PDA

View Full Version : Leaked 2010 FOTA Schedule

Methanolandbrats
06-23-09, 10:31 AM
:eek: :D :thumbup:

3 March - Buenos Aires, Argentina (last F1 race: 1998)
21 March - Mexico City, Mexico (last F1 race: 1992)
11 April - Jerez, Spain (last F1 race: 1997)
25 April - Portimao, Portugal
2 May - Imola, Italy (last F1 race: 2006)
23 May - Monte Carlo, Monaco
6 June - Montreal, Canada (last F1 race: 2008)
13 June - Indianapolis, United States (last F1 race: 2007)
1 July - Silverstone, United Kingdom
25 July - Magny-Cours, France (last F1 race: 2008)
15 August - Laustizring, Germany
29 August - Helsinki, Finland
12 September - Monza, Italy
26 September - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
10 October - Marina Bay, Singapore
24 October - Suzuka, Japan
8 November - Adelaide (last F1 race: 1995) or Surfers’ Paradise, Australia

opinionated ow
06-23-09, 10:45 AM
Grandprix.com is reporting serious doubt. They expect two or three USA races and I can tell you that Surfers is NOT possible. Adelaide will struggle too.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-09, 11:16 AM
I have serious doubts too, but it sure leans in the right direction.

G.
06-23-09, 11:38 AM
Vegas streets.

Please.

stroker
06-23-09, 12:01 PM
Well, they sure as hell aren't going to do both Indianapolis and Road America. They might do IMS and Laguna Seca, though...

I hope RA is bright enough to grab this with both hands if they get the chance. Anyone organizing a letter-writing campaign to RA yet?

Methanolandbrats
06-23-09, 12:06 PM
I hope RA is bright enough to grab this with both hands if they get the chance. Anyone organizing a letter-writing campaign to RA yet?

Be sure to use crayons and print neatly :gomer:

Fio1
06-23-09, 11:04 PM
It would be great if they go to Laguna Seca! :D

Lux Interior
06-23-09, 11:28 PM
I want my USGP back. Hopefully thet come back to indy. I missed throwing up on Spicoli's lawn these past two years:D:p

Easy
06-24-09, 04:26 AM
Indy and Barber are the only two US tracks I can think of with viable promoters that would meet the safety standards the GPDA would require. Also a necessity, Ferrari approved garages. F1 guys don't work under an awning next to the transporter like our series do.

emjaya
06-24-09, 06:20 AM
Grandprix.com is reporting serious doubt. They expect two or three USA races and I can tell you that Surfers is NOT possible. Adelaide will struggle too.

Why? Both Surfers and Adelaide have hosted races in the last 12 months and plan to have races in the future. If Formula Tantrum is added to the program, then everybody just moves down a slot.

Mayor Ron is up for it. Link. (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=333583&FS=F1)

opinionated ow
06-24-09, 07:18 AM
Why? Both Surfers and Adelaide have hosted races in the last 12 months and plan to have races in the future. If Formula Tantrum is added to the program, then everybody just moves down a slot.

Mayor Ron is up for it. Link. (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=333583&FS=F1)

Surfers have a 3 year contract with A1GP and V8 Supercrap. Gold Coast residents won't put up with another race up there. Adelaide residents won't put up with a second race either. There is more than enough whinging with one-trust me I lived there.

extramundane
06-24-09, 08:53 AM
Indy and Barber are the only two US tracks I can think of with viable promoters that would meet the safety standards the GPDA would require.

If they scheduled Barber in late July/early August, it might be worth the price of admission just to watch them dodge the blimp-sized 'skeeters in the rainforest-like heat & humidity.

pchall
06-24-09, 09:20 AM
If they scheduled Barber in late July/early August, it might be worth the price of admission just to watch them dodge the blimp-sized 'skeeters in the rainforest-like heat & humidity.

I know those skeeters! The drone in like a squadron of B-19s and some of them float away like the Hindenburg.

cameraman
06-24-09, 11:58 PM
I say run it in Utardland. We gots garages by God and four, count 'em four grandstands too.