PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2009 a.k.a. Please Don't Hit Tom Brady in the Lower Leg

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Don Quixote
01-12-10, 03:56 PM
As for the schedule I heard mentioned today....@Pats, @NYJ, @Colts, @ATL, NOLA, Bolts, Fish, etc. :eek:

-KevinPlus a home and home against the Brownies! :D

dando
01-12-10, 04:05 PM
Plus a home and home against the Brownies! :D

Wx2. :p

Speaking of the Clowns, apparently Brady Queen's foot issue is a lisfranc fracture (think Courtney Brown).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_fracture

:(

-Kevin

nrc
01-12-10, 07:26 PM
Zimm is coming back. Reportedly for a 3-year deal. :thumbup:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Zimmer-says-hes-coming-back/1dbb17ca-dbe3-4329-8d51-4629ef0f45cc

As for the schedule I heard mentioned today....@Pats, @NYJ, @Colts, @ATL, NOLA, Bolts, Fish, etc. :eek:

-Kevin

Happy Dance! What a relief.

Next year (besides division games):

Home
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Diego Chargers

Away
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Indianapolis Colts

No big deal. With Zim back we'll beat a lot of them 3-0. :D

WickerBill
01-12-10, 09:02 PM
Hey, just hope for a late December match with the Colts... free win! :shakehead

nrc
01-12-10, 10:11 PM
Hey, just hope for a late December match with the Colts... free win! :shakehead

Come to think of it, alternate the home and away as listed above and shuffle in the division matchups and I'd take them in that order. :D

dando
01-13-10, 01:09 PM
It's official....KC is now below sea level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4821761

As expected, the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday officially hired Romeo Crennel to be their new defensive coordinator.

:gomer:

-Kevin

STD
01-13-10, 01:55 PM
:shakehead Like most overweight US cities I doubt KC will notice the added grith.

Ankf00
01-13-10, 03:44 PM
scott pioli's getting the band back together too

dando
01-13-10, 05:08 PM
Eagles can't get spanked like that twice in a row, right? :saywhat:

Oh, and to answer your question....yes, they can. :gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

dando
01-16-10, 02:46 PM
Well, we've got this going for us. Ocho makes the Pro Bowl and Marvin win Coach of the Year. :thumbup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4831442

NEW YORK -- Marvin Lewis had much more than game plans to deal with this season.

Lewis won The Associated Press 2009 NFL Coach of the Year award for guiding his team to the playoffs during a season marked by tragedy.

The Cincinnati Bengals won the AFC North with a 10-6 record, just their second division title since 1990, both under Lewis. They did so despite the deaths of wide receiver Chris Henry and Vikki Zimmer, the wife of defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer. Several players' families also were directly affected by the tsunami in the Samoan Islands.

-Kevin

nrc
01-16-10, 04:02 PM
I'd rather see Chad sit home than sneak in as an alternate.

For Lewis it's well deserved. It's a shame they couldn't put a Hollywood ending on all the tragedy.

dando
01-16-10, 04:16 PM
I'd rather see Chad sit home than sneak in as an alternate.

Technically he is...he lives in Miami. ;)

Aye, on the Hollywood ending, but even Hollywood couldn't dream up this past season for the Bengals. :eek: :(

-Kevin

Elmo T
01-16-10, 05:22 PM
Oh, and to answer your question....yes, they can. :gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

Yea.....? Yea....?

I've got nothing. :shakehead

dando
01-16-10, 06:37 PM
Yea.....? Yea....?

I've got nothing. :shakehead

BTW, that's called karma for the Phillies ousting my Bums two years in a row. :saywhat: :p ;)

Oh, and anyone but the Cowboyz. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

EDwardo
01-17-10, 04:49 PM
Looks like Tony Nomo..........

dando
01-17-10, 05:02 PM
Greatest. QB. Evar. http://www.twtex.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_bow.gif

Damn we need a Favre smilie. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
01-17-10, 05:04 PM
Looks like Tony Nomo..........

The OL has been bad, but Minnie's DL is the best in the league. That INT was Evil Favresque.

