PDA

View Full Version : Dell Hell

chop456
06-18-09, 07:16 AM
I was stupid enough to buy a small accessory item from Dell.com and not only did I get the wrong one, I got two of them - as separate orders, shipped separately. I called to explain the situation and get a RA number to send them back. They told me to keep them (I have no use for them any more than I have for an IRL jacket) and they'd refund the money paid for the item(s), but not the shipping. "We don't refund the shipping unless it's a Dell error". Uh - I ordered what it showed on the web page. The written description is also correct and have my order confirmation showing that. The item shown and described is not what I received, therefore it's a Dell error. Apparently their SKU and/or the UPC is wrong. They are unable to understand this. Anyway, 2 hours spent on the phone with 9 of the least helpful residents of Bangalore and still no love.

Yes, I've already contacted their escalation department for unresolved issues. Apparently what they do is say "It's resolved", then they're done.

Bottom line - does anyone have a secret batphone-type number where a guy can speak to a non-dunderhead?

Methanolandbrats
06-18-09, 07:36 AM
Craigs list.

chop456
06-18-09, 07:38 AM
It's already reached the "matter of principle" stage, I fear. :D

Methanolandbrats
06-18-09, 09:17 AM
It's already reached the "matter of principle" stage, I fear. :D

http://dolanblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/ghandi-inembassady.jpg

chop456
06-18-09, 11:46 AM