalm

Heck, I still expected them to win with 1:14 left on the clock.

Tim
02-08-10, 12:05 PM
I like it when the Colts lose because most gomers are also from Indy.

WickerBill
02-08-10, 12:53 PM
I was going to say to Tim that it's kinda dumb to root against a region, then I remembered I hate the Raiders

KaBoom21
02-08-10, 01:00 PM
Letterman's Joe Theisman pencil sharpener still ranks as one of my all time favorite gags. :laugh:

And seeing his leg snapped doesn't bother me. Because it's him.

Napoleon McCallum and McGehee grossed me out.

I broke my leg Theisman-style in a soccer match about two years before he did. Words cannot describe the pain or the surrealness of seeing one's own leg bent in a way it clearly shouldn't be.

That said, McCallum's and McGehee's gross me out far more.

Napoleon
02-08-10, 01:06 PM
I like it when the Colts lose because most gomers are also from Indy.

I actually considered it a win either way. If the Colts lose their gomer fans are upset. If the Colts win its more likely gomers will become fans of the Colts then its less likely they pay attention to the IRL or IRL 500 (in all seriousness I have long thought that a good Colts team would be a huge threat to IMS, and IMS did the Colts a favor by then shooting themselves in the foot with opening racing for the IRL in 1996 which was right about the time the Colts became more or less consistantly good).

indyfan31
02-08-10, 02:59 PM
Halftime won't suck.

Well, IMO, it did .... and I really like The Who.
for one thing I didn't realize that was Zak, and I wasn't impressed. Halfway through the set I said "Is that the best drummer The Who could get?" You'd think after a decade or so of playing with that band he'd figure out what Stage Presense means, he needs to watch some old videos of Moon and Jones.

The mix SUCKED, although I heard it sounded better live, which is usually not the case.

And finally, Daltrey needs to hang it up, his voice is shot; but he was awesome in his day. Oh yeah, I could've done withought Townsend's "wardrobe malfunction". Suffice it say I was expecting great and got disappointed.

Don Quixote
02-08-10, 03:23 PM
Well, IMO, it did .... and I really like The Who.
for one thing I didn't realize that was Zak, and I wasn't impressed. Halfway through the set I said "Is that the best drummer The Who could get?" You'd think after a decade or so of playing with that band he'd figure out what Stage Presense means, he needs to watch some old videos of Moon and Jones. I honestly think they picked that drummer because of his resemblance to Keith Moon 35 years ago. He even has some of the facial expressions down. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. They should have broken up the band when Moon died, and then they had a second chance to do it when Entwhistle died. Please stop, in the name of God stop. I'm trying to tell my kids how great they were circa Isle of Wight, and they are looking at me like "yeah, right dad". :thumdown: :thumdown: :flame:

Andrew Longman
02-08-10, 03:36 PM
I'm trying to tell my kids how great they were circa Isle of Wight, and they are looking at me like "yeah, right dad". :thumdown: :thumdown: :flame:

Trevor asked if only AARP members were allowed in the band or to watch them. With some reservation I had to agree (and I never liked The Who). But I told him I am dead certain Britteny Speirs or Timberlake will not be performing in the Super Bowl in 35 years. Both he and my daughter didn't seem to think that was important.

Napoleon
02-08-10, 03:48 PM
AP reporting "The Super Bowl was watched by more than 106 million people, surpassing the 1983 finale of "M-A-S-H" to become the most-watched program in television history."

WickerBill
02-08-10, 03:51 PM
I was having an argument with a Who fan yesterday because he took offense to me calling them "irrelevant". His argument was that the music is better than most of the dreck out there today.

That's true, but the music landscape is *always* 90% or more dreck. The Who were better than "most of the dreck out there" in 1975 too.

FOX, NFL, whoever is in charge of halftime next year, show some Sean Payton bollocks and bring out a band that has been relevant in the last 20 years. Pearl Jam. Radiohead. Heck even DMB could jam far better than The Who.

The circular lighted stage was far more impressive than the musical performance.