-Kevin

EDwardo
01-17-10, 06:38 PM
... but Minnie's DL is the best in the league. ...
-Kevin

I'm still amazed that the Chiefs thought it was a good idea to trade Jared Allen.

dando
01-17-10, 08:59 PM
Shoulda figgered the Norv Turners would be....well, the Norv Turners. Perhaps you got what you asked for Indy. :laugh:

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-17-10, 09:55 PM
I didn't realize "don't bet on Norv Turner in the playoffs" was a stronger rule than "don't bet on the rookie quarterback in the playoffs". That's one powerful rule.

extramundane
01-17-10, 10:28 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/848/500xjonesphillips.jpg

:D

Ankf00
01-18-10, 12:07 AM
:rofl:

Don Quixote
01-18-10, 10:25 AM
:rofl: Skelator looks none too happy.

dando
01-18-10, 03:46 PM
:rofl: Skelator looks none too happy.

That's not Skeletor...that's Madame from Waylan & Madame.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Wayland_Flowers_and_Madame.jpg

-Kevin

dando
01-18-10, 03:48 PM
So four years ago the AFC North Champ Bengals lost to a wild card and eventual SB champ Stealers....deja vu all over again? :saywhat: :( Even $$$ Jets vs. Colts.

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-18-10, 10:33 PM
Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL. Every pass he throws is gorgeous, and his love of the game is the stuff of legends. I hope he never loses another game. I also hope he plays until he's 48. The NFL just wouldn't be the same without Brett Favre.

Brett, Brett, Brett, Bretty Brett Favre, you are the King of Quarterbacks.

(I will do anything to change my luck)

WB

dando
01-18-10, 10:35 PM
Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL. Every pass he throws is gorgeous, and his love of the game is the stuff of legends. I hope he never loses another game. I also hope he plays until he's 48. The NFL just wouldn't be the same without Brett Favre.

(I will do anything to change my luck)

WB

:rofl: :thumbup: :gomer: :D

-Kevin

nrc
01-18-10, 11:41 PM
Ha! The ol' reverse mojo trick. Good luck with that. :)

Warlock!
01-19-10, 01:23 PM
That's not Skeletor...that's Madame from Waylan & Madame.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Wayland_Flowers_and_Madame.jpg

-Kevin

I hate you.

Andrew Longman
01-19-10, 01:40 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/848/500xjonesphillips.jpg

Dead man walking

As a Giant fan I hope not

Don Quixote
01-19-10, 02:37 PM
The Bills picked who as their new head coach. :laugh:

Don Quixote
01-19-10, 02:39 PM

If we had sig lines on this forum, this would be mine. :D

dando
01-19-10, 02:46 PM
The Bills picked who as their new head coach. :laugh:

Chan Gailey.

Yes, Chan Gailey. :rofl:

In other news, the Buffalo Sabres hired Mike Keenan as coach.....j/k, TKG....you can get off the roof now. ;) :p

-Kevin

dando
01-19-10, 02:48 PM
If we had sig lines on this forum, this would be mine. :D

Ummm, no....you would insert Jay Cutler for Brett 'the second coming' Favre. :p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-19-10, 02:49 PM
TKG....you can get off the roof now. ;) :p
-Kevin
But use a ladder, don't jump.

TKGAngel
01-19-10, 04:21 PM
Apparently the presser today was a work of art. I didn't listen to/watch it, but if Twitter is to be believed, Buddy Nix (the new GM) was in RARE form, including telling the media how to do their jobs. (Note to Buddy: Buffalo media are a fickle sort. They don't take too kindly to such "advice.").

I guess there's no word on a new QB, since Edwards and Fitzpatrick did a fine job. *headdesk* on that one.

In other news, the Buffalo Sabres hired Mike Keenan as coach.....j/k, TKG....you can get off the roof now.

Not funny. ;)

dando
01-19-10, 04:37 PM
I guess there's no word on a new QB, since Edwards and Fitzpatrick did a fine job. *headdesk* on that one.

Vick, Mike....the Dawg Pound moves from Cleveburgh to Boofaloo. ;)

-Kevin

dando
01-19-10, 04:41 PM
I hate you.

Apologies if I caused you to lose your wood. ;) :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-19-10, 05:51 PM

Not funny. ;)
Reggie Ball to Buffalo!

