PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian race

oddlycalm
07-02-09, 08:32 PM
Another Tilke track in a place where there is no audience for F1.

2011 Bulgarian race deal close (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76651)

Bulgaria could sign a contract to host a Formula 1 race between 2011 and 2015 and there's an option for a contract extension until 2020."

Nikolov said the track, yet to be built... :yuck:

If this falls through I suppose Bernie can always put in a call to the pirates in Somalia. :\ The FOTA teams are gonna look back and wish they had gone ahead and formed their own series one day.

oc

RusH
07-02-09, 08:40 PM
Baghdad GP....coming right up. :rofl:

Dvdb
07-02-09, 10:36 PM
Something with the mountains of Afghanistan in the background, perhaps?

Methanolandbrats
07-02-09, 10:42 PM
Montezemolo sure scored a major ****ing win for FOTA. :mad: Nothing changed, it's full speed ahead into the toilet. All that happened in Paris is Bernie greased Mac/Ferrari/Flav/BMW/Renault and the rest of them. Screw them all....buncha sluts. :yuck:

cameraman
07-02-09, 11:03 PM
Another Tilke track in a place where there is no audience for F1.

oc

Some of the biggest F1 fanatics I know are Bulgarian. The race will draw from the entire Balkan region. I don't see them having too much trouble selling tickets there.

pchall
07-02-09, 11:06 PM
I sense a street race in Sofia is in the offing.

oddlycalm
07-03-09, 04:50 PM
Some of the biggest F1 fanatics I know are Bulgarian.
So are we talkin' NASCAR size pit BBQ eatin' big or just large for Europeans....? :gomer:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D I've got nothing against Bulgarians and I'm sure the Balkans, taken as a whole, has plenty of fans. I like the Dalmation Coast for a race, but that's just me.

What I'm not happy about is that Bernie has queered things to where only governments can afford an F1 race, which means none for North America, just because he sold most of his commercial rights to banks that are now in a credit bind. I think FOTA should have kept walking and started fresh allowing Bernie's partners and Max to quietly sink into the slimey ooze of history.

oc

RusH
07-03-09, 05:06 PM
Slightly serious, I thought the Moscow GP would have been first.
Vitaly Petrov is doing well in GP2.

Fio1
07-07-09, 12:21 AM
What? Another country with 50% poverty that can't get their sh** together but are willing to put millions into building a track, which will be used once a year? Makes great sense to me. :shakehead