PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2009 a.k.a. Please Don't Hit Tom Brady in the Lower Leg

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

nrc
12-30-09, 03:01 PM
did anyone else notice how much gruden was slurping favre two plays after favre threw a terrible pass into double coverage that should have been picked to end the game with 2 mins to go?

i loved that game

Another Favre led December melt-down? Whoda thunk?

nrc
12-30-09, 03:02 PM
Crown 'em redux:

Told that they would probably have to play the top-seeded Colts on the road, anyway, Lewis fired back, “You’re saying Indy has won the game, you know what I’m saying? You’re not guaranteed who wins these games. I would imagine you would want to be as high as seed as you can get at any point.”

dando
01-03-10, 12:44 PM
Potential for two re-matches next week depending on Cards/Packers and Bengals/Jets. :eek:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-03-10, 03:19 PM
Wonderful weather for today's Bills/Colts game. :thumbup:

nrc
01-03-10, 03:27 PM
Potential for two re-matches next week depending on Cards/Packers and Bengals/Jets. :eek:

-Kevin

Philly/Dallas is another potential re-match for next week. Pats/Texans was another but I don't think that can happen along with the other three.

WickerBill
01-03-10, 03:43 PM
Wonderful weather for today's Bills/Colts game. :thumbup:

Curtis Painter's contract: "For this wage, you will subject yourself to become the laughingstock of the league and will never be able to outrun your reputation as a suckwad and will never get another NFL job again."

stroker
01-03-10, 03:45 PM

-Kevin

Are the Cardinals actually playing for something? Both the Vikings and the Eagles have to lose for them to get a bye. Minnesota's up 31-zip over NYG in the 3rd Quarter so the Cardinals ain't gonna get a bye next week. The Packers are the #5 or #6 seed regardless, so I can't see them risking a critical injury today. Both GB and AZ might as well put in the second string and let it go....

Indy
01-03-10, 03:50 PM
Curtis Painter's contract: "For this wage, you will subject yourself to become the laughingstock of the league and will never be able to outrun your reputation as a suckwad and will never get another NFL job again."

I am angry about this on several levels. And so are a lot of other Colts fans. I am the football equivalent of that maligned race-goer, the "casual fan," and I can tell you that by throwing away greatness to play it safe, they killed my enthusiasm for the season. Meh. And now they put Painter, a Boilermaker and a fine person, in this impossible situation to protect delicate little Peyton. :flame:

Professional sports suck. All of them. Freaking circuses.

dando
01-03-10, 04:07 PM
Philly/Dallas is another potential re-match for next week. Pats/Texans was another but I don't think that can happen along with the other three.

James Brown mentioned 4 potential re-matches, but I was busy undecorating and missed the 4th. :confused:

G-men == :laugh: :eek:

-Kevin

STD
01-03-10, 04:31 PM
Now I see what too much winning (9 straight years in the playoffs, how many twelve win seasons? and a Superbowl win) can do for a "fanbase". :laugh:

TKGAngel
01-03-10, 04:41 PM
And now they put Painter, a Boilermaker and a fine person, in this impossible situation to protect delicate little Peyton.

And yet the Colts put Peyton in today in less than wonderful conditions to get some consecutive start and 100 catch milestone. How does that even make sense?

nrc
01-03-10, 04:45 PM
And yet the Colts put Peyton in today in less than wonderful conditions to get some consecutive start and 100 catch milestone. How does that even make sense?

A lot of coaches feel like even if a player isn't going to play the full game they should prepare and start as though they are to maintain their routine and avoid getting too rusty. If they had complete sat Manning starting last week it would have been a full month between live snaps.

nrc
01-03-10, 04:54 PM
Texans battling to keep tonight's game meaningful for the Bengals!

Indy
01-03-10, 05:05 PM
Now I see what too much winning (9 straight years in the playoffs, how many twelve win seasons? and a Superbowl win) can do for a "fanbase". :laugh:

I would not consider myself to be part of the "fanbase." But even the hard core fans I know are pissed off. They aren't going anywhere else, but they are mad.