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bill_chan_gailey.jpg

WickerBill
01-19-10, 07:10 PM
I hate you.

Warlock!'s here!

TKGAngel
01-19-10, 07:27 PM
Vick, Mike....the Dawg Pound moves from Cleveburgh to Boofaloo.

If Vick comes to Buffalo, I guarantee you the money will be raised for the billboard urging him to go away within hours of his arrival.

Reggie Ball to Buffalo!

Who? No really, who is he?

BTW, nice 'shop job.

Warlock!
01-22-10, 09:19 AM
Warlock!'s here!

Oh, I'm always here. It's just that the bourbon and apathy make it hard to reach for the keyboard in most cases. :D

Andrew Longman
01-22-10, 10:37 AM
Dead man walking

As a Giant fan I hope not

Apparently not. Signed a two year extension. Which means he'll be fired next year unless he wins the Super Bowl. He didn't seem too happy about his deal at the press thingy.

Ankf00
01-22-10, 08:22 PM
He was going to be re-signed after that playoff win. That was always the goal. Next year is NFC title game or bust though.

Andrew Longman
01-23-10, 01:14 AM
He was going to be re-signed after that playoff win. That was always the goal. Next year is NFC title game or bust though.

Perhaps, but if I were Jerry I'd take notice that the Eagles literally didn't show up for the playoff.

I also don't think 1-2 playoff wins in 10 (or whatever years) would be satisfactory to Jerry with his big shiney new stadium and all. The Yankees opened a new stadium and won a world series. :gomer: That's how it is supposed to happen if you have the stature of teams like the Cowboys and Yankees.

Besides, what about Wade Phillips' career suggests suggests he is even a good coach let alone the best available?

WickerBill
01-23-10, 09:43 AM
literally

G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Ankf00
01-23-10, 01:17 PM
Besides, what about Wade Phillips' career suggests suggests he is even a good coach let alone the best available?

best 3 first years winning perccentage of any cowboys coach ever. 2nd place isn't even close

dando
01-24-10, 04:49 PM
Holy crap, Batman....I just saw an EARL commercial on CBS during the AFC Championship game....featuring the Giants and Colts. :rofl: :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-24-10, 06:52 PM
So four years ago the AFC North Champ Bengals lost to a wild card and eventual SB champ Stealers....deja vu all over again?

Nope. Suck it fat man. :gomer: If only CP could throw a f'ing footieball like Peyton. :cry: :saywhat:

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-24-10, 07:02 PM
I just want to remind everyone that there's no way the Vikings can lose this evening. They have Favre. He is the very greatest quarterback ever.

EDwardo
01-24-10, 07:42 PM
... They have Favre. He is the very greatest quarterback ever.

What he said.

John Amway couldn't carry his jokestrap. He is Americas' Favreit!

I say Cooperstown should waive the waiting period and put him directly in the Hall of Fame!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dando
01-24-10, 07:46 PM
http://www.judasfavre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brent-favre.jpg

:gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-24-10, 08:09 PM
Holy media buy, IZOD & Versus.

The media has got to be salivating at the potential of a Peyton/Farve showdown.

dando
01-24-10, 08:18 PM
WB has got to be salivating at the potential of a Peyton/Farve showdown.

Fixed. ;) :p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-24-10, 11:35 PM
Not about favre, but the officials decided that game in ot. On 4th and 1 the ball was dislodged by the helmet hit and bobbled, not a first down. The PI call was clearly not catchable. The 12 yard reception hit the ground. I saw it, why couldn't the replay booth. I had no dog in that fight, but it stunk to high heaven. And this might be a somewhat drunk post. Maybe. :gomer:

WickerBill
01-24-10, 11:50 PM
I am glad that, when the Vikings go to the super bowl, they won't go with *that guy* as their quarterback.

Please retire. Even if you have to do it on Super Bowl morning because you're a complete attention whore, please retire for good.

stroker
01-25-10, 12:46 AM
We now know what it's like to have what should have been a very good NFL game decided by Lawyers.

No wonder F1 sucks.

