PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Bernie

Corner5
07-04-09, 10:22 AM
Time to go, Bernie has officially lost it,

Bizarre interview-

F1's Ecclestone criticized after Hitler comments
1 hour ago
LONDON (AP) — Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone faced criticism from politicians and Jewish groups Saturday after being quoted as saying that Adolf Hitler "got things done."
In an interview with London's The Times newspaper, Ecclestone expressed a preference for "strong leaders," citing former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and Max Mosley, outgoing head of Formula One's governing body, as examples.
He was quoted as saying that democracy "hasn't done a lot of good for many countries — including this one."
"In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people, able to get things done," Ecclestone was quoted as saying.
"In the end he got lost, so he wasn't a very good dictator."
Ecclestone also said the West had been wrong to depose Iraq's Sadam Hussein, saying: "He was the only one who could control that country."
The Board of Deputies of British Jews told The Times that Ecclestone's views were "quite bizarre," and Jewish Chronicle editor Stephen Pollard said he was "either an idiot or morally repulsive." Labour Party lawmaker Denis MacShane told the newspaper that the remarks revealed ignorance of history and "a complete lack of judgment."
Calls to Ecclestone's London office were not immediately returned Saturday.
Ecclestone, who owns F1's commercial rights, is no stranger to controversial remarks. He once said women should dress in white "like all other domestic appliances."
In The Times interview, Ecclestone said that had been a joke, adding "I would love to have a good lady race driver and preferably black and Jewish too, but they might take maternity leave."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j86Zc_I5pMVZEbQKDMNPD4nzprswD997L4P00

Indy
07-04-09, 10:27 AM
In The Times interview, Ecclestone said that had been a joke, adding "I would love to have a good lady race driver and preferably black and Jewish too, but they might take maternity leave."

:laugh:

Hameroids
07-04-09, 11:07 AM
Bernie is right. Many of the greatest leaders in world history authorized or ordered terrible things, but the fact remains they could lead people and get stuff done. Slavery got the pyramids built too. If you're looking for a reason to be "outraged" it's always easy to find one.

Corner5
07-04-09, 11:52 AM
Bernie is right. Many of the greatest leaders in world history authorized or ordered terrible things, but the fact remains they could lead people and get stuff done. Slavery got the pyramids built too. If you're looking for a reason to be "outraged" it's always easy to find one.

Not according to NatGeo-

Who Built the Pyramids?

Contrary to some popular depictions, the pyramid builders were not slaves or foreigners. Excavated skeletons show that they were Egyptians who lived in villages developed and overseen by the pharaoh's supervisors.

The builders' villages boasted bakers, butchers, brewers, granaries, houses, cemeteries, and probably even some sorts of health-care facilities—there is evidence of laborers surviving crushed or amputated limbs. Bakeries excavated near the Great Pyramids could have produced thousands of loaves of bread every week.

Some of the builders were permanent employees of the pharaoh. Others were conscripted for a limited time from local villages. Some may have been women: Although no depictions of women builders have been found, some female skeletons show wear that suggests they labored with heavy stone for long periods of time.

Graffiti indicates that at least some of these workers took pride in their work, calling their teams "Friends of Khufu," "Drunkards of Menkaure," and so on—names indicating allegiances to pharaohs.

An estimated 20,000 to 30,000 workers built the Pyramids at Giza over 80 years. Much of the work probably happened while the River Nile was flooded.

Huge limestone blocks could be floated from quarries right to the base of the Pyramids. The stones would likely then be polished by hand and pushed up ramps to their intended positions.

It took more than manual labor, though. Architects achieved an accurate pyramid shape by running ropes from the outer corners up to the planned summit, to make sure the stones were positioned correctly. And priests-astronomers helped choose the pyramids' sites and orientations, so that they would be on the appropriate axis in relation to sacred constellations.

From stone pusher to priest, every worker would likely have recognized his or her role in continuing the life-and-death cycle of the pharaohs, and thereby in perpetuating the glory of Egypt.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyramids/pyramids.html

There are modern pyramids being built all the time. Great leaders don't have to do terrible things to get things done.

miatanut
07-04-09, 12:15 PM
Not according to NatGeo-

"Others were conscripted for a limited time from local villages."

Conscripted, slave, maybe a difference in duration, but it's still involuntary servitude.

Methanolandbrats
07-04-09, 01:43 PM
No way in hell anyone would drag big rocks around in the desert heat unless they were threatened with death.

coolhand
07-04-09, 04:46 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197449/Hitler-got-things-Mosley-super-job-leading-Britain-says-Formula-One-Chief-Mosley.html?ITO=1490

This article has better photos of Bernie

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/04/article-0-028AABF8000005DC-968_468x909.jpg

Michaelhatesfans
07-04-09, 05:00 PM
If you're looking for a reason to be "outraged" it's always easy to find one.