The way I see it, Irsay made a decision for short term gain (Superbowl) rather than risk it to go for long term publicity (the immortality of a perfect season). That is a business decision, clearly not a sporting one, but in my opinion still a poor one. I would say the long term value of his asset is less for it (thinking of myself, for example, I still have a soft spot for the Dolphins).

But he played it safe, which is a hard thing to avoid when running a business. It was simply uninspired.

Indy
01-03-10, 05:09 PM
And, by the way, regarding the new stadium, I want my money back. :gomer:

dando
01-03-10, 05:38 PM
Texans battling to keep tonight's game meaningful for the Bengals!

So who does Marvin want to play? :gomer: Gusty winds could make this the perfect game for the Bengals running attack. I haven't seen the Jets play this season, but I'm not sold on the #1 D ranking. They played the Bills twice, Raiderz, Bucs, and Carolina with Delhomme imploding. Oh, and here's the re-match scenario per Peter King on Twitter:

SI_PeterKing... If Dallas, Jets win and Balt, Den lose, then it's Houston at NE, Jets at Bengals, Phil at Dallas, GB at Ariz.

SI_PeterKing It's 4:20 pm, and NBC's playoff guru, Joe Gesue, just informed us that 4 rematches of today's game could be the Wild Card matches ...

Talk about deja vu all over again. :eek:

Casserly mentioned on the CBS pre-game show that he expects Zim to be the DC in DC after this season. :(

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-03-10, 05:41 PM
you follow Peter King on twitter. That explains so much...

dando
01-03-10, 05:45 PM
you follow Peter King on twitter. That explains so much...

Shouldn't you be wondering who's gonna catch the ball for the nags and w/o a decent running game to boot? Perhaps Coach McKid should suit up. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-03-10, 05:55 PM
I'm watching them. You're watching this guy's every tweet:

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/peterking1-450x600.jpg

dando
01-03-10, 06:06 PM

Nah, but I do like to follow this guy:

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/chadjohnsonpic.jpg

;)

I'm a very casual follower/user of Twitter, but it's an occupational necessity to keep up with the social networking and other Web trends. What's your beef with PK? His MMQB column is one of the most respected columns on the Web today.

-Kevin

nrc
01-03-10, 08:00 PM

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/peterking1-450x600.jpg

Norm!

nrc
01-03-10, 08:04 PM
Benson and everyone with so much as a cramp is sitting. Palmer is active but I'm guessing that he'll hand off for two quarters and see how it goes.

WickerBill
01-03-10, 08:13 PM
What's your beef with PK? His MMQB column is one of the most respected columns on the Web today.

Um, you must get your stats from the same place King does. Out of a bodily orifice. Who respects his drivel about coffee, complaining about flying coach, and non-stop talk about how great Montclair, NJ is?? His constant hack writing techniques of "Hines Ward leads the league in smiles!" and "Matt Hasselbeck leads the league in grit!" wouldn't be accepted by the editor of a college newspaper, but because people have always read King, it is somehow OK. There are at least two NFL writers on SI.com that are better, more thorough, and less self-serving than King. YOU are a better writer than King.

Weekly dissection of a Peter King MMQB (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/11/peter-king-and-the-throbbing-groin.html)

***Warning*** that post contains language not suitable for anybody.

stroker
01-03-10, 08:13 PM
The way I see it, Irsay made a decision for short term gain (Superbowl) rather than risk it to go for long term publicity (the immortality of a perfect season). That is a business decision, clearly not a sporting one, but in my opinion still a poor one.

I'd beg to differ from the perspective of a disinterested party. As far as I'm concerned (based on what I saw of last week's Colts "highlights") the team learned something very important by benching Manning--that was that Painter can't QB to save his life. I think the knowing that they have no effective second string QB was worth giving up a perfect season. At least they can form a contingency plan NOW instead of losing in the playoffs when it's too late to do anything about it.

Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it...

dando
01-03-10, 08:31 PM
A cautionary tale on why to sit your starters with the playoffs looming:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4792582

Initial tests show that New England Patriots receiver Wes Welker tore both his anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in his left knee in Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, but he is scheduled to undergo more testing Monday, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The injury would presumably end Welker's season.

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-03-10, 08:32 PM
He just cut! He didn't get hit! How do you figure that doesn't happen on the first play of the first playoff game??

