PDA

View Full Version : F1 budget cap?

pchall
05-02-09, 07:22 PM
Max is really excited about this budget cap, especially when accesserised with the optional SS uniform and bull whip.

http://www.mcphee.com/pixlarge/10806.jpg

Mosley confident F1 budget cap will stick (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/38a89c10-36b1-11de-af40-00144feabdc0.html)

:shakehead

opinionated ow
05-02-09, 09:52 PM
One of these will happen.

-Voted down by WMSC
-FOTA teams will run second programmes, one under each set of regulations and drop whichever is slower.
-FOTA will finally do the right thing and tell the nazi hooker lover and the senile leprechaun to bugger off and start their own series.
-Aston Martin, Epsilon Euskadi, USF1 etc. won't turn a wheel despite the rules.

oddlycalm
05-04-09, 03:57 PM
The message from Max is that F1 doesn't need Ferrari or McLaren but he needs him and Bernie.... Uh huh. :laugh: IMO Max is a blithering idiot, but even a broken clock is right twice a day....

So, just to play devils advocate... If teams agreed to cap at $59 million (less a lot of not so small things like driver, transport and hospitality cost) and were allowed to run without rev limit, movable aero, AWD, etc., etc. the resulting grid would be a pretty wild collection of equipment. Yes? In a way, more like the F1 of the 70's? Good, bad or indifferent.

I agree that the chances of this actually happening without some massive edits is around zero, but it's amusing to consider what the grid might look like. I also agree that it'll take a lot more than a few Bernie Bucks for viability of new teams.

oc

Insomniac
05-06-09, 02:20 PM
The message from Max is that F1 doesn't need Ferrari or McLaren but he needs him and Bernie.... Uh huh. :laugh: IMO Max is a blithering idiot, but even a broken clock is right twice a day....

So, just to play devils advocate... If teams agreed to cap at $59 million (less a lot of not so small things like driver, transport and hospitality cost) and were allowed to run without rev limit, movable aero, AWD, etc., etc. the resulting grid would be a pretty wild collection of equipment. Yes? In a way, more like the F1 of the 70's? Good, bad or indifferent.

I agree that the chances of this actually happening without some massive edits is around zero, but it's amusing to consider what the grid might look like. I also agree that it'll take a lot more than a few Bernie Bucks for viability of new teams.

oc

We'd certainly be more likely to see surprises like this year. And given the huge limits on testing, teams with money are limited in their ability to catch up. I'd also expect a lot of protests.

oddlycalm
05-07-09, 09:05 PM
I'd also expect a lot of protests.
Good point, and with the race stewards being lawyers and third world toadies some races might never be decided at all....:gomer:

oc

miatanut
05-07-09, 09:58 PM
..and were allowed to run without rev limit, movable aero, AWD, etc., etc. the resulting grid would be a pretty wild collection of equipment. Yes? In a way, more like the F1 of the 70's? Good, bad or indifferent.
oc

Definitely good. I really don't care if somebody wins a race by a whole lap, as long as somebody else cleans their clock at other tracks. The less the rules micromanage the cars, the more you would see some cars being strong at some tracks, other cars being strong at other tracks.

The way racing should be.

STD
05-07-09, 10:06 PM
It's all just more bait and switch. The more they wheel the crap out the more of the remaining essence is drained away.