Ankf00
01-25-10, 01:42 AM
that was some BS. officials are dirtier than NO's own establishment. that's like being a bigger whore than Tiger

TravelGal
01-25-10, 01:51 AM
Not about favre, but the officials decided that game in ot. On 4th and 1 the ball was dislodged by the helmet hit and bobbled, not a first down. The PI call was clearly not catchable. The 12 yard reception hit the ground. I saw it, why couldn't the replay booth. I had no dog in that fight, but it stunk to high heaven. And this might be a somewhat drunk post. Maybe. :gomer:

Agreed on all points. Only watched the OT because I didn't really care who won but the officials were, ah, pbbbbt, you said it all Don Q.

WickerBill
01-25-10, 08:03 AM
The 12 yard reception didn't bobble when it hit the ground, he had it pressed between his hand and thigh pad. The rules as of a couple years ago say the ball can hit the ground as long as it doesn't bobble.

As for the other two calls, did you not watch the entire game? There were hideous calls on both sides; I'll agree the Saints got the late ones, but the bad officiating was far from biased officiating. Favre got high-lowed, which is the Brady rule, and it wasn't called; Favre handed off and then *ran toward the rushing end* and still got a roughing the PASSER penalty when he got steamrolled. What?

You can complain about the refs all you want, the Vikings turned the ball over approximately 54 times, including the Greatest QB Of All Time throwing his (last?) pass across his body over the middle for a pick.

Gnam
01-25-10, 12:57 PM
Favre got high-lowed, which is the Brady rule, and it wasn't called;
Mark Sanchez also got blasted by the Colts without any flags being thrown. Wonder if the refs were instructed to 'let them play' for the two Championship games?

dando
01-25-10, 01:12 PM
The NFL's gotta fix the OT. Period. Games like this should not be decided by a coin flip. Too bad the result falls on Favre's shoulders considering the BS OL and AP's lack of man hands...was the BK 'small hands' ad just a coincidence? :saywhat:

Peyton is going to rip that D something fierce. :eek:

-Kevin <== no, I'm not really a Favre fanboy, I just watch them on Teevee. :gomer:

EDIT: pulling for the sAints, but they don't have a chance, IMO.

TKGAngel
01-25-10, 01:25 PM
The NFL's gotta fix the OT. Period. Games like this should not be decided by a coin flip.

What are the options? Letting the "losing" team have one final possession to score? Play a full OT quarter and whoever wins after that, wins? Move on to an individual skills competition to decide the victor?

dando
01-25-10, 01:31 PM
What are the options? Letting the "losing" team have one final possession to score? Play a full OT quarter and whoever wins after that, wins? Move on to an individual skills competition to decide the victor?

A shootout. :gomer: My suggestion is to play a full quarter like it's the end of a half. Should result in both teams having @ least one possession to control their destiny more than a coin flip does. Still tied after that? Perhaps sudden death or another quarter. The NHL and college foosball OTs are a joke, the NBA and MLB have it right. Just my $.02.

-Kevin

dando
01-25-10, 01:59 PM
Favre handed off and then *ran toward the rushing end* and still got a roughing the PASSER penalty when he got steamrolled. What?

That call was more about how he was drilled. That being said, the officiating was uneven throughout the playoffs. :saywhat:

-Kevin

TravelGal
01-25-10, 02:37 PM
The 12 yard reception didn't bobble when it hit the ground, he had it pressed between his hand and thigh pad. The rules as of a couple years ago say the ball can hit the ground as long as it doesn't bobble.

As for the other two calls, did you not watch the entire game? There were hideous calls on both sides; I'll agree the Saints got the late ones, but the bad officiating was far from biased officiating. Favre got high-lowed, which is the Brady rule, and it wasn't called; Favre handed off and then *ran toward the rushing end* and still got a roughing the PASSER penalty when he got steamrolled. What?

You can complain about the refs all you want, the Vikings turned the ball over approximately 54 times, including the Greatest QB Of All Time throwing his (last?) pass across his body over the middle for a pick.

Meh, okay I'll accept that it didn't just turn into a stinkeroo on the officiating side in the OT. It's been SO like that all season, why should I think the zebras would lose their stripes in, oh, the second biggest game of the year? And yes, Favre gets the goat shirt in my book for that pass and the muffed handoff (so I lied, I did see the end of the 4th Q) that prevented the field goal attempt.

Gangrel
01-25-10, 03:47 PM
A shootout. :gomer: My suggestion is to play a full quarter like it's the end of a half. Should result in both teams having @ least one possession to control their destiny more than a coin flip does. Still tied after that? Perhaps sudden death or another quarter. The NHL and college foosball OTs are a joke, the NBA and MLB have it right. Just my $.02.

-Kevin

Well...MLB, what side of the ball you play in extra innings is determined by whether or not you are the home team. It is not possible to score in MLB if you are playing defense, so sudden death would be silly. As for NBA, a sudden death would last all of, what? 6 seconds? I had no problem with sudden death in the NHL pre-strike, though I think I preferred games that could end in a tie over games that go to a shootout. But again, posession is determined by a faceoff, not by a coin flip, and if you lose the faceoff but steal the puck, you could very well turn it around to a 2-on-1 and score that goal.

The only issue I have with OT in the NFL is the coin flip. Perhaps if they determined possession by a jump ball or some kind of kicking competition (i.e. shootout), it might be a little more fair. OTOH, if the Vikings get the ball in OT and Favre throws one of his signiture pics in the first OT drive, we're still talking about the same result.

All-in-all, I found the last two minutes of regulation and the OT in that game to be priceless. But hey...that's just me... :D

Gangrel
01-25-10, 03:49 PM
Meh, okay I'll accept that it didn't just turn into a stinkeroo on the officiating side in the OT. It's been SO like that all season, why should I think the zebras would lose their stripes in, oh, the second biggest game of the year? And yes, Favre gets the goat shirt in my book for that pass and the muffed handoff (so I lied, I did see the end of the 4th Q) that prevented the field goal attempt.

Muffed handoff? How about the 12 men in the huddle flag? That, in combination with the pic, was what sank the Viking ship in regulation...

Ankf00
01-25-10, 06:54 PM
when did the White Sox start playing football? :confused:

stroker
01-25-10, 08:49 PM
I'll be interested in whether The One will be willing to ride off into retirement with his last play in the NFL being an interception that in high probability cost his team a trip to the Superbowl...

WickerBill
01-25-10, 09:39 PM
I'll be interested in whether The One will be willing to ride off into retirement with his last play in the NFL being an interception that in high probability cost his team a trip to the Superbowl...

His last throw with the Jets was a pick that ended their season.

His last throw with the Packers was a pick that ended their season (NFC title game).

Pattern?

stroker
01-26-10, 12:54 AM
His last throw with the Jets was a pick that ended their season.

His last throw with the Packers was a pick that ended their season (NFC title game).

Pattern?

As long as he remembers to wipe his ass with that purple jersey I don't care.

chop456
01-26-10, 02:53 AM

Make it like dodgeball. One player from each team lines up on opposing goal lines. The ball is placed at midfield. Ref blows the whistle and whoever gets the ball goes first. Each team starts at the 40 and must score a touchdown - no FGs. If you score and the opposing team doesn't - you win.

Or not. :D

dando
01-26-10, 10:47 AM
Should we resurrect the Brett Favre thread? :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4857006

Brett Favre's return for another season is "highly unlikely, but it has been an awesome year," the Minnesota Vikings quarterback told ESPN's Ed Werder after the Vikings' loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-26-10, 12:50 PM
Make it like dodgeball. One player from each team lines up on opposing goal lines. The ball is placed at midfield. Ref blows the whistle and whoever gets the ball goes first. Each team starts at the 40 and must score a touchdown - no FGs. If you score and the opposing team doesn't - you win.

Or not. :DBest idea I have heard yet. Seriously. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
01-26-10, 12:52 PM
Brett Favree to play for Saints in Super Bowl!
http://www.thebuckeyebattlecry.com/2010/1/25/1270058/brett-favre-retires-unretires

Gangrel
01-26-10, 10:49 PM
when did the White Sox start playing football? :confused:

Get a life.

Seriously.