EDwardo
01-03-10, 08:38 PM
Gee Boss. Not a single mention of the Nags meltdown?

A few items of note from the game.

Jamal Charles set a franchise record with 259 yards rushing. Derrick Johnson tied an NFL record with 2 interceptions returned for a TD in one game. And Brian Succup tied an NFL record for made field goal percentage by a rookie Kicker.

Having said that, I know, I know, the Chiefs really sucked this year. But, they did punt the Nags out of the playoff picture.

And there is always the 2010 season.

:)

WickerBill
01-03-10, 08:43 PM
Derrick Johnson tied an NFL record with 2 interceptions returned for a TD in one game.

Hook 'em

dando
01-03-10, 08:44 PM
Um, you must get your stats from the same place King does. Out of a bodily orifice. Who respects his drivel about coffee, complaining about flying coach, and non-stop talk about how great Montclair, NJ is?? His constant hack writing techniques of "Hines Ward leads the league in smiles!" and "Matt Hasselbeck leads the league in grit!" wouldn't be accepted by the editor of a college newspaper, but because people have always read King, it is somehow OK. There are at least two NFL writers on SI.com that are better, more thorough, and less self-serving than King. YOU are a better writer than King.

Meh. I never said he was perfect, and I sample a number of hacks across many sites. You just don't like his Favrelovian love. :p Having dabbled in journalism previously, one thing is clear to me: you can't please all of the people all of the time (kinda like politics, eh?). Heck I even read him despite his incessant Bengals bashing....until he jumped on the bandwagon about midway through this season (the ultimate kiss of death for sure). Personally I think he holds a grudge from his days in Cincy.

Not being a defender, just sayin'... :)

-Kevin

dando
01-03-10, 08:46 PM
He just cut! He didn't get hit! How do you figure that doesn't happen on the first play of the first playoff game??

You mean like Carson Palmer circa '06? :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
01-03-10, 08:48 PM
Gee Boss. Not a single mention of the Nags meltdown?

A few items of note from the game.

Jamal Charles set a franchise record with 259 yards rushing. Derrick Johnson tied an NFL record with 2 interceptions returned for a TD in one game. And Brian Succup tied an NFL record for made field goal percentage by a rookie Kicker.

Having said that, I know, I know, the Chiefs really sucked this year. But, they did punt the Nags out of the playoff picture.

And there is always the 2010 season.

The Nags should trade Marshall to the Chiefs. Addition by subtraction. :D

-Kevin

STD
01-03-10, 09:47 PM
The Nags should trade Marshall to the Chiefs. Addition by subtraction. :D

-Kevin

The fact the Chiefs had wrapped up Cassel and thus opened the door to the Nags off season meltdown was good.
Dumping Larry Johnson was better. The Bengals will learn to love him.
Today's game was brilliant.
Watching Jamarcus in the highlights of the Raven game was pure toaster time. :rofl: :laugh:

Irsay Jr. blows that watered down generational thing all to pieces. He has done far better than daddy ever did. He knew when to hire someone that knew what they were doing if nothing else. Being a non Hoosier must have helped as well. ;)

WickerBill
01-03-10, 09:57 PM
I can see Denver trading Marshall plus the Bears #1 to the Rams for Suh. They'd end up with Suh and still a boatload of picks.

dando
01-03-10, 10:53 PM
Benson and everyone with so much as a cramp is sitting. Palmer is active but I'm guessing that he'll hand off for two quarters and see how it goes.

Fuster cluck. Why bother? Pathetic. :shakehead :irked: :saywhat: :mad: :flame:

-Kevin

nrc
01-03-10, 11:12 PM
Fuster cluck. Why bother? Pathetic. :shakehead :irked: :saywhat: :mad: :flame:

-Kevin

At this point I don't see any reason for Palmer to come out for the second half. The receivers aren't bothering to catch anything and O'Sullivan can hand off for no gain as well as anyone.

Don Quixote
01-03-10, 11:13 PM
4 in a row. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

nrc
01-03-10, 11:16 PM
The fact the Chiefs had wrapped up Cassel and thus opened the door to the Nags off season meltdown was good.
Dumping Larry Johnson was better. The Bengals will learn to love him.

