PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2009 a.k.a. Please Don't Hit Tom Brady in the Lower Leg

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

dando
10-05-09, 09:48 PM
since USC has a freshman QB, maybe you'll finally win you a rose bowl this year, for, like, what, your 6th ever? that's cute. :laugh:

Meh. @ least we're paying a non-con team like U$C unlike y'all. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-06-09, 11:11 AM
Brett Favre is the greatest player to ever lace them up.

:D

dando
10-06-09, 11:29 AM

Somewhere out there, WB is writhing in agony. :D :p It's just a darn shame the Favres don't play the Nags this season. Maybe in the Super Bowl. :gomer:

-Kevin

stroker
10-06-09, 02:28 PM

I never want to hear anyone complain about John Madden's man-love for Purple Jesus again. Whoever that tool commentator was last night was giving PJ head on national TV...

Ankf00
10-06-09, 04:00 PM
Favre == the man.

SteveH
10-06-09, 05:05 PM
I never want to hear anyone complain about John Madden's man-love for Purple Jesus again. Whoever that tool commentator was last night was giving PJ head on national TV...

after every pass :rolleyes:

chop456
10-08-09, 03:12 AM
Green, Yellow and Purple Jeebus accounts for the most-watched cable TV event evar. EVAR!!!

Vikes-Packers draws record ratings (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/06/vikings.packers.ratings.ap/index.html)

dando
10-08-09, 09:20 AM
Green, Yellow and Purple Jeebus accounts for the most-watched cable TV event evar. EVAR!!!

Vikes-Packers draws record ratings (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/10/06/vikings.packers.ratings.ap/index.html)

Further underscoring a need for an E$PN the Favre channel. Word. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-09-09, 02:06 AM
I wish Favre could play another 10 years alongside Peyton and Eli and Drew. :)

dando
10-09-09, 10:25 AM
I'm extremely disappointed Favre didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-09-09, 06:14 PM
JEEBUS PLEASE SHUT UP!!!

(yes, you got me)

dando
10-09-09, 06:27 PM
JEEBUS PLEASE SHUT UP!!!

(yes, you got me)

:p

qCZZUPLl5zI

One last dig... :)

(now if I could only find the bit where Caliendo does Madden about the Favres playing each other.... ;))

-Kevin

dando
10-11-09, 01:20 PM
Help Wanted

One long snapper, preferably with two arms, but a one-arm paper hanger may be better than the current snapper.

One place kicker that can actually kick the ball over the defensive line. A two-legged kicker would be preferable, but again, a one-legged kicker may be better than the current kicker. Is Gus the mule busy these days?

One quaterback that can read defenses and not throw stupid INTs to replace the overrated QB we currently have. Requirements are two arms, 20/20 vision and an IQ higher than jersey number.

:saywhat: :irked: :mad:

-Kevin

dando
10-11-09, 02:50 PM
Cleveland-Buffalo may actually make watching the IRL interesting. :saywhat: :yuck:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-11-09, 02:59 PM
Cleveland-Buffalo may actually make watching the IRL interesting. :saywhat: :yuck:

-Kevin

Tell me about it. Is there some sort of trophy given to the team that takes the most penalties each week? Because the Bills are playing like there is.

In other news, it's also good to see that Robert Royal still has hands of stone.

dando
10-11-09, 04:00 PM
Cardiac Cats, baby! :eek: I called it all the way. :gomer:

Game ball to Zimm. :( :thumbup:

Ray Lewis better get his wallet out. Senseless hit on the Ocho. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-11-09, 04:10 PM
Tell me about it. Is there some sort of trophy given to the team that takes the most penalties each week? Because the Bills are playing like there is.

In other news, it's also good to see that Robert Royal still has hands of stone.

Congrats. Y'all suck. :saywhat: Anderson was 2/17 for 23 yards with an INT and y'all can't win? :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-11-09, 04:23 PM
Congrats. Y'all suck. :saywhat: Anderson was 2/17 for 23 yards with an INT and y'all can't win? :shakehead

-Kevin

That was just laughably bad. Bobby April is probably going to kill Roscoe Parrish, our D was dropping like flies and Trent was just bad.

If a Sabres game went as badly as this one did, Lindy Ruff would be all fire and brimstone in the postgame presser. I wonder if Jauron will even change the inflection in his voice? There's calm and then there's "good god man, are we watching the same game?"

dando
10-11-09, 04:45 PM
That was just laughably bad. Bobby April is probably going to kill Roscoe Parrish, our D was dropping like flies and Trent was just bad.

