PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone

Methanolandbrats
06-19-09, 09:49 AM
Among all of crimes against motorsport that The Evil Little Prick and his Nazi Sidekick have committed, abandoning Silverstone has to rank as the most heinous. :mad: What a great track, it's what F1 is all about. :shakehead

Sean Malone
06-19-09, 12:47 PM
To me there are just a few circuits that really define Formula 1 and Silverstone is one of them. I'm hoping JB can win won for his crowd and as a salute to a great venue.

oddlycalm
06-19-09, 03:54 PM
Absolutely. Silverstone is one of the major reasons to walk away from Bernie IMO. Just say goodbye and don't look back.

oc

opinionated ow
06-20-09, 03:59 AM
Absolutely. Silverstone is one of the major reasons to walk away from Bernie IMO. Just say goodbye and don't look back.

oc

There are a few...
-Silverstone (and actually Brand Hatch also)
-Monza
-Hockenheim
-Nurburgring
-Spa-Francorchamps (which is i think owned by bernie :cry:)
-Zandvoort
-Interlagos
-Suzuka
-Buenos Aires
-Monaco
-Gilles Villeneuve (although I prefer MoSport).

The new series will visit countries in which the manufacturers have facilities AND have fans. So the majority of the series will definitely be in Europe. Not a bad thing really. I think they will pick up South Africa because Toyota is huge there. And there will definitely be a return to North America and I wouldn't be surprised to see all three get a race (Mexico most doubtful though). I think Australia will get the flick-we don't have any permanent facilities up to scratch although if the NSW government canned the stupid BS at the Olympic Site and spent less than 1/3 of what they're spending for the taxi race at Eastern Creek we could have a GP in Sydney without an issue. Japan will be there, but it might end up at Fuji due to Toyota ownership and Bernie's new contract with Suzuka (or does that alternate?). Brazil will definately occur-Renault have significant manufacturing in Brazil and I wouldn't be surprised to see a second South American race. Interestingly...I wouldn't be surprised to see a race in Eastern Europe-Romania maybe-with the Renaults rebadged as Dacias.

What I would do if I was FOTA:
-British GP @ Silverstone
-Second British Race @ Brands Hatch
-French GP @ Reims
-Monagasque GP @ Monte Carlo
-German GP @ Hockenheim
-European GP @ Nurburgring
-Spanish GP @ Jarama/Valencia
-Portuguese GP @ Algarve/Estoril
-Italian GP @ Monza
-San Marino GP @ Imola
-Dutch GP @ Zandvoort
-Belgian GP @ Spa-Francorchamps
-Swedish GP @ Anderstop/Mantorp Park
-Japanese GP @ Suzuka/Mt Fuji
-Chinese GP @ Zhuhai
-Emirates GP @ Dubai
-Brazillian GP @ Interlagos/Rio de Janiero
-Canadian GP @ Montreal
-US GP @ Sebring/Barber/Homestead/Watkins
-Argentine GP @ Buenos Aires
-South African GP @ Kyalami
-Australian/New Zealand GP...just not sure where. (All in NZ too short, Phillip Island good length...crap garages. Bathurst good garages not safe enough, Eastern Creek not up to scratch).

pchall
06-20-09, 07:13 AM
Damon Hill and the BRDC should run F1.

oc

EVL29
06-20-09, 01:07 PM
Bernie doesn't own Spa. He is the promoter of the Belgian GP. Slight difference,but while he can control the F1 race at spa,anyone can (try to)get a contract with the track owners for a race(Wallonia government?).

He owns Paul Ricard,and I beleive,has effective control of Istanbul.

NismoZ
06-20-09, 06:02 PM
But, does he have control of his bladder!? THAT is the most important question.

Andrew Longman
06-20-09, 08:37 PM
Remember when the FIA jerked Champcar around regarding the schedule in Bejing, etc. What are the chances that the FIA does something similar to this new series?

opinionated ow
06-20-09, 11:34 PM
Remember when the FIA jerked Champcar around regarding the schedule in Bejing, etc. What are the chances that the FIA does something similar to this new series?

They'll go independent if they need to...

Indy
06-20-09, 11:54 PM
Absolutely infuriating.

Die, Bernie, die. :mad:

RusH
06-21-09, 07:47 AM
Clearly, the FOTA series will be far superior in cars, circuits and stars. But they will not know what Monaco means. :tony:

Methanolandbrats
06-21-09, 08:51 AM
Clearly, the FOTA series will be far superior in cars, circuits and stars. But they will not know what Monaco means. :tony:

Michigan Flashback :shudder: :saywhat:

opinionated ow
06-21-09, 09:00 AM
Peter Windsor needs to be shut up for good. He is such a Mosley/Ecclestone shill. He took such an accusatory tone when interviewing Horner for Aussie TV-not even a chance for Horner to state his case.