I don't think it takes too much to find the systematic extermination of millions of people repulsive...:irked:

Hameroids
07-04-09, 10:28 PM
I don't think it takes too much to find the systematic extermination of millions of people repulsive...:irked:

See how easy that was?

The House of Armani was built on the backs of slaves to fashion.

oddlycalm
07-05-09, 01:05 AM
This article has better photos of Bernie

F1 needs a pre-race dwarf toss event. Preferably one featuring really large former models....:D

oc

Andrew Longman
07-05-09, 08:31 AM
"In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people, able to get things done," Ecclestone was quoted as saying.

SO Hitler had bad advisors, or hung around with the wrong gang? What am I to make of that? Moron. Scary moron.

Gnam
07-05-09, 02:15 PM
Yeah WWII sucked and all, but damn that Autobahn is kick ass, and the trains to Auschwitz were always on time.

:shakehead WTF?

and his statement that democracy "hasn't done a lot of good for many countries" on the 4th of July deserves a throat punch.

Methanolandbrats
07-05-09, 02:30 PM
I don't think the Brits celebrate the 4th of July :)

NismoZ
07-05-09, 03:27 PM
He's a BAAAAD man!

eiregosod
07-05-09, 07:24 PM

they dont even have an elected head of state, nor an elected upper house of parliament.

can you say Lord Ecclestone or Lord Mosley? :rofl:

dando
07-06-09, 04:00 PM
BE sez he was misunderstood. :shakehead

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=4308574

"I did not put Hitler forward as a positive example, but simply noted that, before his appalling crimes, he acted successfully against unemployment and the economic crisis," Ecclestone was quoted as saying in the Bild article, which noted that Hitler created jobs through rearmament.

Ecclestone said that it was never his intention to "hurt the feelings of a community," the Bild reported. "Many of my closest friends are Jews."

The Times quoted Ecclestone as saying: "In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people, able to get things done."

But "in the end he got lost, so he wasn't a very good dictator."

-Kevin

FTG
07-06-09, 04:09 PM

No, but it wouldn't have been possible without them.

Don Quixote
07-06-09, 04:23 PM
BE sez he was misunderstood. :shakehead

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=4308574
-Kevin

... so he wasn't a very good dictator. Keep trying Bernie, sooner or later you will say something smart. :shakehead

Indy
07-06-09, 10:55 PM
Ecclestone said that it was never his intention to "hurt the feelings of a community," the Bild reported. "Many of my closest friends are Jews."

Oh, ****, he's killing me! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

oddlycalm
07-07-09, 04:42 PM
Bernie's comments have managed to get more mainstream media worldwide than his racing series. :rolleyes: . He and Max sure have a way of putting the shine on things.

oc

Napoleon
07-09-09, 10:24 AM
I guess its a good thing he made those comments in London and that F-1 does not have a race in Israel, because I am sure Israelis will pay no attention to his comments.

Right? (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1098728.html)

Gnam
07-09-09, 11:34 AM
When Ecclestone was informed that the Hitler remark, coupled with other outbursts, had prompted the World Jewish Congress to call for his resignation as the head of Formula One, he replied "it's a pity they didn't sort the banks out."

Asked to clarify, he added "they have a lot of influence everywhere."

Oh, the humanity! :laugh:

Rus'L
07-09-09, 12:17 PM
Oh, ****, he's killing me! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Of course, everyone does realize that Ecclestone himself is Jewish. Which makes this all even more bizarre.

My brother made a very funny comment -- he and Bobby Fischer can compare notes on the other side.

Napoleon
07-09-09, 12:24 PM
Of course, everyone does realize that Ecclestone himself is Jewish. Which makes this all even more bizarre.

Really? Didn't know that.

My brother made a very funny comment -- he and Bobby Fischer can compare notes on the other side.

:rofl:

oddlycalm
07-09-09, 02:35 PM
"Many of my closest friends are Jews."
What a coincidence, many of my closest friends are nasty little dwarfs with pudding bowl haircuts and Napoleonic fantasies.

oc

G.
07-09-09, 03:32 PM
What a coincidence, many of my closest friends are nasty little dwarfs with pudding bowl haircuts and Napoleonic fantasies.

oc

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

They got hot wives too?

cameraman
07-09-09, 07:32 PM
:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

They got hot wives too?

Hot??????

Many thinks come to mind when I see that photo.
Hot ain't one of them. :yuck:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/04/article-0-028AABF8000005DC-968_468x909.jpg

Methanolandbrats
07-09-09, 09:55 PM
She has the torso of a gorilla....pot belly and sagging breasts.

Sean Malone
07-09-09, 10:19 PM
:rofl:

But she lights her cigarettes with $100 bills.