PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick on Adam Carolla Podcast

Insomniac
04-17-09, 12:41 PM
I've been listening to the Adam Carolla podcast daily and he had Danica Patrick on for today's show. She was on for about an hour talking about various things like how she got into racing, her career, Long Beach, Toyota celebrity race, other racing series, etc.

The funniest part is when Adam starts his tramp stamp rant. :)

If you don't like either of them, I'd recommend not listening though. Colorful language warning as well.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/cioffi.cachefly.net/2009.04.17ACP.mp3

JohnHKart
04-17-09, 10:25 PM
Been digging having Adam back in my car after KLSX folded. Ill check this out when I get my car back thanks. In other news...I was walking by Danica's merchandise trailer and thought they should change it to "Danica Sucks". For being slow...not for anything else. And sure enough in the after noon...slow. She and Marco are finished.

John

Insomniac
04-18-09, 09:04 AM
You'll have to listen to it, and I'm not a race car driver, but she was saying that she had to learn to not rely on the data coming from the car and believe she knows what she is feeling. I'm an engineer, so that doesn't make sense to me in that the data should be accurate and should aid in setting up the car. I'd be concerned if the data said one thing and the driver said another. I didn't fully get it though because she was also talking about knowing that the car wouldn't work right without it actually having to do it (like being loose in a turn without actually going in full speed and having to catch it). So maybe that's what she means. It's interesting. It would be cool to just listen to people talk about what goes on over the weekend to get the car set up.

Michaelhatesfans
04-18-09, 02:22 PM
It would be cool to just listen to people talk about what goes on over the weekend to get the car set up.

Jim Clark/Colin Chapman, Schumacher/Ross Brawn, sure.

Danica and an exasperated crew chief, not so much.

oddlycalm
04-18-09, 03:12 PM
Jim Clark/Colin Chapman, Schumacher/Ross Brawn, sure.

Danica and an exasperated crew chief, not so much.

:D :laugh:

Yeah, the evidence is mounting that the combination of slow thinking, lack of car knowledge and mid-pack motor skills isn't a combination any race engineer can overcome.

oc

Gnam
04-18-09, 03:46 PM
...she was saying that she had to learn to not rely on the data coming from the car and believe she knows what she is feeling.
So, to compete in the IRL you have to lie to yourself and learn to ignore reality.
Yeah, sounds about right. :tony:

Reading between the lines, it's not the data she's ignoring; it's her engineers.
They tell her she can go faster, she says no. :shakehead

The funny part is Adam Corolla has just as much/more experience at Long Beach than most of the IRL field. :laugh:

JohnHKart
04-24-09, 01:34 AM
Just starting listening to this...Man she is a cool interview. She'll have a future doing something else...because driving cant have much future for her.