PDA

View Full Version : Championship Out of Reach?

Insomniac
04-23-09, 12:21 PM
Do you believe that given the testing limitations, non-diffuser teams behind right now have no chance this season? (I imagine if RBR gets one, they're going to be pretty dominant.)

cameraman
04-23-09, 12:28 PM
Look at the effect of the untested difuser bolted on Alonso's car right before the qualifications. The teams will figure it out. Fridays are no longer practice, they are testing.

Insomniac
04-23-09, 12:41 PM
Look at the effect of the untested difuser bolted on Alonso's car right before the qualifications. The teams will figure it out. Fridays are no longer practice, they are testing.

Alonso was really light. He even had to pit before they went green.

emjaya
04-23-09, 05:29 PM
Do you believe that given the testing limitations, non-diffuser teams behind right now have no chance this season? (I imagine if RBR gets one, they're going to be pretty dominant.)

Don't get my hopes up. :webberfan:

Alonso was really light. He even had to pit before they went green.

I thought that was a bad strategic move. :confused:

STD
04-23-09, 05:36 PM

Same here, it was almost as good as Kimi's tire change the previous race. Fred had enough in the tank to make it a bit further than that.

Fernando: "It's a disappointing end to a weekend where we showed a lot of potential. The team have done a great job to improve the car, which was very competitive, especially yesterday when we qualified on the front row. However, today we were unlucky and I think it's one of those days when you take decisions at the wrong moment and everything seems to turn against you. We thought that the safety car would be out for the next 10 or 15 laps so we came in to get fuel and at the same time the safety car came in so we found ourselves starting the race last. We were on the first row on the grid and all of a sudden we were last so this was the end of our race. Bahrain will be another big test and then we have Barcelona so we need to keep improving."

Insomniac
04-24-09, 10:50 AM

I meant he was real light. Lightest on the grid, that is a factor in how he got so far up in qualifying. Not necessarily the "trick" diffuser.

On a side note, if he was heavier, they might not have thought about pitting before everyone else. They figured they were going to have to come in during the yellow no matter what, so do it early and move up as the others up front do it. I bet their windows were a few laps further before they were thinking about that call.

Also from F1 commentary:

Lap 5 - Alonso says he feels the conditions are safe enough to start racing. The cars running faster should help clear the standing water.

Lap 7 - Alonso pits.

If they were thinking 15 laps under yellow and Alonso thought they could go green, they picked a bad time to pit if they could go past lap 15.

oddlycalm
04-24-09, 04:31 PM
The biggest question after practice is whether Ferrari and BMW will be beaten by Force India....:eek: Sutil is looking racy with the new car updates and both he and Fizzie were faster than either Ferrari today.

oc

emjaya
04-25-09, 12:27 AM
I meant he was real light. Lightest on the grid, that is a factor in how he got so far up in qualifying. Not necessarily the "trick" diffuser.

On a side note, if he was heavier, they might not have thought about pitting before everyone else. They figured they were going to have to come in during the yellow no matter what, so do it early and move up as the others up front do it. I bet their windows were a few laps further before they were thinking about that call.

Also from F1 commentary:

If they were thinking 15 laps under yellow and Alonso thought they could go green, they picked a bad time to pit if they could go past lap 15.

If the safety car had stayed out and everybody had to pit, it would have been a master stroke, Alonso would have been first on the track.

But some of those other car were fueled up big and the safety car would've had to stay out half the race distance for it to have worked.

On Ferrari: Kimi's over F1. He got the look that Hakkinen had after winning his two WDC's. He just there for the wimmen, and the free iceblocks. :dancingbananna:

cameraman
04-25-09, 12:38 PM
The biggest question after practice is whether Ferrari and BMW will be beaten by Force India....:eek: Sutil is looking racy with the new car updates and both he and Fizzie were faster than either Ferrari today.

oc

Not...

Following a Stewards of the Meeting enquiry, Adrian Sutil has been handed a three-place grid penalty for impeding Red Bull Racing driver Mark Webber. Sutil will now start the Bahraini Grand Prix 19th and Giancarlo moves up to 17th position.