PDA

View Full Version : FOTA Says...It's On!

NismoZ
06-18-09, 07:33 PM
8 teams say screw the FIA rules, we're leaving. So, a USGP or two? More new members in Bernie's circus? Autosport.

oddlycalm
06-18-09, 07:38 PM
Max and Bernie should have no trouble replacing those 16 cars. After all, they have a whole 9 months to get it done....

oc

indyfan31
06-18-09, 07:41 PM
Following these efforts all the teams have confirmed to the FIA and the commercial rights holder that they are willing to commit until the end of 2012.
What the hell does that mean?

DagoFast
06-18-09, 07:42 PM
It's about time.

Bye Max. See ya around Bernie.

NismoZ
06-18-09, 07:47 PM
Oh, sure, he'll get the cars, a bunch of 'em...all powered by Kevin Kalkhoven!:D Alonso already saying he's going where the best drivers and teams are. See, NOW we have drama! I wonder what the name of this here series is gonna be?:gomer: Suggestions? How 'bout something with "League" in it? What's higher than "Grand" or "One"? Maybe RA should place a phone call?

NismoZ
06-18-09, 07:51 PM
IF31-brinksmanship..."you cave, we'll think about staying" Could happen, I suppose. Afterall an official announcement is only good until one changes one's mind.:) Or, you can still make $$ off us for 3 more years?

Sean Malone
06-18-09, 08:12 PM
If I remember correctly the same thing happened the last go around in that the teams said they were leaving...in three years. BS.

oddlycalm
06-18-09, 08:19 PM
If I remember correctly the same thing happened the last go around in that the teams said they were leaving...in three years. BS.

Back when they got rid of Balestre they threatened a boycott, and not three years hence. Of course Max and Bernie are familiar with that particular bit of strategy...

oc

nissan gtp
06-18-09, 08:22 PM
this is fantastic ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Al Czervik
06-18-09, 08:27 PM
This is gonna get all sorts of interesting.

SteveH
06-18-09, 08:41 PM
This is gonna get all sorts of interesting.

understatement of the year

Gnam
06-18-09, 08:50 PM
What a soap opera.

Instead of spending a forture competing with F1, they should go sports car racing and avoid Max & Bernie like the plague.

opinionated ow
06-18-09, 09:07 PM
Link anyone? Nothing is on www.grandprix.com or www.crash.net my usual sources for information.

nissan gtp
06-18-09, 09:21 PM
http://www.autosport.com/

dando
06-18-09, 09:21 PM
Link anyone? Nothing is on www.grandprix.com or www.crash.net my usual sources for information.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=4270761

-Kevin

pchall
06-18-09, 09:23 PM
Try this at autosport.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76292)

FOTA teams to launch breakaway series

By jonathan noble Thursday, June 18th 2009, 22:43 GMT

The Formula One Teams' Association announced on Thursday night that it is setting up a breakaway championship.

Following a four hour meeting at Renault's Enstone factory, the eight members of FOTA - Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BMW Sauber, Toyota, Brawn, Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso - said they had grown frustrated with the FIA's stance against the organisation, and had no option but to create a series of their own.

"The teams cannot continue to compromise on the fundamental values of the sport and have declined to alter their original conditional entries to the 2010 World Championship," said a statement issued by FOTA after the meeting.

RusH
06-18-09, 09:57 PM
Hallelujah. Following a sport without a split was getting boring.:tony:

So ,the no-name gomers will be on Bernie`s side right? :D

Methanolandbrats
06-18-09, 10:25 PM
Hopefully if this gets off the ground it reclaims natural terrain road courses all over the World, tosses the caviar and bullsheet and gets back to racing. I see some serious teething pains however, Bernard/Max have buckets of cash to hire lawyers. :mad:

chop456
06-19-09, 12:36 AM
Hopefully if this gets off the ground it reclaims natural terrain road courses all over the World, tosses the caviar and bullsheet and gets back to racing. I see some serious teething pains however, Bernard/Max have buckets of cash to hire lawyers. :mad:

They're both old and legal actions take time. Hopefully lots and lots of time. :D

Napoleon
06-19-09, 10:08 AM
Hallelujah. Following a sport without a split was getting boring.:tony:

Agreed. I say we all choose up sides and go after each other like Indy 500 fans (aka, placefans) and CART fans did back in the old days on boards like the old Speedvision board.

opinionated ow
06-19-09, 10:13 AM
They're both old and legal actions take time. Hopefully lots and lots of time. :D

Interesting blog on www.grandprix.com this evening. The anonymous blogger reckons this can be solved by the WMSC getting rid of Mosley next week. That might solve half the problem...but Bernie is another major issue. And they need a clean break from him and his dodgy 100 year lease deal.

FTG
06-19-09, 10:31 AM
Dibbs on FBE.

Napoleon
06-19-09, 10:44 AM
Dibbs on FBE.

:D

I have dibs on FMM

JLMannin
06-19-09, 11:08 AM
I wonder what the name of this here series is gonna be?:gomer: Suggestions? How 'bout something with "League" in it? What's higher than "Grand" or "One"? Maybe RA should place a phone call?

How about Championship Auto Racing Teams? :D

NismoZ
06-19-09, 12:22 PM
Seriously, is there anyplace besides IMS that could host a breakaway "F-1" race without investing millions for safety and amenities? Laguna? Can't see anyone wanting to take that gamble anytime soon.

Methanolandbrats
06-19-09, 12:44 PM
Seriously, is there anyplace besides IMS that could host a breakaway "F-1" race without investing millions for safety and amenities? Laguna? Can't see anyone wanting to take that gamble anytime soon.

Road America. Track is ready. **** the amenities, they can work out of haulers and under EZups.

dando
06-19-09, 01:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=4272080

SILVERSTONE, England -- Formula One intends to sue the eight teams that announced plans for a rival series next season -- the biggest crisis to engulf the sport since the championship began in 1950.

Grabs me some popcorn. :gomer: Can we have a BE or Max :tony:? :)

-Kevin

JohnHKart
06-19-09, 01:20 PM
I have a feeling my ticket and trip to the German Grand Prix in 2 weeks is getting more valuable by the minute.

John

SteveH
06-19-09, 02:09 PM

Long Beach would be perfect.

Gnam
06-19-09, 02:19 PM
Long Beach would be perfect.

Yes. :thumbup:

Proposed:

1) Bernie: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8283/91230d9e.gif
2) Max: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2421/079po2.gif
3) Max: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6865/biker.gif
4) BE: http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3262/bebowl.gif

Methanolandbrats
06-19-09, 02:35 PM
Long Beach would be perfect. S***** street course.

oddlycalm
06-19-09, 03:45 PM
Bernard/Max have buckets of cash to hire lawyers. :mad:

As a sanctioning body the FIA has no standing the litigate with teams over non-entry to a particular race series. Max has already indicated the FIA would sanction any new series.

Bernie could sue but the question is could manage to get any kind of a judgement before his race holders start canceling on him. Given the amount of his race fee and given the current economic climate just this announcement might trigger a cancellation or two. You can't sue everyone, and it won't take much to put Bernie's partners in default, for which they will blame him.

oc

shaggy_socal
06-19-09, 04:10 PM
How about Championship Auto Racing Teams? :D

I think it should be Formula Auto Racing Teams. FART. :D

NismoZ
06-19-09, 04:23 PM
M&B...I want to be the first to get a shot of Felipe Massa sitting in a lawn chair munching a brat, next to his shiny new F-'010 under that EZ-Up in the RA way south paddock...under a tree!:D:thumbup:

EVL29
06-19-09, 04:37 PM
Can we have a Max :tony:?

