PDA

View Full Version : RIP Manzanita Speedway

opinionated ow
04-13-09, 09:28 PM
Yep...another one's gone. :shakehead

oddlycalm
04-13-09, 10:09 PM
Major shame. A lot of great memories over the years. First time I went out there was in the early 60's and it was way the hell out in the desert next to the river bed. In the late 80's I knew a couple sisters from Edmonton that liked to go so I went whenever I was in town. Good racing, good times. :thumbup:

Last time I looked they still hadn't built anything on the great 1/2 mile track they closed here in Portland a couple years ago. Developer just had to have it then didn't do jack with it once he had it. Sad. :thumdown:

oc

Methanolandbrats
04-13-09, 10:16 PM
More evidence that the 1900s were the motorsports century, it's over. On a local level, a regional level and national level, it's over.

opinionated ow
04-13-09, 10:36 PM
RZqGbrj87Jk

RvscM1tFjVk

miatanut
04-13-09, 11:52 PM
Last time I looked they still hadn't built anything on the great 1/2 mile track they closed here in Portland a couple years ago. Developer just had to have it then didn't do jack with it once he had it. Sad. :thumdown:

oc

Would this be the one tucked between Portland Meadows and PIR?

Michaelhatesfans
04-14-09, 01:57 AM
Would this be the one tucked between Portland Meadows and PIR?

It was over a bit more, but you're thinking of the right place. The stands are long gone, it's all overgrown, and there are some trailers being stored out there. But if you follow MLK between Delta Park and Columbia Blvd, you can look over and still see where the layout was.

miatanut
04-14-09, 03:40 PM
It was over a bit more, but you're thinking of the right place. The stands are long gone, it's all overgrown, and there are some trailers being stored out there. But if you follow MLK between Delta Park and Columbia Blvd, you can look over and still see where the layout was.

That's the one I was thinking of. I always figured PIR would be gone before that one. Wow!

oddlycalm
04-21-09, 05:34 PM
That's the one I was thinking of. I always figured PIR would be gone before that one. Wow!

Yep, real shame. :shakehead Hell of nice 1/2 mile and all that history gone for nothing. I was there for the WoO race the last couple years and it was just great. :thumbup: The fact that it was close to residential neighborhoods didn't help. At least Manzanita was out where the sound didn't matter.

oc