PDA

View Full Version : Mari was Amaized

SurfaceUnits
07-02-09, 11:09 AM
What will happen to the series with Tony George out as CEO?

Changes at the Speedway
George's mother 'surprised,' 'disappointed' by resignation
By Curt Cavin
Posted: July 2, 2009

Tony George's resignation as chief executive officer of the Indy Racing League this week came as a surprise to his boss.

George's mother, Mari Hulman George, the chairman of the board for Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corp., said Wednesday she still can't explain why Tony George vacated the position after being replaced as president and chief executive officer of Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corp. and Hulman & Co.

"I was surprised, and I'm still surprised," George said in a telephone interview from her home in Terre Haute. "I don't really understand. I'm disappointed that he didn't want to continue."

Tony George, who retains a board seat at IMS Corp., is expected to negotiate a contract with the board to serve as a consultant to the IRL and perhaps the Speedway. Both subsidiaries will report to his successor at IMS Corp., Jeff Belskus.

Mari Hulman George said her son didn't want to be an intermediary between IRL presidents Brian Barnhart (competition) and Terry Angstadt (commercial) and Belskus. Tony George hired them.

"He's got a lot of confidence in who he's got, and he just felt he didn't want to get in their way," she said. "It really wouldn't be like that. There are other things to do."

George also said Belskus and Curt Brighton, who was named the president and CEO of Hulman & Co., which controls the family's real estate, banking and investment properties, were "kind of surprised" to learn of their new roles. She described the family power struggle that led to Tony George's resignation as "not that unusual."

But she acknowledged there is no certainty for the company as it moves forward.

"We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope everything goes well," she said. "I don't know what's going to happen next."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090702/SPORTS0107/907020402/0/BUSINESS

Chief
07-02-09, 11:22 AM
Put down the gin lady..."I don't know" is like a family slogan for them dolts.

Sean Malone
07-02-09, 11:39 AM
"I don't know..." = something is in the works.

Michaelhatesfans
07-02-09, 11:56 AM
"I don't know..." = something is in the works.

Maybe, but I think that this is accurate,
"But she acknowledged there is no certainty for the company as it moves forward."

mueber
07-02-09, 12:23 PM
By the time the Speedway becomes an industrial park, we'll tend to think that, although Tony wasn't the smart one, he may be the smartest one.

SteveH
07-02-09, 12:55 PM
Maybe, but I think that this is accurate,
"But she acknowledged there is no certainty for the company as it moves forward."

It has to change directions first to be considered moving forward.

SteveH
07-02-09, 02:34 PM
"I was surprised, and I'm still surprised," George said in a telephone interview from her home in Terre Haute. "I don't really understand. I'm disappointed that he didn't want to continue."

Shouldn't be any surprise at all. Same thing as happened after a CART board meeting in Houston in the early 90s. He got rebuked, threw a fit and the rest is history. Spoiled little brat. At least now, he'll never live it down. If it gets fixed it will not be to his credit.

SurfaceUnits
07-02-09, 02:40 PM
^^the gomers will say he stepped away and let it be rebuilt because you people just didn't understand him and wouldn't let him rebuild it.

Corner5
07-02-09, 04:44 PM
Dang it Mari, sell it!

duh...

Don Quixote
07-02-09, 05:10 PM
^^the gomers will say he stepped away and let it be rebuilt because you people just didn't understand him and wouldn't let him rebuild it. I am waiting to see who starts a tribute thread. :D

Opposite Lock
07-02-09, 05:47 PM
I am waiting to see who starts a tribute thread. :D

And now you can find out who that would be:
"An Appreciation" (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125427) :gomer:

disclaimer: someone else found this - I don't go there except when someone posts a link.

G.
07-02-09, 06:32 PM
I hardly ever read the MindyStar reports at the link, I get enough of a jist here, but I started to read the comments section.

Holy ****ing Christ on a stick!

What the F*** is with the tony worshippers? Are these real people? Did we "haters" help create this species?

I can think of no one, and I mean NO ONE, that I could follow so blindly.

But good thing we have all of these Star readers and TF posters to tell us what really happened, and what the Maverick Tony is really thinking.