The Bengals only picked up Johnson as insurance for Benson. Unless Johnson is willing to work for the veteran minimum he won't be with the Bengals next year.

dando
01-03-10, 11:18 PM
At this point I don't see any reason for Palmer to come out for the second half. The receivers aren't bothering to catch anything and O'Sullivan can hand off for no gain as well as anyone.

:flame: :mad: :saywhat: :shakehead

Pathetic x 11. :(

EDIT: 1 and done. :(

-Kevin

dando
01-03-10, 11:19 PM

Aw shaddup. :gomer:

-Kevin

Gnam
01-04-10, 12:41 AM
I would not consider myself to be part of the "fanbase." But even the hard core fans I know are pissed off. They aren't going anywhere else, but they are mad.

The way I see it, Irsay made a decision for short term gain (Superbowl) rather than risk it to go for long term publicity (the immortality of a perfect season). That is a business decision, clearly not a sporting one, but in my opinion still a poor one. I would say the long term value of his asset is less for it (thinking of myself, for example, I still have a soft spot for the Dolphins).

But he played it safe, which is a hard thing to avoid when running a business. It was simply uninspired.
The Colt fans out in Kali-for-nia were similarly outraged. It was my first exposure to Hoosier wrath. One of them almost swore. It was pretty cute. :p

I'll ask you the same question I asked them. Do you think the Patriots would trade their "Perfect Season" for a Superbowl win?

On a personal note, the 49ers-Rams game was the worst game I've seen in many years. The lone halftime highlight was a 20 yard touchdown run from one of the Pee-Wee football games during halftime. There were 11 punts in the first half and the score was 0-3 St. Louis. :yuck:

Gnam
01-04-10, 01:00 AM
Re-match Weekend:
1. Packers at Cards
2. Eagles at Cowboys
3. Jets at Bengals

Patriots get to play the Ravens.

That's just weird. :saywhat:

Ankf00
01-04-10, 03:43 AM
Jamal Charles set a franchise record with 259 yards rushing.
took you fools long enough to start giving him the rock. jesus

Derrick Johnson tied an NFL record with 2 interceptions returned for a TD in one game.

you're welcome.

Ankf00
01-04-10, 03:45 AM

Weekly dissection of a Peter King MMQB (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/11/peter-king-and-the-throbbing-groin.html)

***Warning*** that post contains language not suitable for anybody.

this.

Indy
01-04-10, 09:56 AM
I'll ask you the same question I asked them. Do you think the Patriots would trade their "Perfect Season" for a Superbowl win?

I think the Colts could have had both. But we will never know.

And I didn't know Hoosiers ever took up residence in California. No, smoking, no corn, no tenderloins... Not a decent place to live. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
01-04-10, 11:54 AM
...and non-stop talk about how great Montclair, NJ is??

Hey, Montclair is a pretty good town on many levels. :gomer:

I lived there my first 11 years and my Father in Law lives there now.

Of course it has the highest property taxes in the highest taxed state in the nation. My FiL pays $20K a year. But for that you don't have to haul you garbage cans to the street. They take your cans out of your garage and put them back for you. :rolleyes:

Napoleon
01-04-10, 12:58 PM

Unbelievable!

STD
01-04-10, 01:07 PM
The Bengals only picked up Johnson as insurance for Benson. Unless Johnson is willing to work for the veteran minimum he won't be with the Bengals next year.

There most likely were better choices on the waver wire, short stay or not.
Larry is an Al Davis kind of guy.

Don Quixote
01-04-10, 04:36 PM
On a personal note, the 49ers-Rams game was the worst game I've seen in many years. Dude, that wasn't even the worst game of the day! :Bungles: :D

Don Quixote
01-04-10, 04:42 PM
Not a single mention of the Nags meltdown?
The meltdown is occurring within their fan base here in Denver. The same idiots who paint their houses orange and blue and drive around town with those car flags 365 days a year are jumping off the bandwagon in record numbers. I wonder what they would do if they had to experience Browns-like futility. My favorite thing from yesterday was listening to one of the local sportscasters complain about the officiating in the game. :gomer:

Elmo T
01-04-10, 04:43 PM
Eagles can't get spanked like that twice in a row, right? :saywhat:

Don Quixote
01-04-10, 04:53 PM
Oh, and I think I owe Jay Cutler a huge apology for dogging him all year. His performance against the mighty Lions in that hugely critical game has convinced me that he is the elite quarterback in the league. His 4 td's more than wipe out the 26 previous int's from the record books. I make a motion to wave the hof retirement and 5 year waiting period rule and let's put him in there today. :thumbup:

dando
01-04-10, 09:08 PM
Sheridan canned, Shanny reportedly flying to DC.

