PDA

View Full Version : The 500 that doesn't suck

opinionated ow
04-09-09, 10:00 AM
Yep, we're about a month away from the Little 500. Yep its in Indianapolis and yep its 33 cars...but at least this doesn't suck! 33 sprintcars on a 1/4 mile track :D

Love it!

Andrew Longman
04-09-09, 10:03 AM
Isn't there another Lil' 500 over in Bloomington on bikes that doesn't suck? (Breaking Away)

Bikes have open wheels, no?

opinionated ow
04-09-09, 10:14 AM
Isn't there another Lil' 500 over in Bloomington on bikes that doesn't suck? (Breaking Away)

I think the university holds it...but it can't beat this.
vNVqdevQ1xc

Andrew Longman
04-09-09, 10:32 AM
USAC/ADAC sprints and midgets used to come every year to Flemington Speedway and do mini Indy 3 wide starts. Very cool. :D

Its a Lowes now. :cry:

And an empty Walmart they may not decide to open after all. :shakehead

opinionated ow
04-09-09, 11:47 AM
USAC/ADAC sprints and midgets used to come every year to Flemington Speedway and do mini Indy 3 wide starts. Very cool. :D

Its a Lowes now. :cry:

And an empty Walmart they may not decide to open after all. :shakehead

but Wall Township is back :D

Andrew Longman
04-09-09, 01:25 PM
but Wall Township is back :D

For now. Probably only until land prices recover

And Flemington was 12 miles from my house and often produced better racing.

pchall
04-09-09, 01:36 PM
In the movie they rode the Lil' 500 on some pretty crappy single speed bikes. When Miami of God Damned Ohio mimicked the event they selected the same kind of single speed bike as their spec racer. I did two stints on one of the MU bikes for one of the grad school entries in the frat boy event the first year and it sucked.

Bikes have open wheels, no?

Dvdb
04-09-09, 04:57 PM
Those bikes did blow, pchall. Amd the qualis around Cook field, with a cold wind blowing, didn't help the cause.

opinionated ow
06-05-09, 09:38 AM
Dave Steele won his second Little 500 last month...41 cars attempted to qualify from the 47 entries. Take that IMS...