PDA

View Full Version : Steve McQueen vs Lewis Hamilton?

Elmo T
04-20-09, 04:07 PM
New Tag Heuer promo -

The Duel (http://multimedia.f1-live.com/f1/en/videos/videos.php?num=2881)

Methanolandbrats
04-20-09, 04:45 PM
Too bad McQueen did'nt put him into the wall on the Mulsanne :D

nrc
04-20-09, 05:30 PM
Ya know, some of these icons meet current day commercials work pretty well, but that's a disaster. Stilted dialog with a McQueen impersonator that sounds like they're doing a bad Sean Connery, lip syncing that looks like a godzilla movie, and an F1 driver who couldn't out-act an Andretti? What were they thinking?

emjaya
04-20-09, 05:49 PM
Ya know, some of these icons meet current day commercials work pretty well, but that's a disaster. Stilted dialog with a McQueen impersonator that sounds like they're doing a bad Sean Connery, lip syncing that looks like a godzilla movie, and an F1 driver who couldn't out-act an Andretti? What were they thinking?

I'm thinking I won't bother watching it.

A few years ago Shell did a Steve McQueen / The Great Escape take off ad that wasn't too bad.

stroker
04-21-09, 07:32 PM

They were thinking about making money, what else? I hope the SM estate made a buttload of cash off that, 'cause whoever they picked to do his voice REALLY sucked.

dirtyboy
04-21-09, 08:23 PM
I enjoyed it.

G.
04-21-09, 11:38 PM
and an F1 driver who couldn't out-act an Andretti?
Next one they should film in front of a bunch of stewards.

chop456
04-22-09, 06:56 AM
Stomach-turningly awful.

And dirtyboy's a liar.

TrueBrit
04-23-09, 03:17 PM
Good Lord that's awful...Hamilton is more wooden than Pinnochio...and who is that doing the world's worst Steve McQueen voice impression..?

I am going to have to go home and put the Lee Mons DVD on tonight just to wash my eyes out after that abomination...