PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee signed through 2006

nrc
05-29-03, 02:36 AM
According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal CART will announce a three year extension with the Milwaukee Mile this weekend. Great news for this "diversity" fan.

They've also bought out race promotion rights from Carl Haas. So the possibility of a competeing open wheel race at the facility becomes more likely as well.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/race/may03/144009.asp

Napoleon
05-29-03, 06:03 AM
Good for the extention. The buy out all but insures the IRL will be there.

I wonder what date CART is guaranteed, if any, with the extention?

chop456
05-29-03, 06:12 AM
I HOPE that the earl wants the customary date. They can have it, as far as I'm concerned. Along with tradition, they can have the traditionally crappy weather, too.

RaceChic
05-29-03, 09:51 AM
quote:
"Haas, based in Lincolnshire, Ill., came to the State Fair administration recently seeking a buyout, which was completed during a meeting of the park's board of directors Wednesday and announced immediately afterward."

I hope that this was just a business decision and not a sign of Carl Haas having intentions elsewhere? :confused:

Quote:
"We've been very good partners with CART, and I think what we have to do is get in the foxhole with them," Perrone said. "We're going to do everything we can to assure the success not only of our event but the series."

This was nice to see.....:D

Jag_Warrior
05-29-03, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Quote:
"We've been very good partners with CART, and I think what we have to do is get in the foxhole with them," Perrone said. "We're going to do everything we can to assure the success not only of our event but the series."

This was nice to see.....:D

"...get in the foxhole with them." :thumbup:

With that kind of talk, I feel almost obligated to be there next year. OK, I'm not much on ovals, but I'll buy a ticket, whether I make it or not... gotta do it.

nrc
05-29-03, 07:58 PM
Another important aspect of this is that it shows some comittment to keeping ovals on the schedule. The problem of promoting oval events is bad enough without leaving your customers wondering whether you're really committed to the venue.