PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article with "Rave Reviews"

RaceChic
05-29-03, 12:36 PM
They aren't liking this too much "over there" Article by Robin Miller (http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0527/1559717.html)

Link to Lemming Land (http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000158)

Hopefully I didn't miss this being covered already in another thread..... :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
05-29-03, 01:05 PM
On another forum, his alter-ego is cutting delusional IRL fans wide and deep, with a very sharp sword. From reading their criticisms of Miller, you can sense the pain they're feeling from being faced with reality and the truth - I know how that feels myself.

A couple of years ago, I wanted to see him cheerlead for CART. He's explained in pointed terms that he's not about that. He's calling it like he sees it... for boths series. When CART was in foot-shooting mode, we took the bullets. Now that Tony has been exposed for the liar that he is (that we always knew he was), the IRListas must take their bite from the not-so-tasty sandwich. Their only battle cry had been "we suck less"... now they're in danger of losing that too.

For those who truly believed that Tony was a visionary and was out to prop up the little guy, I'd really like to know how they feel now. Really, I'm very curious. I'm guessing it's very similar to the people who jumped on the Lenin/Stalin bandwagon... and then wound up chipping ice bricks in Siberia when they were no longer of use... when their exploitation no longer furthered the grand plan: power and control.

RaceChic
05-29-03, 01:36 PM
Quote by Robin Miller:
"Now that he's going to be on the Borg-Warner Trophy, maybe de Ferran will have his last name pronounced correctly by the IMS announcers. It's Gil (like Jack and Jill), not Gil (like McDougal).

Brazil, Brazil, Brazil, South Africa, Japan, USA. Order of finish. U.S. Grand Prix? Indy 500?"

This also sings out to me. Vision? We also need to seriously work on this.

Quote by Ziggy in another thread:
"What speaks volumes about this thread is the lack of any credibility of CART's ladder system. No one in the world has a worse ladder system than CART. It should be used to nurture not only the talent, but the sponsorship as well."

The fact that the drivers taking wins and championships, as much as I like them very, very much, are not of USA, or Canada for that matter. Hopefully once CART gets their other ducks in a row, they will not think that all is well and forget this even bigger problem. If you rectify this one, you will reinvest the publics interest for the "home grown" drivers. Then CART will reinvest itself in the publics eye. Let the IRL think they are "winning" the battle against CART. We will go back and take over the vision and win the battle in the end. :)

cart7
05-29-03, 01:36 PM
After collecting $2 million from IMS, Roger Penske commented: "Open wheel racing is on more solid ground than it has been in the past." Gee, the visibility from the penthouse must be worse than we ever imagined.
OK Rog, which is it? OW is in bad shape and needs to re-unify? Or this? :rolleyes:

Napoleon
05-29-03, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Jag_Warrior
I'm guessing it's very similar to the people who jumped on the Lenin/Stalin bandwagon... and then wound up chipping ice bricks in Siberia when they were no longer of use... when their exploitation no longer furthered the grand plan: power and control.

I started using the name Napoleon, which is a character in the book Animal Farm and is intended to represent Stalin in particular (and totalitarian leaders in general), way back in something like 97 since you could already see that in the end it would be obvious to all that TG played his crowd for the dunces they are, and that he had no grand plan to help any of the people the 'istas hold near and dear to their hearts. I used the name as a slap at the lemmings because the fate of the Animals in Animal Farm was the same that awaited the IRL faithful.

In Animal Farm at the end of the day you learn that Napoleon (read TG and the IRL) was never for helping the other Animals or any of the principles upon which Manor Farm was founded, but had morphed into everything the revolution was formed to over throw (read CART).

I have been thinking of changing my handle for some time, but then comes along something like Fill Day and T and H dominating the IRL and it makes me think that maybe I'll hang on to it for a little bit longer.

RacinM3
05-29-03, 02:03 PM
#1 RULE IN PROFESSIONAL RACING: You can try to limit the costs of engines and cars, but the big teams will ALWAYS find ways to make more money and make their cars faster.

The funny thing about the Lemmings is their failure to realize that racing is not and never has been about the little guy. In every series throughout history, the little guy has been gobbled up by the big guy. When it comes to making machines go fast, big money will always win. After all, the only real requirement of speed is money.

It's the rule of nature in racing. Tony George knows it, yet he still spewed this "little guy" stuff in order to garner support for his power grab, and the lemmings bought it in full. Now they act surprised when this most basic rule of racing is having the final say.

RichK
05-29-03, 02:46 PM
What is ironic about the little guy issue, is that CART provided a pretty good shot for the little guy. Lease an engine, buy a Reynard or Lola, and CART wins were and are possible. Barry Green and Jacques Villeneuve sure stuck it to Penske et al not so many years ago.

rabbit
05-29-03, 03:26 PM
I talked to Robin at Indy and he said Nuvo cut more than 400 words out of his column, including a line that accused Chip Ganassi and Tony George of engaging in, ahem, friendly relations.:eek: :laugh:

Napoleon
05-29-03, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
I talked to Robin at Indy and he said Nuvo cut more than 400 words out of his column, including a line that accused Chip Ganassi and Tony George of engaging in, ahem, friendly relations.:eek: :laugh:

OK, Does anyone out there have the "bootleg", uncut version?