PDA

View Full Version : My life as a CART fan at the Indy500.....

RaceChic
05-28-03, 07:08 PM
What your friends will do to you...... :rolleyes:

I go to the Indy500 to meet a group of people every year. The only reason I still make it there. Except this year I was especially annoyed at what has happened to the race. I walked around the track wearing CART stuff all weekend. Met people everywhere and we got anto a lot of heated discussions about lemmings and Tony George etc.....All with people that support CART by the way......

I actually walked into a big tent called "Indy Racing Gear" with music blaring and lights flashing. I was in full CART gear at this time, of course. I walked up to a girl behind the counter that couldn't have been more than 14 years old and asked her if they had any CART stuff for sale. She says, "I'm sorry?" Then I waljed around to the other side and asked a young boy the same thing. He says in his best polite and professional voive, "I'm sorry maam. No we don't." I point to all the hats of the IRL drivers behind the counter and say, "How about some stuff for real race car drivers? Not any of those?" He stared at me and didn't know what to say. I walked away. Bad, Bad RaceChic.

I got back to the camp site to find that my car keys were "nowhere" to be found....... Then people started admiring my stickers on my car. "I especially like the red, white and blue one" they say. Which one? The CART (old logo) one? The American Flag? No the other one. What other one? Then they point out that there are about eight IRL static stickers all over the inside of my car. I could not "find" my keys. Meanwhile I know they are not really "lost".........

Next morning...... And keep in mind that my tent is right at the sidewalk at Georgetown Road.......... There is a huge sign on my tent saying, "Tony George slept here", He should be so lucky. Wonder which one of my friends did that. Of course, everybody is laughing and nobody knows anything.......

When I am about to go to the race, there is another big sign inside the back window of my car saying, "I love the IRL, Go Mikey Go!"

Geez.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My friends are crazy......:D

SteveH
05-28-03, 10:12 PM
"Tony George slept here"

Wow!!! I bet nearly everyone at TF would have gladly traded places with you. ;)

RaceChic
05-28-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
"Tony George slept here"

Wow!!! I bet nearly everyone at TF would have gladly traded places with you. ;)
When asked, I told all my friends that he is "compensating" for things with his need to "control" open wheel racing.............:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cam
05-28-03, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
What your friends will do to you...... :rolleyes:

Can I quote the Chiahuahua???? Here Lizzerd Lizzerd Lizzerd!!! :p

Lizzerd
05-28-03, 11:47 PM
Hey wait a minute! I didn't do it! (But I got a good chuckle out of it).

DjDrOmusic
05-29-03, 12:59 AM
All I want to know is how many showers it took to get the lemming dust off of you? ;) :D