WickerBill
02-08-10, 03:53 PM
Oh, and by the way, I stand by my assertion, even as a resident of Indianapolis, that as long as the Vikings lost, I would be happy. I am happy!

Napoleon
02-08-10, 04:08 PM
That's true, but the music landscape is *always* 90% or more dreck.

I get Rolling Stone and they will run in the back with the current chart one from some time in the past, and its always funny to see all the garbage that you had totally forgot about (hello "afternoon delight").

Personally I think the Who is one of 3 rock bands (along with the Stones and the Beatles) that were very popular in the 60s that stand head and sholders above anyone else from that era (There are non-rock bands that would also qualify, like Simon and Garfunkel, individuals like Clapton or bands that started in the 60s but really didn't get real popular until the 70s, like Floyd, Led Z, Genesis, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac and Queen that I don't think qualify as 60s acts).

PS, on further thought I would add the Beach Boys to that list.

dando
02-08-10, 04:25 PM
AP reporting "The Super Bowl was watched by more than 106 million people, surpassing the 1983 finale of "M-A-S-H" to become the most-watched program in television history."

And 1/2 of the country was snowed in to boot. Like adjusted box office figures, today's TV ratings need to be adjusted due to the growth in the US population. Of course there is also increased competition for eyeballs due to cable/dbs.

-Kevin

Sean Malone
02-08-10, 04:37 PM
Never a Who fan myself but appreciate thier 'legend' status. Who fans I know/knew tended to prefer completely different line of rock than I. It seems like those who liked the Who, didn't like Zep and vise versa.

I think its cool that the Super Bowl has A list acts and don't just seem to throw whatever flavor of the month happens to have a top 10 hit. The list is about done though, and I hope they don't start pulling bands together for 'reunion' gigs.

Don Quixote
02-08-10, 04:57 PM
Of course there is also increased competition for eyeballs due to cable/dbs.
Defender, is that you???? :D

Napoleon
02-08-10, 05:09 PM

Can't be, he never mentioned Joyce Julius.

TravelGal
02-08-10, 05:14 PM
The mix SUCKED, although I heard it sounded better live, which is usually not the case.

And finally, Daltrey needs to hang it up, his voice is shot; but he was awesome in his day. Oh yeah, I could've done withought Townsend's "wardrobe malfunction". Suffice it say I was expecting great and got disappointed.

Me too. I didn't want to believe my ears. UGH. And then we watched an ep of CSI. What a difference to hear the real things vs that half-amped junk. I had all I could do not to turn it off.

dando
02-08-10, 05:26 PM

:p Now go back to poking fun @ Ank for burnt orange losing to Okie. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-08-10, 05:32 PM
:p Now go back to poking fun @ Ank for burnt orange losing to Okie. :D

-Kevin Next up for the 'horns ---> Kansas. I can't bear to watch.

Don Quixote
02-08-10, 05:33 PM
Can't be, he never mentioned Joyce Julius.:rofl:

dando
02-08-10, 05:51 PM
Next up for the 'horns ---> Kansas. I can't wait to watch.

Fixed. :D

Back on topic....is P. Manning the next Favre? :gomer:

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
02-08-10, 09:42 PM
I was having an argument with a Who fan yesterday because he took offense to me calling them "irrelevant"...

FOX, NFL, whoever is in charge of halftime next year, show some Sean Payton bollocks and bring out a band that has been relevant in the last 20 years. Pearl Jam. Radiohead. Heck even DMB could jam far better than The Who.

As a big fan of The Who, I'll admit that I was sad to see that it might be time - kind of like watching your favorite athelete go one season too long. I disgaree that it was over after Moon - that set they did in '01 at the Concert For New York City gives me chills every time I watch it.

ANYWAY... your point, indirectly, is a good one. The Who won't ever be irrelevant, because of their legacy. So what they should have done (in hindsight!), was have The Who on with a bunch of people that they have influenced. So it's now Daltrey and Townshend backed by Eddie Vedder, Thom York, Dave Grohl, Billy Joe Armstrong, Liam Gallagher, etc (and there are a lot of etc's!). Daltrey's vocals get some help, and there are plenty of power chords to go around for everyone. That's probably what should have happened.

