PDA

View Full Version : Live streaming qualifying

SurfaceUnits
07-17-09, 11:09 AM
Sportscar fans watched hours of live online streaming during the 24 Hours of Le Mans on SPEEDtv.com and now the feature returns on Friday, July 17th, at 3:30PM ET as ALMS teams qualify for Saturday's race.

Follow all of the action online Friday with audio commentary from Radio Show Limited’s John Hindhaugh and live video coverage of the prototype and GT qualifying sessions.

Visit http://almsmichelin.globalmediaservices.tv to see the Connecticut-based Acura LMP1 Highcroft Racing and Farnbacher Loles Porsche GT2 teams try to capture pole in front of their families and sponsors. The Patron Highcroft team won the thrilling 2008 race after a late pass by made by Le Mans winner David Brabham also gave Acura their first overall victory in the series.

Easy
07-17-09, 09:40 PM
24 entries, 5 of which are GT3 spec field fillers. I really wish this series could thrive and provide more jobs for drivers, engineers, mecs, tire techs, dags, truckees, etc.. I hope Atherton can salvage it. I don't dislike Grand Am but it would be a travesty in my eyes if DPs were the loftiest spec for prototype sports car racing in North America.

I was thinking to myself yesterday at Road Am that despite the hobbyist drivers (The Williams FW-19 would have just barely taken pole for a Formula Continental race) how nice it was to enjoy great cars and a great track without the nasty backdrop of car counts, split series and all the other BS that seems to be at the forefront of professional road racing. It reminded me of why we fall in love with this sport and continue to care even through all of its shortcomings.

FCYTravis
07-18-09, 01:54 PM
Going to two classes for 2010 would be a big step in the right direction.

And boooo, no live streaming for the race... no SPEED here :/

extramundane
07-18-09, 03:27 PM
Going to two classes for 2010 would be a big step in the right direction.

And boooo, no live streaming for the race... no SPEED here :/

There's this, but it's just in-cars from the 3 Acuras.http://almsacura.globalmediaservices.tv/

FCYTravis
07-18-09, 06:43 PM

Justin.tv also had it going.

NismoZ
07-19-09, 01:32 PM
So, I guess that "separation" thing they were looking for between P1 an P2 has worked out. 12 laps? That's just about right, I think.:rolleyes: Good ol' Lime Rock, 1.5 mi. and they had to put in even MORE chicanes. That race reminded me of days when Corvettes and Cobras might be on the track at the same time as Sprites and Triumphs!