View Full Version : The chin returns...

opinionated ow
07-29-09, 01:30 PM
...in place of Massa.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418
Discuss

Boatdesigner
07-29-09, 01:37 PM
I imagine this will put some butts in seats for the next race, Bernie should be happy. I am curious to see if he can get the Ferrari bucket up to speed.

Elmo T
07-29-09, 01:38 PM
Wow... Though I will wait to see if that really pans out.

Wheel-Nut
07-29-09, 01:57 PM
If Lance can do it why not Michael . . . .

Andrew Longman
07-29-09, 02:16 PM
I like it but it has a Favre quality to it

TrueBrit
07-29-09, 02:31 PM
YES!!!! The pointy-chinned, dirty, chopping bastard is coming back!!!

Oh happy day!!!!

:D

oddlycalm
07-29-09, 02:49 PM
Looks like Willi Weber's crystal ball needs to go to the shop for a tune up...:laugh:

oc

dando
07-29-09, 03:26 PM

Oh happy day!!!!

Somehow I knew you'd be happy. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

Hard Driver
07-29-09, 03:43 PM
I hope the force india cars beat him.

NismoZ
07-29-09, 04:04 PM
Yeah, he said he "needs a few days to get into racing shape" for F-1. Geez, I thought that'd be difficult!;)

Sean Malone
07-29-09, 04:10 PM
I have a felling he'll probably give as respectible showing. I predict Kimi will finish ahead but Shumy will finish in the top 6.

TrueBrit
07-29-09, 04:15 PM
I have a felling he'll probably give as respectible showing. I predict Kimi will finish ahead but Shumy will finish in the top 6.

Only if he chops his way there....dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard that he is..;)

Sean Malone
07-29-09, 04:18 PM
Only if he chops his way there....dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard that he is..;)

LOL!! I predict at least 2 chops. :D

TrueBrit
07-29-09, 04:21 PM
File it under "The Ego has landed"....

Nothing to gain and everything to lose...except for the bit about being a dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard..that won't EVER change....:D

stroker
07-29-09, 04:25 PM
Don't forget, he hasn't raced against Lewis "The Chosen One" Hamilton yet...

I predict Turn One suckage.

mueber
07-29-09, 04:37 PM
Good for him. I hope he has a good time.

My guess is that it is a sneaky attempt to get me to resubscribe to cable.

grungex
07-29-09, 05:32 PM

Don't hold back, mate, tell us how you really feel... :p

Fio1
07-29-09, 06:33 PM
At least now Hamilton will get to race against Schummy! ;)

To be honest, I don't know why he would come back. He proved everything he needed to prove in F1. What's the point? All he's going to do is put his life in danger and tarnish his reputation. It's not like he could do any better then Kimi. :confused: Stay retired, and enjoy your family. If you want a challenge; develop a Le Mans prototype for Ferrari.

Ferrari should have put a young charger in the car or give Badoer the opportunity he deserved. Kimi is going to get p*ssed and unmotivated with schummy on the team. He'll be faster, but no where near a win like last weekend. Schummy is going to be slow and take 3-weekends to get close to Kimi's pace. Fernando Alonso will question signing with Ferrari as well. And, Ferrari will take two steps backwards. I think Ferrari needs to start looking forward and not backwards. :thumdown: What's the matter, Nigel Mansell wasn't available? What about Patrick Tambay? Come on, man....

gjc2
07-29-09, 06:48 PM
He’ll either embarrass himself or embarrass everyone else.

stroker
07-29-09, 07:50 PM
To be honest, I don't know why he would come back. He proved everything he needed to prove in F1. What's the point? All he's going to do is put his life in danger and tarnish his reputation. It's not like he could do any better then Kimi. :confused: Stay retired, and enjoy your family. If you want a challenge; develop a Le Mans prototype for Ferrari.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance (virtual certainty) M$chu has driven the current car at some point, but it might be interesting if he hasn't. What if he gets out of the car after first practice and says something along the lines of "We need to forget this thing and start working on next year's car..."?

Rogue Leader
07-29-09, 07:57 PM
I for one am looking forward to it. You know the car kind of sucks, and no matter how good he was he probably won't put it on pole immediately, so we will get to see him fight through the field. Or he will just languish in the back but I highly doubt that.