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

G.
07-02-09, 06:42 PM
BTW, I truly believe that he will try to wrest control of the family assets in a hostle family "split". Call it, The Tantrum Part II.

oddlycalm
07-02-09, 09:20 PM
Are these real people? Did we "haters" help create this species?

My theory is that they are the evile spawn of pine bark beetles or some other variety of insect infestation. :\

We didn't create them G., this goes all the way back to when Jim Clark wonned their race in a tiny Lotus with the engine in back, it really came to a boil when CART left USAC standing there holding it's soft parts, and the jealousy and resentment grew when other races got a little attention. Their pathological hatred of NASCAR is for stealing an audience and drivers that rightfully belongs to Indy certainly has zero to do with us.

oc

BigIrlFan
07-03-09, 12:36 PM
I ReaLLY HatEs you GUys

datachicane
07-03-09, 04:33 PM
We didn't create them G., this goes all the way back to when Jim Clark wonned their race in a tiny Lotus with the engine in back, it really came to a boil when CART left USAC standing there holding it's soft parts, and the jealousy and resentment grew when other races got a little attention. Their pathological hatred of NASCAR is for stealing an audience and drivers that rightfully belongs to Indy certainly has zero to do with us.

oc

Through our typical CARTisan arrogance, we missed the opportunity to strangle the fledgling movement (if that's the word I want) in the cradle before they ever turned a, umm, wheel. If we had embraced them from the beginning, celebrated the post-'79 USAC events, gloried in Foytian (if that's the word I want) superiority (if that's the word I want), gushed over all things IRL, supported them in their smokescreen jihad against all things leased, right-turning, non-Indianan, and not-invented-by-Anton, they never would have got a toehold, cuz, I guess, they'd be us. Or something. Seems like I read something like that, anyway. In any case, I'm pretty sure it's our fault.

oddlycalm
07-03-09, 05:41 PM
I ReaLLY HatEs you GUys

Don't be bitter BiF, you've got an endless supply of roadkill, access to good 'shine and that sexy cousin with the lazy eye (not Buck, the other one) to go visit when you're throwed outta the house. A few hangovers and you'll forget those low keening sounds Anton made after the womens voted him off the island and repossessed his man parts with cuticle scissors.

oc

JT265
07-03-09, 10:32 PM
I hardly ever read the MindyStar reports at the link, I get enough of a jist here, but I started to read the comments section.

Holy ****ing Christ on a stick!

What the F*** is with the tony worshippers? Are these real people? Did we "haters" help create this species?

I can think of no one, and I mean NO ONE, that I could follow so blindly.

But good thing we have all of these Star readers and TF posters to tell us what really happened, and what the Maverick Tony is really thinking.

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Damn G, I went and looked. Now I'm gonna take some steel wool to my eyes! I can't amagione how those delusional f***wits can drool over the dullard like that.

Napoleon
07-04-09, 06:53 AM
Now I'm gonna take some steel wool to my eyes!

Bleach works better.

Indy
07-04-09, 10:37 AM
I can't amagione how those delusional f***wits can drool over the dullard like that.

I guess they are going to broadcast Michael Jackson's funeral live on television. So the delusional f***wit phenomenon is no rarity in the good ole U.S.A.

The Indianapolis Star is a dead man walking. Since Gannett took ownership it has been worthless. I don't know anyone who subscribes anymore. Champ Car fans here were particularly offended by their siding with the IRL. Personally, I dropped it when they fired Robin.

BigIrlFan
07-04-09, 11:02 AM
Don't be bitter BiF, you've got an endless supply of roadkill, access to good 'shine and that sexy cousin with the lazy eye (not Buck, the other one) to go visit when you're throwed outta the house. A few hangovers and you'll forget those low keening sounds Anton made after the womens voted him off the island and repossessed his man parts with cuticle scissors.

oc

FRIst of all BUCk is my brother. JAMe RObert is my cousin and KEnny is our firend. HEs got a sleepy eye BUT we all are lazy hahahahah ANd then theres STumpy who is JAMes ROberts and KEnnys friend. HE aint got but one arm. HE lost the other in a combined accident so someone got a real suprise in there POst TOasties once hahahahahaha

I wroted all bout this weeks right here http://iambif.com/bif/

TOney GOrge is gone to be rememberd. MOre than any you CARt strret race loosers.