Ankf00
01-26-10, 11:29 PM
:(

Don Quixote
01-27-10, 12:45 AM
:confused:

Ankf00
01-27-10, 01:43 AM
http://silentarchimedes.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/eli-manning.jpg

:thumbup:

Gangrel
01-27-10, 11:50 AM
Best idea I have heard yet. Seriously. :thumbup:

Now THAT'S classic! :D

WickerBill
01-27-10, 03:03 PM
I saw this suggestion for OT on ESPN.

Why not end the fourth quarter, in the event of a tie, the way the 3rd quarter ends? Whoever has the ball keeps it, switches ends, and keeps playing? You would be forced to completely change your two minute strategy as both offense and defense. You would NOT go into prevent defense. You would not take a knee and play for OT. You wouldn't lose to a coin flip.

dando
01-27-10, 03:24 PM

Why not end the fourth quarter, in the event of a tie, the way the 3rd quarter ends? Whoever has the ball keeps it, switches ends, and keeps playing? You would be forced to completely change your two minute strategy as both offense and defense. You would NOT go into prevent defense. You would not take a knee and play for OT. You wouldn't lose to a coin flip.

And presumably you wouldn't throw a late pick over the middle. :D

-Kevin

Gangrel
01-27-10, 05:50 PM
And presumably you wouldn't throw a late pick over the middle. :D

-Kevin

But some people just can't help themselves... :D

stroker
01-27-10, 08:26 PM

I like the current OT rules.

dando
01-29-10, 12:43 PM
Here we go again. :saywhat:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4868922

Police in northern Kentucky have arrested Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga on charges of drunken and careless driving.

Covington police spokesman Spike Jones says Maualuga hit a parking meter and two parked cars early Friday with his 2003 Pontiac. There was minor damage.

-Kevin

chop456
01-29-10, 01:17 PM
Covington police spokesman Spike Jones

:laugh:

Don Quixote
01-29-10, 02:39 PM
Dude was driving a 2003 Pontiac. You go!!!!! :cool:

dando
01-29-10, 02:59 PM
Dude was driving a 2003 Pontiac. You go!!!!! :cool:

Beats the back of a p/u truck. :gomer: :(

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-29-10, 03:38 PM

-Kevin

Oh my God

Gangrel
01-29-10, 04:30 PM

-Kevin

Who beat who? Last I checked, the p/u truck won.

Ankf00
01-29-10, 05:01 PM
Oh my God

what? too soon?

Gnam
01-29-10, 07:58 PM
Kurt Warner retires. http://www.kpho.com/news/22377083/detail.html

Do you think he called Brent first?

WickerBill
01-29-10, 08:05 PM
what? too soon?

No, I was just stunned dando said something funny

dando
01-29-10, 09:50 PM
No, I was just stunned dando said something funny

:p

Don't make me bump the Brent Favre thread. ;) :D

-Kevin

dando
01-31-10, 10:27 PM
They should just make the Pro Bowl a flag football game. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

WickerBill
02-01-10, 08:44 AM
Didn't watch -- did Esteban get to kick?

dando
02-01-10, 09:58 AM
Didn't watch -- did Esteban get to kick?

I just caught a bit of the second half, but I don't think so. I was hoping he'd score a TD for the celebration since GODdell cleared him to do one...no dice. :( Would have been 100x more interesting than the game itself. @ least I gots to see Romo throw an INT with the 'game' on the line. :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-01-10, 09:31 PM
Super Bowl in NOLA
Saints in Super Bowl
1st weekend of Mardis Gras

Party of the century, holy **** :eek:

Napoleon
02-03-10, 08:59 AM
This is kind of a funny story. A long time NOLA sportscaster named Buddy Diliberto (who is apparently the guy who came up with wearing a bag over your head at Saints games and calling them the 'aints) had promised to walk down the middle of Bourban Steet in a dress if the Saints ever made it to the Super Bowl.

Well Buddy D died in 2005 so he is not with us to make good on his promise,but ex-Saints quarterback Bobby Hebert who apparently took Buddy's seat on local sports talk radio show and 100s of other guys made good on Buddy's promise on Sunday and marched down Bourban Street in dresses. (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/02/true_new_orleans_saints_fans_b.html)