Anyway, watch for things like this when they finally make me king.

Tim
02-08-10, 11:16 PM
Fixed. :D

Back on topic....is P. Manning the next Favre? :gomer:

-Kevin

Not until he becomes addicted to booze and pills. Then and only then does he have a shot.

dando
02-09-10, 11:26 AM

I've seen the replay 100 times over the past two days. That should have been flagged.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-09-10, 12:02 PM
I've seen the replay 100 times over the past two days. That should have been flagged.

-Kevin

I watched is several times yesterday and I disagree. Manning put himself in that position once the runner cut to the left.

But given that the block was on a QB I would not have been shocked to see any sort of penalty called including farting in Manning's general direction.

dando
02-09-10, 12:48 PM
But given that the block was on a QB I would not have been shocked to see any sort of penalty called including farting in Manning's general direction.

FWBUl7oT9sA

:D

I dunno, I've gone back and forth on this one, and I've seen other calls for a block in the back that would have had no impact on the result of the play. *shrug* Not saying that no call decided the game, but I so wanted to see an OT to force the NFL to address the OT issue.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-09-10, 07:11 PM
Eleven (11) fans greet Colts at airport upon their return from Miami. :laugh: :laugh:

That's right, 11. (http://www.indystar.com/article/20100208/SPORTS03/2090305/)

stroker
02-09-10, 08:35 PM
Eleven (11) fans greet Colts at airport upon their return from Miami. :laugh: :laugh:

Ouch. Fickle bunch of mofos, ain't they?

oddlycalm
02-09-10, 08:35 PM
The circular lighted stage was far more impressive than the musical performance.
Agreed, the circular array of LED bars was a nice touch and the light show in general was a win.

As a Who fan I'll just say that the time to hang it up was before now. I won't argue relevance when the newest tune played was first released nearly 40yrs ago (1971). The tunes held up, the musicians not so much. I also take great exception to performing signature music with the wrong equipment and not even bothering to use inexpensive electronics (Line 6) to correct for the difference. Sounded like a surf band covering Who songs....:yuck:

oc

Ankf00
02-09-10, 08:54 PM

NFL quality fanbase

dando
02-09-10, 09:12 PM

Dude if it were the Clowns, there would have been 11 potential felons greeting the team. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
02-09-10, 09:53 PM

So they flocked to see them, then?

Indy
02-09-10, 10:08 PM
Meh. What kind of loser would go to greet them at the airport anyway. Jocksniffers.

grungex
02-09-10, 10:17 PM
"We wanted to show our civil pride"

Uh, OK.

dando
02-10-10, 09:40 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2010/0215_large.jpg

:thumbup:

-Kevin

WickerBill
02-10-10, 09:56 AM
That's an awesome cover pic.

Re: 11 fans to see the Colts land, when everyone knows they won't do anything but get into buses and will always be half a mile from where you stand, isn't a big deal.

That being said, when Peyton leaves and the team is 7-9 or worse, the pretty stadium will be half full and there will be rumors of moving the team. I promise. This is a basketball town having a temporary fling with football. This isn't Green Bay or Washington or Denver.

Napoleon
02-10-10, 10:05 AM
. . . or Cleveland which is a Football and Baseball town having a fling with Basketball.

I thought the Colts had made a lot of room under the cap to be able to sign Peyton to a record contract to keep him.

dando
02-10-10, 10:10 AM
. . . or Cleveland which is a Football and Baseball town having a fling with Basketball.

I thought the Colts had made a lot of room under the cap to be able to sign Peyton to a record contract to keep him.

Manning's not going anywhere else until he's 41 and trying to beat Favre's records while Favre is still playing @ 46 for the Broncos. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-10-10, 10:32 AM
That SI cover is in the top 5 ever. :thumbup:

extramundane
02-10-10, 10:44 AM
Wait, everyone! The onside kick was dirty (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342457-onside-kick-was-dirty-pool?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=share)!

Dirty pool by Sean Payton, in the form of an onside kick to start the second half, could take away that joy.
[...]
My proposal then is that the NFL needs to make a rule change to prevent what happened in Sunday's Super Bowl between the Colts and the Saints from ever occurring again.

