PDA

View Full Version : British Airways News (3 items)

TravelGal
07-23-09, 12:07 PM
Three things struck me today, especially #3 because I know we have some posters who work for big companies and some who are great writers (not mutually exclusive, of course).

1) Anyone who flew BA or Virgin between 2004 and 2006 is elegible for a partial refund of their taxes. It only amounts to 2-6 British pounds per fight but if you flew a lot, it could make it worthwhile to fill out the paperwork.

2) The UK is asking businesses to cut flights by 20% by 2014 to reduce carbon emissions.

3) On the other hand, BA has one whale of a writing contest to describe in an essay of any length "what you could accomplish if you had the chance to have meetings abroad." It is called the "Face Of Opportunity" and the prizes consist of 1,000 free BA tickets in business class to wherever BA flies. You can leave from either New York in mid-September, Chicago in mid-November or Los Angeles in mid-October. Go to
Go to <http://opportunity.ba.com/contest> Entires accepted up until July 31. Not much time but I just saw this today.

BA is looking for the brightest entrepreneurial minds in the US. They are dedicating three entire planes, flying from New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles. Plus, you have access to a forum of business leaders & peers before taking off to your own meetings - wherever they may be. A send off event from each city followed by London networking opportunities and insights on growing your business internationally from top business leaders and government officials. Finally, continue on your own path, to wherever British Airways flies, to have the meetings you need to move your business forward. The return date is open.

TrueBrit
07-23-09, 04:07 PM
Where do I get the paperwork? I flew both airlines twice in that timeframe...

cameraman
07-23-09, 04:16 PM
https://www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk/

chop456
07-24-09, 06:32 AM
Where do I get the paperwork? I flew both airlines twice in that timeframe...

Will the proceeds to your wife and kids. People who registered 2 years ago are just starting to get their cash.

Andrew Longman
07-24-09, 11:06 AM
Brits took over my company. I lost my job.They are now bankruupt.

Well...