pchall
06-29-09, 10:31 PM
It took him thirteen years to figure that out?:shakehead

Don Quixote
06-29-09, 10:39 PM
He's a fighter.

pchall
06-29-09, 10:41 PM
Fighting what? The urge to write glowingly about the IRL and photoshop extra fans and grandstand space into race photos?

Andrew Longman
06-29-09, 11:56 PM
Sounds like the recipe might be an immediate switch to DP01s, Cosworth and/or Honda and/or Ilmore turbos and a few more road courses.

Indy
06-30-09, 12:34 AM
Nice article. I am glad to see the race was such a great success. :rofl:

Don Quixote
06-30-09, 12:41 AM
Fighting what? The urge to write glowingly about the IRL and photoshop extra fans and grandstand space into race photos?Hater. :p

TravelGal
06-30-09, 01:08 AM
"We told you so" comes to mind. Was there something good in the second half of the article? I couldn't make it that far. Jumped to the end. Nice comment from tantra.

I didn't see this race but I did read the pdog. He was merciless. Said it was so boring the fans were playing cards with each other in the stands. And HE was an IRL fan. I think the light has dawned just about everywhere but in TG's head.

Edit: On a completely different note, does anyone remember the "Mad Max" from 7th Gear? He died of cancer, I believe. I still remember his last post. I cried when I read it. The title of this thread made me think of him. God rest his soul.

chop456
06-30-09, 01:11 AM
I think the light has dawned just about everywhere but in TG's head.
Not even light can escape from a black hole. :tony:

Chief
06-30-09, 01:28 AM
There may be some reading this who think I’m exaggerating to describe Richmond’s event as the worst oval race I have ever seen. But yes, it was even worse than Champ Cars at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
:rofl: I never thought AOW could be this much fun...the lines write themselves. :rofl:

G.
06-30-09, 01:46 AM
Edit: On a completely different note, does anyone remember the "Mad Max" from 7th Gear? He died of cancer, I believe. I still remember his last post. I cried when I read it. The title of this thread made me think of him. God rest his soul.

MadMaxfan's last post here (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=70555&postcount=1)
:(

trish
06-30-09, 02:01 AM
"We told you so" comes to mind. Was there something good in the second half of the article? I couldn't make it that far. Jumped to the end. Nice comment from tantra.

I didn't see this race but I did read the pdog. He was merciless. Said it was so boring the fans were playing cards with each other in the stands. And HE was an IRL fan. I think the light has dawned just about everywhere but in TG's head.

Edit: On a completely different note, does anyone remember the "Mad Max" from 7th Gear? He died of cancer, I believe. I still remember his last post. I cried when I read it. The title of this thread made me think of him. God rest his soul.I remember him. :cry:

Indy
06-30-09, 03:24 AM

I remember him, too. :(

Napoleon
06-30-09, 06:13 AM
Notice that the first person who commented after that article is Tantra, who use to post here.

SurfaceUnits
06-30-09, 01:20 PM
Sports Business Daily

LATEST NEWS
IMS Corp. BOD may decide future of IRL's Tony George

Don Quixote
06-30-09, 01:23 PM
but, but, but, I thought Robin Miller made up that story.

Steve99
06-30-09, 02:13 PM
Sports Business Daily

LATEST NEWS
IMS Corp. BOD may decide future of IRL's Tony George

Is the death penalty on the table?

stroker
06-30-09, 02:42 PM
Is the death penalty on the table?

Too late... Just like Bernie Madoff, the damage has already been done, and the culprit doesn't have the resources to pay back what's been stolen....