If a Sabres game went as badly as this one did, Lindy Ruff would be all fire and brimstone in the postgame presser. I wonder if Jauron will even change the inflection in his voice? There's calm and then there's "good god man, are we watching the same game?"

I caught the boys on CBS saying Jauron was safe...somehow I don't think so. :saywhat:

-Kevin

nrc
10-11-09, 05:05 PM
Wow! :eek:

Help Wanted
One place kicker that can actually kick the ball over the defensive line. A two-legged kicker would be preferable, but again, a one-legged kicker may be better than the current kicker. Is Gus the mule busy these days?

I think Graham will be fine if he can get some consistency in the snap and hold. But yeah, they've given St. Louis plenty of opportunity to get sorted out. I guess they held out on making the switch for fear that another snapper could cause problems in both the punt and placekicking game but they've got to make a move now.

One quaterback that can read defenses and not throw stupid INTs to replace the overrated QB we currently have. Requirements are two arms, 20/20 vision and an IQ higher than jersey number.

Heck, Palmer beat the dirty birds with one hand. :D But yeah, he needs to play better to make the most of this start. Teams with the "Cardiac" nickname always get beat in the end.

Also you left out a tight end with two working hands.

I'm happy to hear the Ravens crying about officials. The Browns started it last week, too. One of the most important changes that Lewis made when he came in was to eliminate the whole "victim" mentality.

Inspired performance by the defense and some improvement on offense. Great job by Benson, especially. But again, clean up the errors and this game is 27-10.

dando
10-11-09, 05:45 PM
Heck, Palmer beat the dirty birds with one hand. :D But yeah, he needs to play better to make the most of this start. Teams with the "Cardiac" nickname always get beat in the end.

I'm happy to hear the Ravens crying about officials. The Browns started it last week, too. One of the most important changes that Lewis made when he came in was to eliminate the whole "victim" mentality.

Inspired performance by the defense and some improvement on offense. Great job by Benson, especially. But again, clean up the errors and this game is 27-10.

Perhaps b/w the Bucks and the Bengals we can cobble together one PK unit. :saywhat:

I must have missed the first 'Ryan Hamby catch' by the TEs while fixing the girls lunch. I caught the one towards the end. :saywhat: We really miss Utech & Kelly. :(

The D was flying like I've never seen before. This game was as smash mouth as the game back in '06 if not more. They boys did not flinch. :thumbup:

I'm just glad the Ocho's head wasn't in his helmet after Ray's hit. :eek:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-11-09, 07:06 PM
I caught the boys on CBS saying Jauron was safe...somehow I don't think so. :saywhat:

-Kevin

If Ralph fires Jauron, then Ralph needs to pay Jauron the $8 million left on his deal. That's the main argument in Jauron staying.

pchall
10-11-09, 07:20 PM
Wow! :eek:

Has there actually been a Bangles TE with good soft hands since Dan Ross?

WickerBill
10-11-09, 07:36 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

chop456
10-11-09, 10:46 PM

Hard to believe Orton and Benson are the same people that played for the Cubs.

dando
10-12-09, 09:42 AM

Is that a reaction to the game or those gawd awful unis the Nags wore? :yuck: :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-12-09, 10:03 AM
You didn't like the candy-striping that some of the players did?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/4005041368_c55fe3f9d8_o.jpg

dando
10-12-09, 10:08 AM
You didn't like the candy-striping that some of the players did?

:saywhat:

Helen Keller would have approved. :gomer:

-Kevin

SteveH
10-12-09, 10:35 AM
HA8ig0NYato

dando
10-16-09, 02:58 PM
$25K fine for Ray. :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-16-09, 09:44 PM
I bet that makes him feel all stabby.

dando
10-16-09, 09:46 PM
I bet that makes him feel all stabby.

I feel sorry for his dog.

</Vick>

;)

-Kevin

dando
10-18-09, 05:36 PM
Well, some sort of foosball karma, I guess. Nice D Gmen. :gomer: :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
10-18-09, 06:34 PM
NE > Tuxedos with ~5 to go in the 3rd. :eek: Srsly? Have the Titans packed up the bags completely? :shakehead From 13-3 to this...wow. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-18-09, 07:36 PM
A shade of a Super Bowl past.... :gomer: More bad football to come. :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-19-09, 08:36 AM
A shade of a Super Bowl past.... :gomer: More bad football to come. :saywhat:

-Kevin

It's the day after and I'm still speechless. Three int's, the starting QB gets hurt, penalties up the wazoo, a Norwood...the list goes on.

