PDA

View Full Version : Racing in Monaco on Versus...

cameraman
07-04-09, 11:35 AM
Bicycle racing that is. Even the bicycles are having a hard time with the tight corners. Locked rear wheel skidding towards the steel barrier:eek:

Meh I'm going to see more of IRL racing watching these commercials over the next month than I have seen since the stupid series started.

Having the race in HD is cool too.

I love that the TV cameras following the bikes through the tunnel are using the equipment installed for F1 coverage. First time we have seen the bikes inside a tunnel. No chicane at the bottom of the hill though.

No sign of the Saab sponsorship that has been so prominent in years past:shakehead
Ahh, now it is the Cadillac sweepstakes. Same software, just a global saab -> cadillac search & replace:rolleyes:

opinionated ow
07-04-09, 12:06 PM
Bicycle racing that is. Even the bicycles are having a hard time with the tight corners. Locked rear wheel skidding towards the steel barrier:eek:

Meh I'm going to see more of IRL racing watching these commercials over the next month than I have seen since the stupid series started.

Having the race in HD is cool too.

I love that the TV cameras following the bikes through the tunnel are using the equipment installed for F1 coverage. First time we have seen the bikes inside a tunnel. No chicane at the bottom of the hill though.

No sign of the Saab sponsorship that has been so prominent in years past:shakehead
Ahh, now it is the Cadillac sweepstakes. Same software, just a global saab -> cadillac search & replace:rolleyes:

Saab for the tour? Try Skoda...

cameraman
07-04-09, 12:15 PM
I was talking about one of the primary sponsors of the US television broadcast. You don't see too many Skoda ads in the US seeing as how they don't sell cars in North America.

RusH
07-04-09, 12:33 PM
Lance, the Brett Favre of bike racing? :p

cameraman
07-04-09, 12:43 PM
More important to those of us in the intermountain west is Dave Zabriskie & Levi Leipheimer rode very well today.

IlliniRacer
07-04-09, 08:12 PM
More important to those of us in the intermountain west is Dave Zabriskie & Levi Leipheimer rode very well today.

As did CVV, for all of us flatlanders.

oddlycalm
07-05-09, 12:36 AM

Indeed. Sorry to see Chris Horner hasn't been rehab from his crash in time for the Tour. :(

The extensive HD aerial footage around Monaco really was spectacular. :thumbup:

oc

opinionated ow
07-05-09, 02:07 AM
I was talking about one of the primary sponsors of the US television broadcast. You don't see too many Skoda ads in the US seeing as how they don't sell cars in North America.

OK. I missed the first stage so I assumed you meant on the actual footage.

oddlycalm
07-06-09, 04:41 PM
Cavendish is on a roll again. Since Team Columbia is Portland sponsored the race has gotten more local attention with the half dozen stage wins Cavendish has delivered.

oc

Michaelhatesfans
07-06-09, 06:32 PM
Since Team Columbia is Portland sponsored the race has gotten more local attention...

And in the proud local tradition, if Cavendish starts to get outpaced he could always have someone kneecap his biggest rival.

Sorry, I had to:)

opinionated ow
07-07-09, 11:11 AM
Anyone else notice the naked guy?

oddlycalm
07-07-09, 03:17 PM
And in the proud local tradition, if Cavendish starts to get outpaced he could always have someone kneecap his biggest rival.
Could be challenge to infiltrate an obese douche bag into the Euro crowd. Maybe Hawaiian lawyers...?

oc

oddlycalm
07-26-09, 08:23 PM
OK, Tour complete. The HD video gets a big :thumbup:

Bit of an unusual tour this year, but it's four in a row for Spain. My vote for the Big Cringe moment (of many) was Jens Voigt's high speed face plant. Glad the damage turned out to be relatively minor.

oc