And I'm looking forward to his inevitable tangle with Jesus Hamilton....

nissan gtp
07-29-09, 08:59 PM

Oh happy day!!!!

:rofl:

shaggy_socal
07-29-09, 09:22 PM
Given Ferrari's current situation, Schumy's the best short term choice while they wait on Massa's recovery.

If it turns out over the off season that Massa will not be able to return, then look for Ferrari to hire a long term replacement like Badoer.

As for Schumy... having nothing left to prove in F1 may be a benefit for Ferrari.

He'll give good feedback on the car which should help Ferrari for 2010 and, IMO, he'll get the most out of what he's given, and since he's not out to prove anything, he'll still bring the car home in one piece where a rookie or hard charger might rack up some unneccessary car damage over the last six races.

Plus it'll be a good PR shot in the arm for F1. I'd expect Schumy's presence will help boost ticket sales and TV numbers.

Rogue Leader
07-29-09, 09:47 PM

If it turns out over the off season that Massa will not be able to return, then look for Ferrari to hire a long term replacement like Badoer.

Badoer has no chance at a race seat again. He knows that, and they have made that clear.

Badger
07-29-09, 09:55 PM
He’ll either embarrass himself or embarrass everyone else.

I'm thinking he won't embarass himself. If they allowed testing, I'd say he'd be one of the top 3 drivers on the grid. Only the lack of testing makes me wonder if he'll fall below that.

IlliniRacer
07-29-09, 11:23 PM
Was Danicle not available? At least they got the second best driver in the world ;)

Winston Wolfe
07-30-09, 12:39 AM

Oh happy day!!!!

I love it.... it took just the 6th post to get TB back into the swing.
I'm with those who think the p-c,d,cb aint gonna beat Kimi, is only risking his reputation (as a p-c, d, cb) and will learn that this year's car, is in fact, a sled... He's got everything to lose, and nothing to gain, or prove.
Now that Jesus Hamilton can race against him, he can fullfill another one of his boyhood dreams of beating Schuey in real life, rather than just in the video games.
Ferrari needs to pay the dough, get Fred, and be done with this season...

Gnam
07-30-09, 01:56 AM
To welcome Michael back, the FiA has already penalized McLaren 10 pts. :gomer::p;)

Schumi Psyched for Experience of Lifetime
Maranello, Italy

Due to the unprecedented economic downturn of recent months and the corresponding pressure put on the budgets of sponsors and manufacturers, motorsports teams around the world have been forced to adapt and overcome or fade away.

In an effort to keep the lights on and hair gel flowing, Ciao!, Ferrari proudly announces its new F1 Legends experience. For a small fee, qualified former F1 drivers can relive their past glory in the comfort of a midpack red racing machine. A typical package includes:

* (10) Morning Practice laps
* (3) Q1 laps
* Parade lap
* 1st stint (11 laps or 11 min)
* pit stop (simulated)
* honorable retirement (mech)
* team t-shirt (50 euro value)
* (3) Friday GA tickets

Ferrari reports interest in the program is high but refused to name names, saying only that the program is not open to everyone.

"I don't care how many demo CDs he sends," an unidentified racing director screamed into a pay phone.
"No *#$%ing way!"

grungex
07-30-09, 02:57 AM
To welcome Michael back, the FiA has already penalized McLaren 10 pts.

Sadly, I actually believed you...

Indy
07-30-09, 09:10 AM
I have to admit that Massa's driving and Luca's anti-Max posturing had made me feel almost, well, not hateful toward Ferrari.

Now I can put that silliness to rest.

cameraman
07-30-09, 03:13 PM
To welcome Michael back, the FiA has already penalized McLaren 10 pts.

You do realize that I had to read that a couple times before figuring out that you were joking about the 10 points:flame:

Which speaks volumes about the FIA:shakehead

patski
07-30-09, 09:09 PM
I for one am looking forward to it. You know the car kind of sucks, and no matter how good he was he probably won't put it on pole immediately, so we will get to see him fight through the field. Or he will just languish in the back but I highly doubt that.

And I'm looking forward to his inevitable tangle with Jesus Hamilton....

Agreed!

Insomniac
07-31-09, 12:09 AM
I'm excited to see him run against Hamilton. At least last weekend the cars were pretty close. Plus, how does the team dynamic change. Does Kimi become a true #2? All resources behind Schumacher? Who will be faster?