However, this (http://www.wben.com/Despite-Bills-Win--Fan-Billboard-Presses-For-Jauro/5470321) is hysterical. It's slightly funnier than the Thurman Thomas statue that was kidnapped and taken to Canada last week.

dando
10-19-09, 09:07 AM
It's the day after and I'm still speechless. Three int's, the starting QB gets hurt, penalties up the wazoo, a Norwood...the list goes on.

However, this (http://www.wben.com/Despite-Bills-Win--Fan-Billboard-Presses-For-Jauro/5470321) is hysterical. It's slightly funnier than the Thurman Thomas statue that was kidnapped and taken to Canada last week.

And the game winning FG that looked like it wanted to go wide right until the very end. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
10-19-09, 09:13 AM
Silly me. I forgot to mention...

http://thestartingfive.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/brett-favre.jpg

:gomer:

Vikes 6-0, baby. :D

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-20-09, 09:16 AM
hey dando, if i could say "eabod" to you on here, i would.

Neckbeard is my homey.

6-0

Gnam
10-22-09, 06:42 PM
No charges on Cable

The Napa District Attorney will not press charges against Raiders coach Tom Cable in the alleged assault of Raiders assistant Randy Hanson, the D.A. just announced.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=50143&tsp=1

Cable should offer a seminar to players on how to assault someone without being arrested or charged. It would be similar to coaching, but without all the annoying losses. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-22-09, 07:03 PM
hey dando, if i could say "eabod" to you on here, i would.

since he's at the Horseshoe so often, DIAF'ing is more feasible and likely :D

racermike
10-24-09, 01:36 PM
Ducks should crush the Huskies hope of reaching a .500 record.

Second half of day would like to see Oregon St give USC a good game.

G.
10-25-09, 05:27 PM
Amber Alert issued for the Chicago Bears.:yuck:

Don Quixote
10-25-09, 05:48 PM
Amber Alert issued for the Chicago Bears.:yuck:

How's that Jay Cutler thing working out? :D

WickerBill
10-25-09, 07:34 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g5-bZ38yOUE/Sdv4JDVk6iI/AAAAAAAAB8Q/hmxM-yZePQc/s400/cutler.jpg

dando
10-25-09, 09:30 PM
Duh Bears. :laugh: :D :p

Where's the Favre love? :gomer:

-Kevin

SteveH
10-25-09, 09:34 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/purplegee.jpg

stroker
10-26-09, 12:37 AM
Duh Bears. :laugh: :D :p

Where's the Favre love? :gomer:

-Kevin

It was only a matter of time. The only question is whether it'll happen at a critical point of the season, like when the playoffs are on the line...

G.
10-26-09, 10:26 AM
How's that Jay Cutler thing working out? :D
Chicago has a long tradition of top QBacks finishing out their careers at the Bears.

(I know, but Orton was never a "top" QBack)

dando
10-26-09, 11:29 AM
Chicago has a long tradition of top QBacks finishing out their careers at the Bears.

Whether they liked it or not. :gomer:

Quite the storied history of quarterbacks for Duh Bears:

http://www.bearshistory.com/lore/chicagobearsquarterbacks.aspx

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-26-09, 12:44 PM
Chicago has a long tradition of top QBacks finishing out their careers at the Bears. My prediction, next up for the arrogant crybaby will be some brush with the law or a mysterious off field injury. :)

Edit: Just saw that they rewarded his stellar play with a contract extension. Nice. :laugh:

chop456
10-27-09, 02:09 AM
Edit: Just saw that they rewarded his stellar play with a contract extension. Nice. :laugh:
To be fair, that was before Sunday's game. :D

Don Quixote
10-27-09, 08:08 AM
To be fair, that was before Sunday's game. :DYeah, they usually play worse after they get that contract. :D

Gnam
10-30-09, 02:25 PM
0-6? Who you gonna call?

Vince Young.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/30/sports/football/30nfl.html

dando
10-30-09, 03:26 PM
0-6? Who you gonna call?