-Kevin

chop456
01-04-10, 11:45 PM
Dude, that wasn't even the worst game of the day! :Bungles: :D

I actually fell asleep multiple times during that game and I wasn't even drinking.

Oh, and I think I owe Jay Cutler a huge apology for dogging him all year. His performance against the mighty Lions in that hugely critical game has convinced me that he is the elite quarterback in the league. His 4 td's more than wipe out the 26 previous int's from the record books. I make a motion to wave the hof retirement and 5 year waiting period rule and let's put him in there today. :thumbup:

See? Now you're starting to get it. :thumbup:

:D

Don Quixote
01-06-10, 02:48 PM
Charlie sweetcakes Weiss reportedly interested in the oc postion for the Chicago Bears. Weis + Cutler = comedy gold and entertainment for as long as they can keep it together. :thumbup: :rofl:

WickerBill
01-07-10, 07:46 AM
Weis signed up as OC in Kansas City.

chop456
01-07-10, 07:51 AM
And there was much rejoicing at all the BBQ joints in town, and all the owners and employees danced and sang in celebration of their coming savior and they all lived happily ever after.

The end.

TKGAngel
01-07-10, 09:45 AM
Bills coaching search is becoming a gong show. Weis was rumored, Shanahan wanted the world to come here, Cowher has allegedly had clandestine meetings, Fewell was interviewed and Frazier's in the mix. My favorite part of the whole thing is Bobby April telling the team to buzz off since he wasn't considered. Anyone need a special teams coach?

Don Quixote
01-07-10, 10:07 AM
Weis signed up as OC in Kansas City. I think EDuardo had better come in and tell us how great this is for God and country. :D

Don Quixote
01-07-10, 10:08 AM
And there was much rejoicing at all the BBQ joints in town, and all the owners and employees danced and sang in celebration of their coming savior and they all lived happily ever after.

The end.
:rofl:

Don Quixote
01-07-10, 10:09 AM
Bills coaching search is becoming a gong show. Weis was rumored, Shanahan wanted the world to come here, Cowher has allegedly had clandestine meetings, Fewell was interviewed and Frazier's in the mix. My favorite part of the whole thing is Bobby April telling the team to buzz off since he wasn't considered. Anyone need a special teams coach?Not to worry, Mangini may become available in a couple of days. :D

dando
01-07-10, 10:35 AM

The end.

And I've heard Romeo's name mentioned for KC as well. Ya might want to buy some beef futures. :gomer: In other news, it was just reported that KC is now actually located below sea level, scientists are currently investigating the cause....

:D

-Kevin

STD
01-07-10, 11:07 AM

The end.

After Gunther, Vermiculite and I coach(?) to lose the game, just about anything would seem better. :rofl:

Don Quixote
01-07-10, 11:13 AM
I see now that his new nickname is "KC Masterpiece". :)

STD
01-07-10, 11:53 AM
^ Has no clue about KC BBQ? :rofl:

extramundane
01-07-10, 02:01 PM
Um, Charlie? It's Chiefs, not Chefs.

/pileon

WickerBill
01-07-10, 02:15 PM
Great googly moogly

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/09/J3gYApfUsaQ.jpg

STD
01-07-10, 02:17 PM
Thought he was going to be the Bear's savior. :laugh:

Napoleon
01-08-10, 11:05 AM
Not to worry, Mangini may become available in a couple of days. :D

Not now, they announced they are keeping him next year.

dando
01-08-10, 11:32 AM
Not now, they announced they are keeping him next year.

