PDA

View Full Version : WRC

Methanolandbrats
04-28-09, 04:02 PM
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=400 kinda reminds me of Champ Cars Website when they were circling the drain. :gomer: Sad what's happened to that series, can anyone watch it on TV anywhere in the World? Does anyone GAF?

cameraman
04-28-09, 04:10 PM
:flame:

Sean Malone
04-28-09, 04:10 PM
No doubt. Out of sight, out of mind. WRC was all the buzz in '04/'05.

I enjoyed watching it when it was on Speed from time to time. it got a little tedious at times though too.

STD
04-28-09, 05:25 PM
Another fine job by the folks at the FIA.

TrueBrit
04-28-09, 05:31 PM
Another fine job by the folks at the FIA.

No kidding right? Take something that wasn't broken and fix it into a thousand tiny pieces...

Is it even on over here anymore?

emjaya
04-28-09, 05:34 PM
I get a hour long highlights show the weekend after the race, which I always forget to watch or record.

It has turned into the Sebastian Loeb and Citroen show. He is too good for the rest and Citroen is willing to spend what it takes. :\

Elmo T
04-28-09, 06:24 PM
I miss it - without the TV coverage I seldom even check the web for info.

It was one of the few series that my wife actually enjoyed.

All the talk was that WRC was making it big in the States, then they fixed it. :saywhat:

STD
04-28-09, 11:17 PM
No kidding right? Take something that wasn't broken and fix it into a thousand tiny pieces...

Is it even on over here anymore?

It was starting to gain in popularity worldwide. The FIA just could not have that. They neutered it and fixed the TV package.

nrc
04-29-09, 07:34 PM
I miss it - without the TV coverage I seldom even check the web for info.

Yeah, right? Once upon a time most of the coverage I got was two weeks later in On Track. These days if I can't schedule it on TiVo I have no hope of following it. :/

miatanut
05-01-09, 02:58 AM
It was starting to gain in popularity worldwide. The FIA just could not have that. They neutered it and fixed the TV package.

It seems to me we had this same deal a few years back. Any time it becomes real popular with manufacturers because they can get good exposure for less than F1, FIA shoots it in the head.