PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Stuff From Robin Miller

JoeBob
01-11-03, 07:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/rpm/2003/0111/1491032.html

Mika Salo to drive for Pollack
19 Cosworth Leases signed, with the possibility of 2-3 more before St. Pete
CART will switch to the Brands Hatch Long Course once the safety improvements are made

lateralus42
01-11-03, 08:35 PM
Who will have more full time rides, CART or the EARL?? You dont really hear about any new teams or drivers going to the EARL, momentum seems to be on CART's side. Its also pretty cool that CART has replaced all the drivers from last year with even better drivers. (assuming Salo, Pantano, and Bourdais race in CART).

RTKar
01-11-03, 09:04 PM
"Pollock asked Eddie Irvine....." , now that would have been cool, two "bad boys" PT & EI. Would have been well worth the price of admission to see those two on the same track racing against each other for position.

Gurneyflap
01-11-03, 09:36 PM
"...replaced all the drivers from last year with even better drivers."? Oh, I don't believe that for a moment, but I'm not at all concerned. New teams, new drivers...I'm lovin' it!

lateralus42
01-12-03, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
"...replaced all the drivers from last year with even better drivers."? Oh, I don't believe that for a moment, but I'm not at all concerned. New teams, new drivers...I'm lovin' it!

Why dont you believe it? Just take a look at who left and who is coming in. Franchitti is the biggest loss but even he is replaceable.

Salo, Bourdais, and Pantano are AAA grade drivers, better than anything in the IRL right now.

nrc
01-12-03, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by lateralus42
Why dont you believe it? Just take a look at who left and who is coming in.

The resumes of Camathias, Haberfeld and Gonzalez give little reason to believe that they're better than anyone who left.

lateralus42
01-12-03, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by nrc
The resumes of Camathias, Haberfeld and Gonzalez give little reason to believe that they're better than anyone who left.

Why are you lumping in Haberfeld with Camathias and Gonzales? Haberfeld is a British F3 champ. You also are forgetting that CART lost horrible drivers like Tora Takagi and Shinji Nakano.

FortyOneFord
01-12-03, 04:21 AM
I think what they are trying to get at is CWS will have it's share of wanker's this year, and that we did lose some good driving talent to earl. Also, CWS will have it's fair share a good drivers.

In any case, it'll be a fun year.

JoeBob
01-12-03, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by nrc

I wouldn't be so confident that Gonzalez will be driving in CART. ;)

Rus'L
01-13-03, 09:22 AM
Why are you lumping in Haberfeld with Camathias and Gonzales? Haberfeld is a British F3 champ. You also are forgetting that CART lost horrible drivers like Tora Takagi and Shinji Nakano.

With all due respect, Takagi and Nakano are way the heck better than Camathias and Gonzales.

These guys have the potential to make Dominguez look like Senna.

Gurneyflap
01-13-03, 11:05 AM
Of course all that is arguable, sure...but, don't worry. It's OK. Full field, GOOD, hungry young drivers. I'm just not going to ruin my outlook by hand-wringing about who left or who their replacements may be.

KobySon
01-13-03, 12:09 PM
Why dont you believe it? Just take a look at who left and who is coming in. Franchitti is the biggest loss but even he is replaceable.

Salo, Bourdais, and Pantano are AAA grade drivers, better than anything in the IRL right now.

The biggest loss in talent this year is da matta. that is acceptable to all of us though.

lateralus42
01-13-03, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Rus'L
With all due respect, Takagi and Nakano are way the heck better than Camathias and Gonzales.

These guys have the potential to make Dominguez look like Senna.

Well if you only look at the backmarkers then you can make any series look bad. Was F1 not worth watching because they had scrubs like Yoong? its the quality of the top guys that count in my book. Besides there is no way to know how good or bad Camathias will be until he is on the track. Could he be worse than Shinji, who could go an entire race weekend without anyone saying his name or Tora who seemes to have caused at least one yellow flag in almost every race?