So Holmgren's tenure doesn't start well. First he keeps Mangenius and then he pisses off Cribbs with a low-ball offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4806503

Say goodbye to your best player, Cleveland fans. :shakehead

-Kevin

Napoleon
01-08-10, 01:24 PM

Cribbs is the only player on that team that you actually look forward to seeing on the field week to week. It would be a shame to loose him.

chop456
01-08-10, 01:24 PM
So Holmgren's tenure doesn't start well. First he keeps Mangenius and then he pisses off Cribbs with a low-ball offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4806503

-Kevin

Yeah. If they lose HIM, it's over. :p

STD
01-08-10, 02:06 PM
:laugh:

Don Quixote
01-08-10, 02:31 PM
Yeah. If they lose HIM, it's over. :p:hateball:

EDwardo
01-08-10, 03:28 PM
I think EDuardo had better come in and tell us how great this is for God and country. :D

Who is this EDuardo fellow?

As for Weiss, he and GM Pioli have known each other for years. If Pioli thinks he can do a good job, we will see.
Since HC Haley fired his OC a week before the regular season started the Chiefs sorely need some help on the offense.

Any experts here about chasing windmills?

Don Quixote
01-08-10, 03:42 PM
Guilty. :D

dando
01-08-10, 05:28 PM
According to the local radio idiots, Carroll to the Seahags is being reported. Speaking of which, where is RacerMike hiding since the Rose Bowl beat down? ;) I was wondering what was up with Carroll appearing on the BC$ shows last night...not typical for a current head cooach to appear on those shows, but of course he's Coach Hollywood. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-08-10, 05:30 PM
Yeah. If they lose HIM, it's over. :p

It's not over, but he accounted for 2-3 Was this season and was the second leading scorer on the team (behind the PK x 2). Not bad for a guy that touches the ball single digits/game. I'm not saying break the piggy bank, but show some love and respect.

-Kevin

nrc
01-09-10, 01:04 PM
Funny. I just saw Carrol on an NFL Films program the other day. It was called "Top Ten Coaches who belonged in college". I'm serious.

WickerBill
01-09-10, 03:18 PM
You can't win in Seattle with those uniforms. It's against the law or something. They're even worse than Denver's uniforms.

This?

http://www.rickywatters.com/images/large/seahawks_large2.jpg

or this?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/955/slideshow_95547/display_image.jpg

I thought the old Seahawks jerseys and helmet were very good looking; even their new ones were *supposed* to go with white pants and didn't look so bad that way, but the "only exists in Pantone" blue from head to toe is hideous.

Don Quixote
01-09-10, 03:26 PM
Thoe only good thing about those unis is the green stripes on the shoes. Maybe PC has control over the unis as part of his deal.

TKGAngel
01-09-10, 03:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out which is more ridiculous:

1. Sanchez's UGG'ed up helmet for this week's game.

2. The Jets scheduling their Super Bowl parade (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/8900/jets-plan-super-bowl-parade-for-feb-9) already

3. Marshawn Lynch allegedly stealing $20 from a woman at a restaurant. :shakehead

dando
01-09-10, 05:41 PM
I like Rey and he should be a great middle backer some day, but he still has a tendency to get caught out of position. They don't lose that much with Jeanty on run plays and B. Johnson on pass plays. Getting Crocker and Peko back should more than offset losing Maualuga.

And now what? :( Snake bit, I tell ya, snake bit. :(

-Kevin

dando
01-09-10, 06:02 PM
NBC broadcast team == BAD (no offense to bad) :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-09-10, 06:33 PM
Expert analysis by Theismann about late game: "Donovan McNabb is going to have to play a lot better tonight than he played last week."

I would have never known, if Joe hadn't told me.

Oh by the way, they have Chad in the new super-stretchy jersey that the Giants have been wearing this year. It's horrible.

chop456
01-09-10, 06:35 PM
Does Caldwell not know where his teeth are located?

EDwardo
01-09-10, 08:36 PM
See ya later Bungles.

:rofl:

WickerBill
01-09-10, 08:40 PM
I don't know when Carson Palmer turned into Drew Bledsoe, but he did.

