PDA

View Full Version : Chevy boycott at TMS?

rabbit
05-29-03, 10:09 PM
AR1 (I know, I know) has a "fairly strong" rumor that the Chevy powered teams are planning a boycott at TMS, either to convince the IRL to adjust the rev limiters or to convince Chevy to get its head out of its exhaust pipe. AR1 said the source is an IRL team member.

SteveH
05-29-03, 10:12 PM
According the a TF post by Jim Wilke citing Forrest Bonds rag, Cosworth will be providing your next Chevy, irl fans.

http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000182

cart7
05-29-03, 10:18 PM
This one is too weird for words. I can't imagine GM allowing themselves to be put into a position of having to badge a Ford engine just to stay competitive in the earl. My God, sorry, I don't believe it. :thumdown:

lateralus42
05-29-03, 11:16 PM
Chevy must think that the IRL is like NASCAR and that the IRL will ensure parity. Who knows, its a crazy rumor, but I wouldnt doubt it right now.

DjDrOmusic
05-30-03, 03:57 AM
Where's BiF# when we really need him???;) :gomer:

pchall
05-30-03, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by lateralus42
Chevy must think that the IRL is like NASCAR and that the IRL will ensure parity. Who knows, its a crazy rumor, but I wouldnt doubt it right now.

Would Chevy really hand over the Toyota and Honda sized budget to Cosworth that is necessary to make this engine competitive? Somehow, I doubt it. GM will cut and run.

RobGuru
05-30-03, 12:42 PM
How many cars will this leave for Texas then? May be a thin field! They lose at least 4 cars out of this, right... 5 if you count DNF.

SteveH
05-30-03, 05:16 PM
"How many cars will this leave for Texas then?"

Might be fewer to start the race, but I'll bet it won't make a bit of difference as to how many finish.