-Kevin

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hitlerdance.gif

Heeltoe
06-19-09, 04:54 PM
Jacques Villeneuve on Friday confirmed he is in talks to return to the sport next year ... French-Canadian Villeneuve, now 38 and having last raced for BMW-Sauber in 2006, said he would be open to seeing FOTA's plans but, if he could choose, would align "with the series run by Bernie (Ecclestone)".

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-villeneuve-in-talks-for-2010-return/

they certainly deserve each other :yuck:

Sean Malone
06-19-09, 05:34 PM

:rofl:

stroker
06-19-09, 06:00 PM
What makes me think that the Big 5 have been working on this for quite some time...?

Methanolandbrats
06-19-09, 07:16 PM
M&B...I want to be the first to get a shot of Felipe Massa sitting in a lawn chair munching a brat, next to his shiny new F-'010 under that EZ-Up in the RA way south paddock...under a tree!:D:thumbup: That would be grate:D :thumbup:

SteveH
06-19-09, 07:33 PM
S***** street course.

Well then how about Cleveland? ;)

pchall
06-19-09, 07:42 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/hitlerdance.gif

Most excellent.

But I don't think the management will add it to the smilies collection.

Boatdesigner
06-19-09, 07:55 PM

Had to check and make sure it didn't have an April 1 date!:rofl:

WickerBill
06-19-09, 08:22 PM

Oh please please please Laguna Seca!!

Anyone up for some FOTA racing at Burke Lakefront? :)

Gnam
06-19-09, 08:35 PM
Only if they run the oval. :tony:

miatanut
06-20-09, 02:47 AM
Road America. Track is ready. **** the amenities, they can work out of haulers and under EZups.

:thumbup:

Rogue Leader
06-20-09, 09:38 AM
I think it should be Formula Auto Racing Teams. FART. :D

+1 !!!

Rogue Leader
06-20-09, 09:39 AM

what a douche... leave it to him to find a way into the news with this....

Methanolandbrats
06-20-09, 10:16 AM
what a douche... leave it to him to find a way into the news with this.... Jack is slow to catch on to the fact nobody GAF what he thinks about anything.

stroker
06-20-09, 10:55 AM

Dudes, do you have any idea of how many people would show up for an F1 race at RA? Jeebus!

Methanolandbrats
06-20-09, 11:42 AM
Dudes, do you have any idea of how many people would show up for an F1 race at RA? Jeebus! They had 70,000 in the CART days, pretty much every blade of grass had a car parked on it. There would be some logistics to work out :D

nissan gtp
06-20-09, 01:52 PM
Dudes, do you have any idea of how many people would show up for an F1 race at RA? Jeebus!

me for 1 :D

NismoZ
06-20-09, 05:57 PM
I was wondering...how in all that's holy can ANYone think about F-1 at RA AND Cleveland in the same post!?:rofl: (beat me with that "oval only" comment.:D) OMG, Grid Girls at RA!? People speaking FRENCH!? How 'bout an "F-1 parade" into town on Friday night!?:D Have to do a new painting of the bar at Siebkens! Gee, not getting a little ahead of ourselves here, are we?:)

Gnam
06-20-09, 06:49 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/8568478

Bernie sides with FOTA teams on no budget cap. Good cop, bad cop?

EVL29
06-21-09, 03:50 PM
I was wondering...how in all that's holy can ANYone think about F-1 at RA AND Cleveland in the same post!?:rofl: (beat me with that "oval only" comment.:D) OMG, Grid Girls at RA!? People speaking FRENCH!? How 'bout an "F-1 parade" into town on Friday night!?:D Have to do a new painting of the bar at Siebkens! Gee, not getting a little ahead of ourselves here, are we?:)

Why not,had one in Indy didn't they?

cameraman
06-21-09, 08:34 PM

Ever been to Watkins Glen?

Napoleon
06-22-09, 08:01 AM
Well then how about Cleveland? ;)

That would be a wet dream for me.