Vince Young.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/30/sports/football/30nfl.html

They're hoping he can score more points than his Wonderlic Test score. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-30-09, 04:14 PM
They're hoping he can score more points than his Wonderlic Test score. :gomer:

-Kevin

so you're saying he was an automatic-admit at tOSU and still came to Texas?

lucky us.

dando
10-30-09, 04:40 PM
so you're saying he was an automatic-admit at tOSU and still came to Texas?

lucky us.

The Wonderlich has nothing to do with college entrance and you know that. Now whether he had some goober take his ACT/SAT for him ala Rose in Memphis.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-30-09, 06:35 PM
when'd tOSU start requiring SAT scores? pretty soon you'll catch up to Oklahoma!

WickerBill
10-31-09, 09:46 AM
NFL thread...

Don Quixote
10-31-09, 10:57 AM
I vote to ban both of them. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-31-09, 05:13 PM
Eli > *

racermike
11-01-09, 01:20 AM
I think the Seahawks can play a good game against the Cowboys today, but I have the alcohol on ice and standing by, in case I need to start drinking
:\

Ankf00
11-01-09, 07:07 PM
Eli > *

* > Eli

I miss Spag :(

dando
11-01-09, 07:16 PM
NFL thread...

Sorry chief...

http://trueslant.com/donovan/files/2009/08/favre_vikes.jpg

Sorry about yer Nags, too. :p

-Kevin

dando
11-01-09, 07:17 PM
* > Eli

I miss Spag :(

So the Iggles lose to da Raiderz and then thrash the G-men.... :confused: :laugh: :p

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-01-09, 07:41 PM
That's coaching, pure and simple -- the Eagles always have a game or two per year where they just completely overlook their opponent.

Yeah, Denver had that coming, didn't they? S'ok, they have exactly twice as many wins as I thought they'd have for the entire season already.

TKGAngel
11-01-09, 07:49 PM
Jairus Byrd and his six interceptions in the past three weeks....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The rest of the team....:irked:

nrc
11-01-09, 07:55 PM
Sorry about yer Nags, too. :p

-Kevin

Seriously. It would have been nice to have the Ravens another game back. Hopefully they can come back and beat that Steelers next week.

dando
11-01-09, 08:47 PM
Seriously. It would have been nice to have the Ravens another game back. Hopefully they can come back and beat that Steelers next week.

No doubt. I'll take a split the next two weeks, headed into the easiest part of the schedule (Raiderz, Clowns, Lionz). From 6-3 to 9-3 would put us in a nice position.

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-01-09, 10:43 PM

Obviously, the Broncos just have something against the Bengals.

nrc
11-02-09, 02:06 AM
No doubt. I'll take a split the next two weeks, headed into the easiest part of the schedule (Raiderz, Clowns, Lionz). From 6-3 to 9-3 would put us in a nice position.

-Kevin

That's true. But that's also the kind of thinking that can leave them 8-8 and wondering what happened. I'll count 'em when the clock hits 00:00.

dando
11-02-09, 10:14 AM
That's true. But that's also the kind of thinking that can leave them 8-8 and wondering what happened. I'll count 'em when the clock hits 00:00.

Doubter. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

dando
11-08-09, 03:29 PM
Who. Dey. Respect, yo.

-Kevin

nrc
11-08-09, 07:30 PM
Count it. :)

Not sure if I should cheer for the Broncos to beat the Steelers tomorrow, put them back a game, and have them playing next week angry and desperate or to hope for the Steelers to win and come in feeling over-confident.

Shame about Henry, still lots of stuff to work on from the second half. Great to see him trying to make YAK but Ocho gotta holdo onto the ballo.

stroker
11-08-09, 07:51 PM
There's some sort of cosmic connection between Missouri and Green Bay this year. The Tiggers lose to Baylor yesterday and the Packers lose to Tampa Bay.

I can't stand it.

WickerBill
11-08-09, 07:54 PM
Count it. :)

Not sure if I should cheer for the Broncos to beat the Steelers tomorrow, put them back a game, and have them playing next week angry and desperate or to hope for the Steelers to win and come in feeling over-confident.

cheer for Denver to pound them and wear them out. Short week then before getting ready for Bengals.

nrc
11-08-09, 08:39 PM
cheer for Denver to pound them and wear them out. Short week then before getting ready for Bengals.

Ok, I'll go with that. But if it doesn't work out I'm blaming you. :gomer:

Don Quixote
11-08-09, 10:15 PM
I'm thinking the Broncos don't match up too well against the Steelers, But that is through the lense of a hater. :D

WickerBill
11-08-09, 10:43 PM
sucks that Denver keeps getting good teams after their bye week.

nrc
11-08-09, 10:59 PM
sucks that Denver keeps getting good teams after their bye week.

