PDA

View Full Version : Meira In, J Lazier out at Menard

racermike
05-29-03, 09:07 PM
Yep, that "vision" sure is working !

cart7
05-29-03, 09:37 PM
:cry: Please say it ain't so! :cry:

Former Cart ladder series mid-packer and TF fan favorite bites the dust.

Hello Brazilian Road Racer. :rofl:

DaveL
05-29-03, 10:02 PM
Great thing the IRL was created so that American drivers could have the OPPORTUNITY to get fired and get replaced by a Brazilian road racer.

EDIT: The meltdown on TederLoin forum over this is one for the ages. Come to think of it, they've had a few meltdowns over there lately. Could it be...nah, everything is hunky dory now that Tony is in charge.

lateralus42
05-29-03, 11:15 PM
The weird thing is I have never heard of this Brazilian guy. Where did he come from? I dont think he did any top series like F3000....

Ziggy
05-29-03, 11:22 PM
I think he qualified for the outside pole in his second IRL race. Living here in Indy, Meria gave a super interview after qualifying and even worked Chevy's slogan into the interview. Very slick and something lost on these Lazier morons. Did anyone see Ole' Jack Baby slam on the binders going down the backstretch at Indy, causing him to crash? Did a ghost of Dick Ralston's imagination run out in front of him?

Jacques Lazier getting canned! Wow, a non event, just like everything thing IRL does

Which country does your favorite IRL driver come from?

Ziggy

Cam
05-30-03, 12:00 AM
Let me get this straight.... As far as the Lemmings are concerned, Furriners are OK as long as they aren't faster than the "local" talent??? :saywhat: :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
05-30-03, 05:12 AM
Meira did Euro F3000 (not to be confused with the more competitive Int. F3000), the series that Joel Nelson (Red Bull) is sucking in this year. But by now it's pretty obvious nowdays you don't need to have done anything worthwhile in junior level to get an IRL ride. Then again you can probably say the same about CART this year.

KLang
05-30-03, 10:40 AM
Yee haw, meltdown indeed! Defender has really been on a roll this week. Heck all month. :rofl:

pchall
05-30-03, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by lateralus42
The weird thing is I have never heard of this Brazilian guy. Where did he come from? I dont think he did any top series like F3000....

He has been in F3000 on the national series level -- Italy if memory serves.
More recently he has been racing in the Sud Am F3 series after his money for a European career ran out.

Turn7
05-30-03, 10:59 AM
What is funny is that I got banned from TF a couple of times for saying that the IRL needed a healthy CART for it to remain what the vision setforth. I told them a few times that if CART went away or diminished, that the IRL would become all that they hated about CART. I was laughed at and run out on a rail.

I think it is hilarious that what I told them is becoming reality.

And I am an OSTRICH! Well if so, at least my head is buried in the sand and not up Toony Georges backside.

RobGuru
05-30-03, 12:39 PM
Of course, the Lazier firing comes on the heels of the Chebby teams boycotting Texas in protest rumor.

It's an AR1 rumor, evidently, so take it with a "Spy Plane" grain of salt.

If true, the vision is becoming astoundingly clear! He he...

Napoleon
05-30-03, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
I was laughed at and run out on a rail.

Wear it like a badge of honor.

Eagle104
05-30-03, 02:19 PM
I feel the worst for Beechler.

A quick look shows that Beechlerforum is quickly becoming Jaquesforum.
Is he really just that good??
:laugh:

mapguy
05-30-03, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Eagle104

:laugh:

No. He can't drive a nail. I saw the wanker at Detroit years ago when he 'competed' in Lights. He wouldn't know an apex or a braking point if it hit him in the head.

pchall
05-30-03, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
What is funny is that I got banned from TF a couple of times for saying that the IRL needed a healthy CART for it to remain what the vision setforth.

You get the CARTfan Silver Star for your posting at TF. In retirement spend more time over here -- they aren't worth it.

Hot Rod Otis
05-30-03, 04:39 PM
Beechlerforum has been a riot lately. I've been going there a lot for some good comic relief. I really enjoyed Defenders bleating about RM's latest ESPN.com
piece. His point-by-point "rebuttal" of Miller's article is a classic. He really showed what a clueless moron he really is.:laugh:

racermike
05-30-03, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Wear it like a badge of honor.

I have NINE of them!!

:D

FRANKY
05-31-03, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Eagle104
I feel the worst for Beechler.

:laugh: :rofl: :thumbup:

JT265
05-31-03, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by mapguy
No. He can't drive a nail. I saw the wanker at Detroit years ago when he 'competed' in Lights. He wouldn't know an apex or a braking point if it hit him in the head.

Mappy, Mappy, Mappy. Show me a braking (as opposed to "breaking" ;) ) point or a "must hit" apex on a "vision" course.

Stay with the vision tour, laddie! :D

mapguy
05-31-03, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by JT265
Mappy, Mappy, Mappy. Show me a braking (as opposed to "breaking" ;) ) point or a "must hit" apex on a "vision" course.

Stay with the vision tour, laddie! :D

:saywhat:

KobySon
06-03-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by pchall
He has been in F3000 on the national series level -- Italy if memory serves.
More recently he has been racing in the Sud Am F3 series after his money for a European career ran out.

He was racing with sud am at St. Pete this year if memory serves correctly.