THANks TOney, now go win INDy next year and take soem more of your sisters moeny hahahahahaha

BIf#

Hameroids
07-04-09, 11:31 AM
MISsion ACcomplished

Comedic Alchemy! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

mueber
07-04-09, 06:58 PM
Dang it Mari, sell it!

duh...

My guess is that will happen by the end of 2010. Why else would she put financial guys in charge?

Opposite Lock
07-04-09, 11:46 PM
I wroted all bout this weeks right here http://iambif.com/bif/

TOney GOrge is gone to be rememberd. MOre than any you CARt strret race loosers.

THANks TOney, now go win INDy next year and take soem more of your sisters moeny hahahahahaha

BIf#

"that damned BARny MAdeoff ".

:D

Andrew Longman
07-05-09, 08:58 AM
My guess is that will happen by the end of 2010. Why else would she put financial guys in charge?

Maybe. But you also put financial guys in charge to stop the bleeding.

If it were me and I knew so little about the biz, or even if I didn't, I'd be talking to the big players... Penske, maybe the France's, Honda, other mfrs and sponsors, other big team owners, including those outside of IRL, a lot of folks... then settle on perhaps three trusted advisers to lead me out of the forest.

Selling might be the right thing. Depends on the importance they put on stewardship and legacy. Also depends on the smart guys opinion of whether this train wreck can be resurrected.

eiregosod
07-05-09, 07:20 PM
LMAO

"TOney led the IRl of unpresented growth. SMACK. TRy replacing that you three witches. WHo else could do what TOny did? WHo? BOgels the mined, dont it?"

cart7
07-06-09, 09:22 AM
And now you can find out who that would be:
"An Appreciation" (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125427) :gomer:

disclaimer: someone else found this - I don't go there except when someone posts a link.

That thread was sponged clean of anything Tony negative.

oddlycalm
07-06-09, 04:27 PM
I can almost see TOney standing in GAsoline ALLey with a big MISsion ACcomplished banner hanging from the VIgoda.
Me too BiF, me too...

oc

G.
07-10-09, 11:29 AM
Yep. The Tantrum, Pt II.

I did not feel that a subordinate position as “CEO of the IRL” was a management vehicle which would allow me to accomplish the objectives that the family and the board requested me to pursue. I declined that position.

sorry about the link, but this is where it's posted. (http://visionracing.com/news/index.cfm?cid=23008)

Sean Malone
07-10-09, 11:44 AM
Since our May board meeting, as requested, I have offered my advice to the board on management reorganization, but also and perhaps more importantly, a reorganization of our board, which would provide a structure for better governance for generations to come.

:rofl:

G.
07-10-09, 11:51 AM
:rofl:

The family fight is about to begin.

Tony wants his rightful controoooollllll.

Gnam
07-10-09, 12:11 PM
He just wants to return the board to its roots: made up of American drivers that know'd what Indy means.

Go FTG! Go! :tony:

Andrew Longman
07-10-09, 12:21 PM
I will be providing a proposal for the board to evaluate. I have been assured by the Chairman that the board will engage in appropriate dialogue, with constructive give and take.

So this ain't over.

What's all the talk about focusing on the future? Isn't that what boards do? What have they been talking about before?

Chief
07-10-09, 12:31 PM
At this time Tony wishes to continue to limit his communications regarding this matter to statements posted on this website. Requests for interviews made to date should be viewed as being under consideration by Tony who will grant them at such time that it becomes appropriate to do so.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
The KING has left the building.....:rofl:

mueber
07-10-09, 01:56 PM
Will this guy ever get a clue.

Hey Tony, YOU are the problem.

JLMannin
07-10-09, 03:44 PM
But imagine just how much worse things would be right now if TG had not make the course correction in 1995 to put American Open Wheel on the trajectory it is now on!

emjaya
07-10-09, 06:40 PM
The success of any organization relies on strong leadership from management to execute strategies that focus on achieving results, and a board whose vision is focused on owner and stakeholder returns.

That's right, Tony, that's why they moved you out. They want results.