Since the Colts threw their previous game against the Jets, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets beat them for real next Saturday.

dando
01-09-10, 10:25 PM

That's a compliment based on what I've seen this season. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

nrc
01-10-10, 01:36 AM

Part of the reasoning for beefing up the run game was to take the pressure off Palmer. As well as the running game worked Carson should have had a banner year. Early on I tended to blame the receivers and they've certainly done their share of harm with drops, but over course of the season Palmer has run hot and cold and just generally isn't throwing very catchable balls.

I'm wondering if he's thinking about it too much. Multiple times this season we've seen him missing throws and having lots of balls dropped and then suddenly when the game is on the line he runs a seamless drive for a touchdown. He'd be 10 of 20 in the game and then be 5 of 6 on the final drive.

Ah well, it was a better season than most people expected. I just hope that they can build on it. Unfortunately they're at high risk of losing Zimmer. :\

Anyone know if there are any decent free agent place kickers available next year? :irked:

Ankf00
01-10-10, 04:26 AM
Oh by the way, they have Chad in the new super-stretchy jersey that the Giants have been wearing this year. It's horrible.

we have different jerseys? :confused:

WickerBill
01-10-10, 08:12 AM
we have different jerseys? :confused:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/12/14/monday-morning-uni-watch-45/

dando
01-10-10, 12:03 PM
Part of the reasoning for beefing up the run game was to take the pressure off Palmer. As well as the running game worked Carson should have had a banner year. Early on I tended to blame the receivers and they've certainly done their share of harm with drops, but over course of the season Palmer has run hot and cold and just generally isn't throwing very catchable balls.

I'm wondering if he's thinking about it too much. Multiple times this season we've seen him missing throws and having lots of balls dropped and then suddenly when the game is on the line he runs a seamless drive for a touchdown. He'd be 10 of 20 in the game and then be 5 of 6 on the final drive.

Ah well, it was a better season than most people expected. I just hope that they can build on it. Unfortunately they're at high risk of losing Zimmer. :\

Anyone know if there are any decent free agent place kickers available next year? :irked:

CP had one great game (Chicago) and a few great drives this season. Otherwise he was mediocre @ best. IMO, his issues are mental, but not from thinking too much...I think his mechanics are being affected mentally from the knee injury. He's just not stepping into his throws and he's developed happy feet. Yesterday was just a microcosm for the season...18 of 36 for 110 yards, a TD, a bad INT and a bad fumble. :yuck:

Graham has got to go. Bring in Nuge for a try out. Graham missed too many kicks this season and his KOs have been consistently short.

Zimm is all but gone from what I've read. :(

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-10-10, 04:56 PM
First quarter of Ravens/Pats might have been one of the more enjoyable quarters of football I've ever watched... and I really don't like Baltimore.

Ankf00
01-10-10, 05:14 PM
http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/12/14/monday-morning-uni-watch-45/

wow thats pretty bad. i watched all the NYG game son justin.tv this year so the level of fidelity to notice such a thing isn't quite there :D

EDwardo
01-10-10, 07:13 PM
First quarter of Ravens/Pats might have been one of the more enjoyable quarters of football I've ever watched... and I really don't like Baltimore.

I am in complete agreement with you on this one.

nrc
01-10-10, 07:53 PM
I am in complete agreement with you on this one.

Maybe we should simplify this. Hands up everyone who is unhappy to see the Pats out of the playoffs. :gomer:

EDwardo
01-10-10, 08:53 PM
ouch on that missed FG.

Epic defensive struggle going on though......

OT - unbelievable finish!

stroker
01-10-10, 10:35 PM
ouch on that missed FG.

Epic defensive struggle going on though......

OT - unbelievable finish!

I had a sinking feeling when they won the coin toss.... By all rights the Cards should have won on that last FG attempt. GB's D just didn't show up. Damn.

dando
01-11-10, 01:24 PM

Perhaps Rackers will be available soon. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
01-12-10, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately they're at high risk of losing Zimmer. :\

Zimm is coming back. Reportedly for a 3-year deal. :thumbup:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Zimmer-says-hes-coming-back/1dbb17ca-dbe3-4329-8d51-4629ef0f45cc

As for the schedule I heard mentioned today....@Pats, @NYJ, @Colts, @ATL, NOLA, Bolts, Fish, etc. :eek:

-Kevin