PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

RobGuru
05-29-03, 01:21 PM
For my first post here, I thought it would be appropriate to just say HI and to introduce myself.

I go by RobGuru here and at other forums... maybe some of you recognize the name... I recognize a bunch of your screen names here.

Been a C^RT fan for about as long as I can remember... even before C^RT officially existed. I fondly remember the days when Indy was tape-delayed on ABC... where me and the family had to be very careful on race-day to not hear the results before the evening telecast. Lots of yelling!

First race was the first Cleveland event in 1983. Been to many races at Mid-Ohio, Road America, more Cleveland, Michigan, Nazareth, and Homestead since then. Always great fun!

I've been generally torqued about the formation of the EARL since it's inception. I keep thinking that my disgust will disipate eventually... unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) it keeps growing every year. I'm still pretty miffed about the screwing of one PT last year. I was there... the light was not yellow! I know other who have spoken more invictive statements... maybe I'll become more kinder and gentler... hmmmm.

In any event, I look forward to participating here... looks like good fun!

Rob

RaceGrrl
05-29-03, 01:41 PM
I recognize your nick from other forums, and from the message board at MidOhio. Welcome aboard! :)

RaceChic
05-29-03, 01:42 PM
Welcome and of course you are in "like" company. :D

Warlock!
05-29-03, 01:53 PM
New guy has to buy the beer!

Warlock!

mello
05-29-03, 03:52 PM
Hi Rob, nice to have you here.

rocket
05-29-03, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!

Warlock!

I second that.:D

Welcome aboard RobGuru:thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
05-29-03, 07:00 PM

Warlock!

What Warlock said! ;)

Welcome :thumbup:

RobGuru
05-29-03, 08:34 PM

Warlock!

I thought buying the beer was the CW thingy!! ;)

Oh, well... guess I gotta do it here too! :D

RaceGrrl
05-29-03, 09:13 PM
What Warlock failed to mention is that many of us are registered at CW. It's just his excuse to double up on free beer.

Cam
05-29-03, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
What Warlock failed to mention is that many of us are registered at CW. It's just his excuse to double up on free beer.

And there is a problem with that how???? :D

cart7
05-29-03, 10:21 PM
Welcome Rob! :D :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
05-29-03, 10:37 PM
I didn't say it was a problem. I was just pointing out Warlock's opportunism. :D

Kiwifan
05-30-03, 02:28 AM
I'll have a glass of wine if you're shouting. ;) I'm only asking 'cause I don't drink beer and I'd hate to see my share go to these beer swilling yobos who frequent this place. :) :)Hey wait up, I frequent this place. :o

Oh yeah, and a big Kiwi welcome to ya.

Rusty.

Cam
05-30-03, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Kiwifan
I'd hate to see my share go to these beer swilling yobos who frequent this place. :) :)

Thats MR Yobbo to you!!!!!! :p

lone_groover
05-30-03, 06:46 AM
Hola GurĂº! Great to see a cross-polination of CW/OC deep thinkers, opinion makers and crackpots. Reminds me of the Rock-and-Wrestling Connection of the early '80s. :)

RobGuru
05-30-03, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by lone_groover
Hola GurĂº! Great to see a cross-polination of CW/OC deep thinkers, opinion makers and crackpots. Reminds me of the Rock-and-Wrestling Connection of the early '80s. :)

Which one do I get to be... I'd like to think I'm a deep thinker... but I'm prolly just a crackpot!

Napoleon
05-30-03, 01:52 PM
Hi Rob, welcome aboard.

JT265
05-31-03, 07:10 AM
Like the groover said. Oh, and as for the beer, if you insist, I'm in. :cool:

RobGuru
05-31-03, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Like the groover said. Oh, and as for the beer, if you insist, I'm in. :cool:

I'd better start brewin'! :D