PDA

View Full Version : Hockenheim loses government support

oddlycalm
06-24-09, 03:45 PM
Bernie's race fee claims another European victim. Since the German GP can't turn a profit, and with the government not willing to underwrite the losses going forward, yet another European venu falls away.

Hockenheim loses government support (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76494)

If an F1 race can't turn a profit in country with 2 manufacturers involved, third team based there and several German drivers on the grid, including one that is winning races, you have to wonder where it can turn a profit....?

oc

Methanolandbrats
06-24-09, 03:53 PM
And da good news just keep rollin' in...

Andrew Longman
06-24-09, 03:56 PM
You are assuming that an F1 race is supposed to turn a profit. the powers that be say no, as long as there is a sucker willling to pay the freight

Methanolandbrats
06-24-09, 04:25 PM
You are assuming that an F1 race is supposed to turn a profit. the powers that be say no, as long as there is a sucker willling to pay the freight

How many third world **** holes with good cash flow are left?

cameraman
06-24-09, 11:56 PM
India could probably come up with a couple

NismoZ
06-25-09, 12:32 PM
Any FIRST world ****holes with good cash flow left?:confused:

Methanolandbrats
06-25-09, 12:41 PM
Any FIRST world ****holes with good cash flow left?:confused:

:laugh:Good point, with no **** holes left, Bernie will have to lower his fee.

JLMannin
06-25-09, 01:18 PM
:laugh:Good point, with no **** holes left, Bernie will have to lower his fee.

Nah. There are plenty of wannabe superpowers. I'm really surprised that Russia has nor ponied up yet.

oddlycalm
06-25-09, 07:10 PM
Nah. There are plenty of wannabe superpowers. I'm really surprised that Russia has nor ponied up yet.

If oil keeps going up I'm sure they will.

oc

NismoZ
06-25-09, 09:52 PM
Oil? I thought all ya had to do was print money?;) Build a big new track near DC to stimulate the economy, create jobs, improve the local infrastructure, whatever. Just convince the Chinese to keep investing and grow the economy by 10% each year and, voila, we're in the black by 2073!:thumbup: