PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre MotoGP qualifying session - Laguna Seca

oddlycalm
07-05-09, 12:59 AM
Hayden - "A lot of guys were crashing and there were yellow flags everywhere.... I don't remember a dry qualifying session with so much carnage at the end"

We don't normally get to see quals, so it was nice for a change and we got to witness the most bizarre qualifying session I can recall. Two of the top 3 qualifiers, Stoner and Lorenzo crashed out with horid body slamming high sides after setting their fast laps. :eek: Lorenzo had already crashed earlier in the session. Stoner seems OK but Lorenzo is questionable for the race with a separated shoulder and broken toe after taking pole.

oc

trish
07-05-09, 07:14 AM
What time is the race?

TedN
07-05-09, 11:12 AM
TV schedule here (http://www.racefantv.com/)

Ted

trish
07-05-09, 11:43 AM
thanks

The Doctor
07-05-09, 05:01 PM
Let's do this. Go Vale, Go Nicky!

trish
07-05-09, 05:45 PM
Good race.

RusH
07-05-09, 07:01 PM
Good one, the Doctor just needed one more lap.

stroker
07-05-09, 07:55 PM
I couldn't watch it because my local Fox affiliate decided to go with paid programming.

:flame:

The Doctor
07-06-09, 12:32 AM
Good one, the Doctor just needed one more lap.

Not really, Pedrosa just needs to go back and re-learn math, and then re-engage his brain for the last lap. He never should have slowed down that much. Why would you slow down at all if Rossi.... let me rephrase that.... VALENTINO ROSSI, 8-TIME WORLD CHAMPION, OWNER OF 100 WINS... is only 1.7 seconds behind you with one lap to go. Beyond stupid. Keep your head down, son, and keep going. Don't give him any chance.

RusH
07-06-09, 08:04 PM
Not really, Pedrosa just needs to go back and re-learn math, and then re-engage his brain for the last lap. He never should have slowed down that much. Why would you slow down at all if Rossi.... let me rephrase that.... VALENTINO ROSSI, 8-TIME WORLD CHAMPION, OWNER OF 100 WINS... is only 1.7 seconds behind you with one lap to go. Beyond stupid. Keep your head down, son, and keep going. Don't give him any chance.

Yes..good assessment. The kid just slacks off in the end.

It does make for a good show though.

Hard Driver
07-06-09, 10:34 PM
Good race. In HD too....

Lorenzo is an Iron Man to ride like that after the nasty crash he had in qualifying.