Heh. Two weeks to game plan. Broncos better figure out what Baltimore did to beat them because you know the Steelers will.

dando
11-09-09, 09:38 AM
Heh. Two weeks to game plan. Broncos better figure out what Baltimore did to beat them because you know the Steelers will.

The key to that game was the Broncos inability to run the ball, which made them one dimensional and neck beard wasn't very good as a result.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-09-09, 04:29 PM
The Giants almost suck as bad as the Browns.

wtf.

:mad:

dando
11-10-09, 12:51 AM
Welcome to reality Nags fans. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

chop456
11-10-09, 02:00 AM
Orton is who we thought he was.

Ankf00
11-10-09, 02:19 AM
Orton is who we thought he was.

Cedric isn't :D

chop456
11-10-09, 02:34 AM
Cedric isn't :D

He's settled in with a felon-friendly organization now. Much happier and more productive.

WickerBill
11-10-09, 09:22 AM
No big crime losing to the Ravens and Steelers, I don't think. Still thought they were good for 3 wins this season, and they're 6-2.

Wish they could run the ball.

Ankf00
11-10-09, 02:04 PM
He's settled in with a felon-friendly organization now. Much happier and more productive.

:laugh:

dando
11-10-09, 09:59 PM
Plaxico :laugh:

Fixed. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
11-10-09, 10:03 PM

They didn't look very worn out. :irked:

Wouldn't it be just typical if the Bengals ended up at home in January because of one fluke tipped pass back in September.

Ankf00
11-11-09, 04:10 AM
Fixed. :gomer:

-Kevin

Super Bowl Ring.

keep dreaming, one day...

WickerBill
11-11-09, 09:28 AM
They didn't look very worn out. :irked:

Wouldn't it be just typical if the Bengals ended up at home in January because of one fluke tipped pass back in September.

I think it's more likely they'll end up playing in wild-card weekend instead of having a bye, but I suppose there's still a lot of football to be played.

Don Quixote
11-13-09, 12:17 AM
Cutler. 5 int's. None of them were his fault. :laugh: :laugh:

Ankf00
11-13-09, 01:01 AM
:rofl:

During the game, an errant mic picked up random audio from the pocket area of the field, post-interception: "Don't you know who I am, bro?"

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/dpierce37/douchebags-1.jpg

chop456
11-13-09, 02:10 AM
And here's one for you, and you, and you. And you and you, too.

Still think he's better than Orton. Orton didn't have to overcome the defense's ineptitude. Quite the opposite.

Don Quixote
11-13-09, 09:00 AM
Besides being better than Orton, he is also great for team chemistry, as we all know how much receivers and O-lineman love to be blamed for their QB's bad play. Cutler is most likely a SWBro in Ank's diagram above. Please Bears, I am begging you to make a play for TO! :trainwreck: :rofl:

nrc
11-13-09, 08:07 PM
I kind of figured that the NFL wouldn't find this gag particularly funny...

According to Joe Reedy of The Cincinnati Enquirer, the NFL has fined wide receiver Chad Ochocinco $20,000 for last Sunday's gag when he offered an official a dollar bill while the crew reviewed one of his catches. The catch got overturned, the fine probably won't. Not exactly fixing the 1919 World Series, but $20,000 could have got the whole White Sox infield.

Don Quixote
11-14-09, 10:41 AM
No Fun League.

dando
11-14-09, 10:59 AM
I kind of figured that the NFL wouldn't find this gag particularly funny...

Yeah, considering what the NBA just went through, this gag stepped across the line a tad.

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-14-09, 12:21 PM
Oh come on. It's Ochocinco, it's ONE DOLLAR, and he absolutely knew he was on camera. The appearance of impropriety? Didn't a head coach just wear a rival team's uniform in public a month ago?

It's satire, you ignorant buffoons. Even kids know that bribes don't happen for one dollar and don't happen on the field of play. Gahhh. Chad's just got a giant target on his back. If this was worth $20,000, Fisher should have been fined $100,000 or more. Anyone who is stupid enough to believe Chad Ochocinco was serious must also believe that Jeff Fisher is secretly throwing games to help the Colts.

I'm no Bengals fan, but it's really outrageous to me.