NismoZ
06-22-09, 11:12 AM
OK, OK...RA, Watkins Glen (yes, been there, nice little track:p) Laguna etc. Plenty of places we'd like to see host a FOTA-1 race, but that'd be the old REALLY expensive manufacturer-run group, right? Promoters all over are invoking the name "Ferrari" when asked about this new "split". If the red cars aren't coming they have no interest. Seems to me that knocks out anyplace here. So...the deadline for announcing the 2010 entries was last Friday. Nothing. What's next? FIA meets Wed. and FOTA starts organizing on Thurs. Pretty tight schedule! A 100mil. Euro cap has been offered, but has to drop to 45 mil. by '011. Some "compromise.":shakehead. Flav saying it's already too late for that. Grab the popcorn and get comfortable!

G.
06-22-09, 01:08 PM
Which side, FIA or FOTA, is going to be supporting the grass-roots oval hiros' climb up the ladder? That's the side I want to back.

I get enough domestic stupidity in racing (tm), so I don't follow the F1 politics too closely.

Does anyone really think that this **** is a good idea? Why? (besides that the knot-see and the midget are evil.)

stroker
06-22-09, 02:10 PM
Does anyone really think that this **** is a good idea? Why? (besides that the knot-see and the midget are evil.)

Yes, because it will re-establish the fundamental truth of the fact that the people who actually invest the money in the frikkin' thing are the ones who should be in control, not some bunch of over-officious bureaucrats brought in from third world countries.

Sean Malone
06-22-09, 02:36 PM
Yes, because it will re-establish the fundamental truth of the fact that the people who actually invest the money in the frikkin' thing are the ones who should be in control, not some bunch of over-officious bureaucrats brought in from third world countries.

NASCAR wouldn't have their dictatorship any other way, but their dictators rarely change the rules and when they do they don't tend to want the teams to start their own series. This is a power play pure and simple, but it never would have happened if the 'leaders' didn't change the rules like they did.

oddlycalm
06-22-09, 02:58 PM
Max and his idiotic rules changes is being held out as the reason for FOTA's exit but I suspect that commercial issues figure into it in a bigger way.

With Bernie out of the picture FOTA would be able to cut the race fee in half and still bring in a lot more than the crumbs they get now from Bernie. When they started looking at a business model they probably saw right away it was commercially viable and the best way to maintain the racing as it has been in the past. If they can get enough from the race and TV revenue they don't have to depend on sponsors so much, and in a post tobacco world that would be a good thing.

No more evening races in Asia in front of a handful of people would be a good start. The bulk of the fan base is in Europe so that's where most of the races should be. Asia may have been a great revenue source for Bernie but it was a bust when it came to attendance and it was disconnecting the sport from it's true fan base. Aside from Turkey the Tilke tracks in sandboxes and swamps were boring.

oc

G.
06-22-09, 03:18 PM
So FOTA wants everything that FIA has, and wants it the "easy" way. They want to just take over what FIA has built, and make it cheaper.

And they are counting on attendance and viewership to be maintained.

If they make one ittybittylittle misstep and viewership/attendance crashes, their business model crashes.

I'm not arguing with anyone, I am unarmed in this fight, but I see too much 1990's here.

It does NOT need to be mentioned that FOTA are businessmen, and not blithering idiot inheritors. I got that part, but I don't see the upside to splitting F1.

Sean Malone
06-22-09, 03:29 PM
So FOTA wants everything that FIA has, and wants it the "easy" way. They want to just take over what FIA has built, and make it cheaper.

And they are counting on attendance and viewership to be maintained.

If they make one ittybittylittle misstep and viewership/attendance crashes, their business model crashes.

I'm not arguing with anyone, I am unarmed in this fight, but I see too much 1990's here.

It does NOT need to be mentioned that FOTA are businessmen, and not blithering idiot inheritors. I got that part, but I don't see the upside to splitting F1.

Right. Unless the 'split' immediately causes the demise of the 'other' side. Not to delve into CART/IRL history...but there are lessons to be learned there.

Gnam
06-22-09, 04:08 PM
Would both the FOTA and F1 series be forced to operate like businesses, or would either be proped up with cash infusions like the IRL?

I can't see the teams funding an unprofitable series, but maybe Bernie.

A better solution for the teams might be to withdraw from F1 and let the new product wither on the vine all by itself. Restrict Max and Bernie's supply of cash, and they'll have less to fight with.

It could destroy the sport for good, with teams, tracks, & fans leaving never to return. But the cost from the split will also be high.

Napoleon
06-22-09, 04:20 PM

I actually see this as very different from the 90's (ie, CART/IRL). TG has something that the existing F1 does not have, total control over the venue that is the giant in the sport. Not only does F1 not have such a venue, but the existing F1 does not have total control over any venue at all, and even if they should happen to have a clause in their existing contracts with tracks that are currently on the schedule not allowing them to run other F1 like races (which I would tend to believe would run afoul of EU anti-trust law) there are other venues available around the world, and its not as if any of the current venues are the 800# gorilla that accounts for something like half the attendance and viewership for the entire season.

When the split occurred, it was fairly apparent to me that so long as he did not run aground on equipment or personal shortages, TG was always going to be able to run series over the short term (3-5 years) no matter how bad it was simply because the 500 drew enough attention in and of itself, plus through off enough advertising and purse dollars to make its short term viability fairly high. Unfortunately TG made it past the equipment and personal shortage issue and managed not to bleed to death in 5 years (going from memory, did he draw his first CART cross over for the 500 in year 6 or 7?)

This is a totally different situation. If those 8 teams run a full schedule in 2010 it is all over for the existing F1 circuit. For the existing F1 one half season of 2 holdover teams and 3 new teams and they will fold up shop.

Sean Malone
06-22-09, 04:48 PM
I actually see this as very different from the 90's (ie, CART/IRL). TG has something that the existing F1 does not have, total control over the venue that is the giant in the sport. Not only does F1 not have such a venue, but the existing F1 does not have total control over any venue at all, and even if they should happen to have a clause in their existing contracts with tracks that are currently on the schedule not allowing them to run other F1 like races (which I would tend to believe would run afoul of EU anti-trust law) there are other venues available around the world, and its not as if any of the current venues are the 800# gorilla that accounts for something like half the attendance and viewership for the entire season.

When the split occurred, it was fairly apparent to me that so long as he did not run aground on equipment or personal shortages, TG was always going to be able to run series over the short term (3-5 years) no matter how bad it was simply because the 500 drew enough attention in and of itself, plus through off enough advertising and purse dollars to make its short term viability fairly high. Unfortunately TG made it past the equipment and personal shortage issue and managed not to bleed to death in 5 years (going from memory, did he draw his first CART cross over for the 500 in year 6 or 7?)

This is a totally different situation. If those 8 teams run a full schedule in 2010 it is all over for the existing F1 circuit. For the existing F1 one half season of 2 holdover teams and 3 new teams and they will fold up shop.

'They' do own the World Drivers/Teams Championship. You won't be World Champ if you win the FOTA title and the FIA could make it next to impossible to operate. Is FOTA ready to jump right into track negotiations/contracts/promotions for a series that is to run next year?

The pre-split criteria may be quite different between F1/FOTA and CART/IRL but the results of most splits are very predictable.

oddlycalm
06-22-09, 07:13 PM
We all recognize that there is always an outside chance permanent damage will be done in this process so it's real hard to feel warm and fuzzy about this. We've lost some great series in the past and still feel the pain.

We should remember though that it was an action very similar to this (led by Bernie) that forced Balestre out at the FIA and took control of the commercial rights to F1. Balestre had done some good things but he didn't know when it was time to step aside and neither do Max and Bernie. Both did good things for the sport in the early years but instead of being happy to be remembered for that they became besotted by money and power and are now tyrants. Not much you can do with a tyrant except stand up to them, and that seems to be what is happening.

Certainly FOTA will face logistical and organizational challenges but these are people of means. The problems for Max and Bernie will be much bigger. They are left with Williams and a cast of nobodies. The race venues will cancel (Monaco has already so stated), Bernie's partners will be in default (and blame him) and Max will have to explain to the third world lawyers how he killed the goose that laid the golden egg because having his way was more important. Perhaps once Max and Bernie have been forced out things will get back together. Perhaps not.

Who will want a return to the amateur hour stewards and asinine rulings with the race results left in limbo for hours or days? Who will want to go back to allowing a commercial rights holder to pocket the lions share of the revenue? Those rights were not put in Bernie's stewardship so he could make himself $ billions while selling the series into indentured servitude. :irked:

oc

mueber
06-23-09, 12:28 PM
I'm already disgusted enough with the sport that I have no plans to attend any races this year, now this.

I wish I liked baseball.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-09, 12:37 PM
I'm already disgusted enough with the sport that I have no plans to attend any races this year, now this.

I wish I liked baseball.

This is exactly what the sport needs..........a violent enema that flushes away street courses, Tilke, Max, Bernie, KERS and all the other accumulated waste of the last few years.

JLMannin
06-23-09, 01:07 PM
I'm going to need some noise cancelling headphones to block the noise coming from your violent enema . . . . . . .

Sean Malone
06-23-09, 02:38 PM
Ah, the Violent Enema's. I used to love their music back in college. I'd play 'Blister in the Bum' over and over.:)

oddlycalm
06-23-09, 02:54 PM
Great, I suppose now we'll see this thread merged with Spickly's spring cleaning (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10069&highlight=shrimp) thread.... :eek: :gomer:

oc

EVL29
06-23-09, 05:16 PM
'They' do own the World Drivers/Teams Championship.

No,they don't. They own the FIA F1 World Driving(and Constructors) Championship. They have no trademark onthe words "World Championship",only F1 World Championship.

You won't be World Champ if you win the FOTA title...

Yes you will. You'll be the FOTA Grand Prix World Champion,or whatever they decide to call it.

...and the FIA could make it next to impossible to operate.

Which will cause them significant problems with the EU Antitrust authorities. They've already been bitten in the past.

Is FOTA ready to jump right into track negotiations/contracts/promotions for a series that is to run next year?

Why not,it's just logistics and contract negotiation.

The pre-split criteria may be quite different between F1/FOTA and CART/IRL but the results of most splits are very predictable.

The CART/USAC split worked out fine....until FTG got his paws on IMS.

The FIA doesn't have an IMS.

opinionated ow
06-23-09, 08:39 PM
This FOTA/FIA is CART/USAC not CART/IRL

Sean Malone
06-23-09, 09:11 PM
No,they don't. They own the FIA F1 World Driving(and Constructors) Championship. They have no trademark onthe words "World Championship",only F1 World Championship.

Yes you will. You'll be the FOTA Grand Prix World Champion,or whatever they decide to call it.

Which will cause them significant problems with the EU Antitrust authorities. They've already been bitten in the past.

Why not,it's just logistics and contract negotiation.

The CART/USAC split worked out fine....until FTG got his paws on IMS.

The FIA doesn't have an IMS.

:rofl: Feel better? How can one be the FOTA (Formula One Teams Association) World Champ if one is not part of F1? LOL!

Did you see the rumored schedule for the teams next year? Fantastic!! It's a done deal! I've ordered my FOTA t-shirts already and tickets to RA (cuz I just know they'll add that track). As long as Ferrari is there, I'm there cuz they are the best! FIA is weak and powerless!!!!

Go FOTA (or whatever you'll call yourselves!)

:)

RusH
06-23-09, 09:38 PM

The full FOTA 2010 schedule, as published in The Guardian, is as follows:

7 March Buenos Aires Argentina Last hosted F1 in 1998
21 March Mexico City Mexico Last hosted F1 in 1992
11 April Jerez Spain Last hosted F1 in 1997
25 April Portimao Portugal Never hosted F1
2 May Imola San Marino Last hosted F1 in 2006
23 May Monte Carlo Monaco Current F1 host
6 June Montreal Canada Last hosted F1 in 2008
13 June Indianapolis United States Last hosted F1 in 2007
11 July Silverstone United Kingdom Current F1 host
25 July Magny-Cours France Last hosted F1 in 2008
15 August Laustizring Germany Never hosted F1
29 August Helsinki Finland Never hosted F1
12 September Monza Italy Current F1 host
26 September Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates Current F1 host
10 October Marina Bay Singapore Current F1 host
24 October Suzuka Japan Last hosted F1 in 2006
7 November Adelaide or Surfers' Paradise Australia Last hosted F1 in 1995/Never hosted F1

Indy
06-23-09, 09:44 PM
Important negotiating tip, kids. Never, ever bluff. Always go full steam toward your nuclear option until your opponent blinks. Being known as a hothead or somewhat crazy person with nothing to lose helps here. Of course, if they call you on it, light your cigar on the mushroom cloud and enjoy the pretty colors. Life is too short for regrets.

Sean Malone
06-23-09, 10:02 PM

7 March Buenos Aires Argentina Last hosted F1 in 1998
21 March Mexico City Mexico Last hosted F1 in 1992
11 April Jerez Spain Last hosted F1 in 1997
25 April Portimao Portugal Never hosted F1
2 May Imola San Marino Last hosted F1 in 2006
23 May Monte Carlo Monaco Current F1 host
6 June Montreal Canada Last hosted F1 in 2008
13 June Indianapolis United States Last hosted F1 in 2007
11 July Silverstone United Kingdom Current F1 host
25 July Magny-Cours France Last hosted F1 in 2008
15 August Laustizring Germany Never hosted F1
29 August Helsinki Finland Never hosted F1
12 September Monza Italy Current F1 host
26 September Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates Current F1 host
10 October Marina Bay Singapore Current F1 host
24 October Suzuka Japan Last hosted F1 in 2006
7 November Adelaide or Surfers' Paradise Australia Last hosted F1 in 1995/Never hosted F1

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15720

RusH
06-23-09, 10:03 PM
thanks, I would have never found it. :cry:

Sean Malone
06-23-09, 10:06 PM
thanks, I would have never found it. :cry:

No, thank you for posting it again!:gomer: I'm still holding out hope they add an oval...like Richmond!

RusH
06-23-09, 10:18 PM
No, thank you for posting it again!:gomer: I'm still holding out hope they add an oval...like Richmond!

....yeah, maybe they could merge with Tony`s series too. :gomer:

Sean Malone
06-23-09, 10:26 PM
....yeah, maybe they could merge with Tony`s series too. :gomer:

No fun in that since their biggest 'star' is going to be racing in the Euro version of the IRL (or whatever it's called)...or so they tell me.

Napoleon
06-24-09, 06:11 AM

Seriously? I can't find it on their website. Has it been reported anywhere else and where do they say it comes from?

Napoleon
06-24-09, 07:19 AM
Seriously? I can't find it on their website. Has it been reported anywhere else and where do they say it comes from?

Well after a Goggle search as far as I can determine that did not come from the Guardian and this amounts to nothing more then an urban myth.

RusH
06-24-09, 11:38 AM
I c/p'd a post from the Atlasf1 board...don't believe everything on the Internet. Yo.

This whole thing was a power play...as we all knew.

opinionated ow
06-24-09, 12:14 PM
I c/p'd a post from the Atlasf1 board...don't believe everything on the Internet. Yo.

This whole thing was a power play...as we all knew.

I haven't seen anything from FOTA as of yet...