EVL29
06-21-09, 03:49 PM

Monaco will be going with FOTA,as per Prince Albert. And he ought to know!

TrueBrit
06-21-09, 03:53 PM
Never been a big fan of Salivastone..too flat and boring..Brands was a much, much better track..that being said, of the "old" tracks that haven't been face-lifted to hell (think Hockenheim...*shudder*) it was a real racers track...

I really do hope that FOTA stick together and tell the Nazi-Perv and his billionaire midget where to stick their series...it would be such sweet revenge for their interfering over the years...

As far as venues for the FOTA guys, I would suggest going back to the "old" tracks...Brands Hatch, Imola, Estoril, Dijon...add tracks like Brno and Zandvort...as well as a smattering of the existing tracks and you would have something worth watching...

Bernie and the Perv can keep all of the Asian races..they suck anyway...

The key to the whole thing, much though it pains me to say it, depends entirely on FIArrari and where they stand...if they stick with FOTA, F-1 in it's current guise is dead and buried...if they back their benefactors (or sign another super-secret "we'll always give you the benefit of the doubt if anything comes up, don't worry about it, we hate Ron Dennis too" agreement) then FOTA is screwed and we will have to put up with the Perv and the Midget's grins forever...

I can't believe that I actually miss Jean-Marie Balestre...

TrueBrit
06-21-09, 03:56 PM
Peter Windsor needs to be shut up for good. He is such a Mosley/Ecclestone shill. He took such an accusatory tone when interviewing Horner for Aussie TV-not even a chance for Horner to state his case.

He has good reason to...he's one of the Principals behind one of the new "F-1" teams coming in next year...you don't think he forgot which side of his bread got buttered do you?

cameraman
06-21-09, 08:33 PM

The folks in Monaco have publicly stated that if there is no Ferrari next year there will be no Monaco GP.

Methanolandbrats
06-21-09, 08:54 PM
The folks in Monaco have publicly stated that if there is no Ferrari next year there will be no Monaco GP. Cool :thumbup: Anything that puts Bernie's nuts in a vise is A-OK.

Tim
06-21-09, 09:01 PM
It'd be nice to see RA build some garages. Somehow I doubt that the new series will turn a wheel. The FIA will blink in the next month or so. Hey it's post 420. :D

Methanolandbrats
06-21-09, 09:14 PM
It'd be nice to see RA build some garages. Somehow I doubt that the new series will turn a wheel. The FIA will blink in the next month or so. Hey it's post 420. :D Brugentits is babbling about maybe hosting eht IRL.........Google RA news and it will pop up like a turd in a public pool. If that track was not run by retards they would build garages and install jumbotrons.

opinionated ow
06-21-09, 09:18 PM
He has good reason to...he's one of the Principals behind one of the new "F-1" teams coming in next year...you don't think he forgot which side of his bread got buttered do you?

He could at least have not been biased. Max isn't going to care if in a pokey interview for Aussie TV he is neutral!

Tim
06-21-09, 09:31 PM
Brugentits is babbling about maybe hosting eht IRL.........Google RA news and it will pop up like a turd in a public pool. If that track was not run by retards they would build garages and install jumbotrons.

Remember it's close to Sheboygan. Not many people who aren't retarded from that area. I haven't been since 2006 and if they keep screwing with ALMS it'll be even longer.

Gnam
06-22-09, 03:45 PM
Seabass vs Kovalainen (http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=others/09/06/21/AUTO_British_Bourdais.html)

No surprise that Bourdais is blaming the McLaren driver for hitting him. :p
But, Heiki seemed determined to keep Bourdais behind him. I'm assuming they were on the same fuel strategy, since they stopped on lap 27 & 33.

At least the stewards didn't issue any penalties. :thumbup:

NismoZ
06-22-09, 03:56 PM
What, Jumbo Trons at RA!? Picnic tables and outhouses, baby! (PS-I'm convinced the red car went left then right not to block, he was just trying to get the hell out of the way! They both guessed wrong, that's all. All harm, no foul.)

patski
06-23-09, 11:09 AM
Remember it's close to Sheboygan. Not many people who aren't retarded from that area. I haven't been since 2006 and if they keep screwing with ALMS it'll be even longer.

Try the BR weekend, Tim. I find it good!