PDA

View Full Version : Carbender gets a tin tank for Sears Point

pchall
06-10-09, 07:13 AM
NASCAR » Carpentier to sub for Waltrip

Owner/driver Michael Waltrip's 'tweet' coincided with his team's announcement Tuesday that Patrick Carpentier would replace the veteran in the #55 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota for the Sprint Cup race at Infineon Raceway on 21 June.

“I'm giving my Canadian friend Patrick the keys to the 55 in Sonoma,” Waltrip wrote in his Twitter message while, in a press release announcing the change, Waltrip said that using a road course expert such as Carpentier gave him a chance to maximise the team's results at the 1.99-mile road course.

“If I see where I can improve my car's performance, then that's exactly what I am going to do,” Waltrip admitted, “I am a good road racer, but Patrick is a great road racer. I love being an owner, and I want to get another win for NAPA. It will feel just as good if I get the victory for NAPA or watching from the pit box with Patrick driving the car.”

Carpentier finished 23rd at Infineon last year, in his only Cup start at the California track, while Waltrip has seven top tens in 19 starts, but only one this decade. Carpentier will also drive for MWR and NAPA in the Nationwide Series road course race in Montreal on 30 August, having finished second there in each of the past two years.

crash.net (http://www.crash.net/NASCAR/News/148088/1/carpentier_to_sub_for_waltrip.html)

dando
06-10-09, 09:32 AM
crash.net (http://www.crash.net/NASCAR/News/148088/1/carpentier_to_sub_for_waltrip.html)

That'll be a fun watch on Father's Day. :gomer:

-Kevin

pchall
06-10-09, 09:04 PM
That'll be a fun watch on Father's Day. :gomer:

-Kevin

I used to make the NASCAR road races part of my refular motorsports viewing, but they never seem to make any moves towards better cars for road courses let alone any more interesting or relevant as "stock cars" on ovals. The understeering pigs they mandate now aren't worth my time or effort.

Steve99
06-11-09, 11:14 AM
I used to make the NASCAR road races part of my refular motorsports viewing, but they never seem to make any moves towards better cars for road courses let alone any more interesting or relevant as "stock cars" on ovals. The understeering pigs they mandate now aren't worth my time or effort.
Regardless of the cars, the 12 FCYs will make it unwatchable.

Easy
06-11-09, 12:39 PM
Not a bad set up for Carbender. 5 days of "work", all expenses paid trip to Sonoma, 4 star lodging, party at the champagne caves, dinner at the French Laundry on Mikey's dime and he'll make more money in a week than the vast majority of people make in a year.

Its too bad he'll qualy slower than a standard Formula Mazda.

pchall
06-20-09, 07:41 AM
Carbender starts 38th. Put some nerf bars on and drive like you stole it!

Scott Speed DNQs. He was faster than Carbender so it must be an owner points deal. :shakehead

Gotta love those NASCAR radio suck ups that declare a top 30 or so time a "really good lap". Of course, that did give them the opportunity to mention Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s name. If his last name was Smith he'd be running Bombers at his local short track, if was even really interested in racing.