Starting next season, an onside kick may be attempted on any kickoff except for those starting a half. There's no point in having a coin toss if the team that wins it can decide, "Screw it! We are going to take the ball to start the second half too."

:rolleyes: :gomer:

dando
02-10-10, 10:52 AM
Wait, everyone! The onside kick was dirty (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342457-onside-kick-was-dirty-pool?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=share)!

They should just give them the ball on the 20.... :gomer:

What a freaking goober. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-10-10, 11:40 AM

Although it was a legal play by existing NFL rules, there has always been an unwritten rule, a gentleman's rule that you do not attempt an onside kick to start a half.

I played football for 29 years and coach pop warner now. I have NEVER heard of that. What you DO hear (and we coach kids to do) is to go into a pile like that with your eyes and mouth closed because things get poked, pulled and proded under the pile and the ball will likely change hands a few times before the pile is unpeeled.

In fact I can think of NO unwritten rules in football except maybe taking out started or only running the ball if the score gets out of hand.

What a moron.

Don Quixote
02-10-10, 11:47 AM

:rolleyes: :gomer: Now I've heard everything. :rolleyes:

Indy
02-10-10, 12:45 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2010/0215_large.jpg

:thumbup:

-Kevin

That's a wonderful photograph.

WickerBill
02-10-10, 01:49 PM
Where is the starter of this thread? Insomniac's last activity on OC was 8/2009. :confused:

dando
02-10-10, 01:56 PM
Where is the starter of this thread? Insomniac's last activity on OC was 8/2009. :confused:

Yeah, I was gonna PM nrc to see if he reached Inso, but never got around to it. :(

-Kevin

dando
02-12-10, 10:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4907418

Former Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, according to league sources.

The Bengals also have expressed interest in former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones, who was suspended for the final three games of the 2008 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He was cut by the Jaguars in March 2009.

:saywhat:

The Bengals: the halfway house of the NFL. :irked: If they sign these guys and TO, Marvin shall been elevated to Saint status. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-12-10, 11:11 AM
So if you are old and winding down your career, you go to the Raiders. If you are have problems with the law, and nobody else will have you, you go to the Bungles. $10 says Donte Stallworth is next.

dando
02-12-10, 11:14 AM
$10 says Donte Stallworth is next.

And with the #1 pick having traded up with the Rams, the Browns select Tim Tebow...

:p

-Kevin

WickerBill
02-12-10, 02:48 PM
So if you are old and winding down your career, you go to the Raiders. If you are have problems with the law, and nobody else will have you, you go to the Bungles. $10 says Donte Stallworth is next.

Somebody owes you $10.

Bengals to work out Stallworth (http://www.reservationforsix.com/2010/02/donte-stallworth-latest-criminal-to.html)

(yes I know it isn't exactly CBS Sports reporting)

Don Quixote
02-12-10, 02:53 PM
Oh my. I was only half serious and was trolling for Bungles fans. (Caught one too!) Truth is stranger than fiction.

Don Quixote
02-12-10, 03:19 PM
I like to look up old posts for irony.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=260535&postcount=25

dando
02-12-10, 03:59 PM
I like to look up old posts for irony.

Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.

Now go run along and play with your tadpoles or Chinese carp.... :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
02-12-10, 04:03 PM
Somebody owes you $10.

Bengals to work out Stallworth (http://www.reservationforsix.com/2010/02/donte-stallworth-latest-criminal-to.html)

(yes I know it isn't exactly CBS Sports reporting)

Dude, I wouldn't be surprised if Rae Carruth wasn't next in line for a workout. :saywhat: :shakehead

Heck need a backup RB? Clarett might be a free man next....perhaps he'll show up in Denver? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

STD
02-12-10, 05:02 PM
Oh my. I was only half serious and was trolling for Bungles fans. (Caught one too!) Truth is stranger than fiction.

Don't forget about LJ. :rofl:

nrc
02-12-10, 08:40 PM
Mike Brown is a redeemer. :gomer: