PDA

View Full Version : Steve McNair Dead

RusH
07-04-09, 06:23 PM
Maybe we should start from scratch and get all new celebrities.

trish
07-04-09, 06:37 PM
I don't know who he is.

RusH
07-04-09, 06:55 PM
skip to the final play ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXIV

The final play
Main article: Final play of Super Bowl XXXIV

The Titans had just used their final timeout with six seconds remaining. With no more timeouts remaining and the ball on the Rams' 10 yard line, the Titans, trailing by a touchdown, had one last chance to try to tie the game. The plan was to use Titans tight end Frank Wycheck, who would be running straight up the field on the right side, to lure Jones away from Dyson, who would slant left through the middle of the field. With Jones occupying Wycheck, quarterback Steve McNair would pass the ball to Dyson, who would be open from about five yards out for the score.

nrc
07-04-09, 07:45 PM
Wow. :(

Napoleon
07-04-09, 08:02 PM
RIP

I actually saw him play in one of his very last collage games (and it may have been his last) against my undergraduate university, Youngstown State University in Youngstown. He was at Alcorn State and had just had one of the most historic years of any college quarterback, but my Penguins, coached by Jim Tressel (now Ohio State's coach), destroyed them 63 - 21. It was sweet. Regardless, he was just fantastic that day.

trish
07-05-09, 07:08 AM
From the beginning, I've wondered if this was a murder suicide. As more details come out I grow more suspicious that it is.

Andrew Longman
07-05-09, 09:12 AM
From the beginning, I've wondered if this was a murder suicide. As more details come out I grow more suspicious that it is.

I don't think so. McNair had multiple shot to the body (according to may morning paper) and a shot to the head.

She was busted with him a few days ago for DUI. She refused a Breathalyzer because she said she was not drunk but high.

I'm thinking drug buy gone bad.

dando
07-05-09, 10:56 AM
I don't think so. McNair had multiple shot to the body (according to may morning paper) and a shot to the head.

She was busted with him a few days ago for DUI. She refused a Breathalyzer because she said she was not drunk but high.

I'm thinking drug buy gone bad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/04/2009-07-04_former_nfl_quarterback_steve_mcnair_found_shot_ dead_in_nashville_report.html

Not based on this info....

Former NFL star quarterback Steve McNair was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds in a Nashville condominium Saturday - and authorities hinted he was murdered by a girlfriend who then turned the gun on herself.

Cops discovered McNair's bullet-riddled body slumped on a sofa inside his rented condo's blood-spattered living room, authorities said.

A woman McNair was reportedly dating, identified as Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found dead only a few feet away with a single bullet wound to the head. A gun was lying nearby, Nashville police said.

-Kevin

cameraman
07-05-09, 12:24 PM
I don't think so.

Reverse the polarity of your view of the murder/suicide concept...

TKGAngel
07-05-09, 12:32 PM
Let me see if I have this straight. McNair had a wife and four kiddos. And a girlfriend with whom he had an apartment and a car lease? Something's really rotten in the state of Tennessee if this is the case.

KLang
07-05-09, 03:25 PM
A twenty year old from Dave and Busters.... :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for the family. Not so much for him if the stories are correct.

trish
07-05-09, 03:37 PM
Let me see if I have this straight. McNair had a wife and four kiddos. And a girlfriend with whom he had an apartment and a car lease? Something's really rotten in the state of Tennessee if this is the case.He had a wife and two kids, and two kids, and a girlfriend. The apartment was owned/leased with the friend who found his body. He probably had his name on the car he bought for the girl so that he could taketh away what he gaveth when he tired of her.

Ankf00
07-06-09, 06:35 PM
an athlete with a side piece?

stop the presses.

Gnam
07-06-09, 07:16 PM
I could understand the wife or the ex-boyfriend taking them out. But her as the killer is harder to see. Wouldn't exposing the affair to his wife and dating his best friend be better revenge?

I'm sure it'll all get sorted out on CSI or Law & Order next fall.

trish
07-06-09, 07:20 PM
You're assuming his best friend was interested. And telling the wife doesn't guarantee she divorces him.

Whoever did this, McNair was obviously the target because of the amount of times he was shot. Somebody was very angry at him.

Gnam
07-06-09, 07:42 PM
...maybe that's what the CIA wants you to think. ;)

Napoleon
07-06-09, 08:36 PM
Well on evening news they say the girlfriend bought the gun that was found in the room last Thursday.

trish
07-06-09, 08:44 PM
Well on evening news they say the girlfriend bought the gun that was found in the room last Thursday.

Payback for jumping in the cab as she was arrested?

TKGAngel
07-06-09, 09:17 PM
an athlete with a side piece? stop the presses.

I am well aware that athletes do engage in some extracurricular activities, but in this case, most of the articles have described McNair as the pillar of society, the most-unlikely-to-have-a-chippie-on-the-side, etc.

Payback for jumping in the cab as she was arrested?

Or maybe she realized he wasn't going to divorce the missus and marry her, like she was telling her friends he was going to do.

nrc
07-08-09, 06:45 PM
Police: McNair shot dead in sleep by girlfriend (http://apnews.myway.com//article/20090708/D99AHAI04.html)

"I tol' you that bitch crazy."

trish
07-08-09, 06:54 PM
What a way to go. Devastate your entire family.

JLMannin
07-10-09, 03:53 PM
Didn't the girlfriend get upset because there was ANOTHER girlfriend on the side? That makes a lot of sense - get PO'd because your man, who is in a relationship with you because he cheats on his woman, cheats on you too . . . . . . It's not like it was a secret to her that he cheats on women he is in a committed relationship with . . . . . .

Sean Malone
07-10-09, 04:00 PM
20 years old...involved with a 37 year old retired NFL star who is married, admittedly a drug user and had access to a hand gun. And I thought I was a wild one when I was 20.:shakehead

Ankf00
07-10-09, 11:06 PM
I am well aware that athletes do engage in some extracurricular activities, but in this case, most of the articles have described McNair as the pillar of society, the most-unlikely-to-have-a-chippie-on-the-side, etc.

everone has issues, the degree to which is not the same obviously. just b/c he's a philanderer doesn't mean he didn't pour hours and hours into children's community programs during his career & retirement.