PDA

View Full Version : how soon before....

stroker
05-25-09, 10:02 AM
somebody starts complaining about the 2009 F1 season becoming boring due to the "inevitability" of Brawn winning the Championship?

Insomniac
05-25-09, 12:01 PM
somebody starts complaining about the 2009 F1 season becoming boring due to the "inevitability" of Brawn winning the Championship?

Somebody meaning? I know I said a few weeks back that Button/Brawn was going to win. I don't want it to happen, but whatever. The racing has been good more often than not. I hope others can get it together (McLaren) to make it more interesting. But as of now, Brawn/Button are just coasting to the championships. On the plus side, it saves me from watching anything after the checkered flag drops.

Methanolandbrats
05-25-09, 01:36 PM
Jenson Lazier is very talented. He will go down in the record books with Prost, Senna, Fangio, Clark and Shumacher. Why would anyone complain about that?

TrueBrit
05-25-09, 03:05 PM
A simply superb start to the season...:thumbup:

oddlycalm
05-25-09, 07:57 PM
In general I don't have favorite dribers, though I could do without one or two. The fact that Brawn came up with a car that could dominate with Button and Barichello driving is impressive as hell. The mechanical grip is obviously as good as the aero elements and it's stout into the bargain.

While the new cars are oogly the fact that they are tail happy is certainly welcome and I've been enjoying the hell out of the slides and drifts we've been seeing. The fact that the entire field is covered by around 2 second and there are no total douche bags out there (with the possible exception of the #2 Renault driver) make it a pretty decent season for me. I'm hoping BMW and McLaren find their legs for the 2nd half as Ferrari seems to be.

oc

Methanolandbrats
05-25-09, 08:06 PM
... The fact that the entire field is covered by around 2 second and there are no total douche bags out there (with the possible exception of the #2 Renault driver)...

oc Somebody had to replace Ralf :D

SteveH
05-25-09, 08:27 PM
In general I don't have favorite dribers, though I could do without one or two. The fact that Brawn came up with a car that could dominate with Button and Barichello driving is impressive as hell. The mechanical grip is obviously as good as the aero elements and it's stout into the bargain.

While the new cars are oogly the fact that they are tail happy is certainly welcome and I've been enjoying the hell out of the slides and drifts we've been seeing. The fact that the entire field is covered by around 2 second and there are no total douche bags out there (with the possible exception of the #2 Renault driver) make it a pretty decent season for me. I'm hoping BMW and McLaren find their legs for the 2nd half as Ferrari seems to be.

oc

The best season in how many years? Its been a while since I've found F1 this interesting.

Sean Malone
05-25-09, 10:05 PM

oc

My sentiments also. I really haven't had a 'favorite' in F1 since Senna died. DaMatta and Zanardi where really the only 2 CART drivers I would say I was a 'real fan' of.
I'm loving watching Brawn and Button dominate. Absolutely loving it!

emjaya
05-26-09, 03:58 AM
Watching BMW, McLaren and Ferrari floundering around mid-pack is also quite good. :laugh:

Chiphead_Dave
05-26-09, 08:39 PM
Well either F1 is much more fun to watch this year or
I finally couldn't stand not watching OW racing anymore (since Champcar/CART died).

Rogue Leader
05-27-09, 07:34 AM
.........and there are no total douche bags out there (with the possible exception of the #2 Renault driver) make it a .........

I wouldn't so much call him a douchebag, as just a low talent hack (like Ralf) who got there on name alone.

That said I feel bad for him, because if you have heard his fathers comments to Peter Windsor pre-race a couple times it sounds like he is pretty hard on his son. Now we don't know if that is just caused by the fact he has a prime drive and sucks at it or if he was already hard on him. Either way I have a feeling with that kind of pressure I would not be surprised if after he loses his ride we will hear he did a swan dive off a tall building within a couple years.... sad.