PDA

View Full Version : interesting Versus advert

cameraman
04-04-09, 04:34 PM
I was looking to see if the stewards had acted on Wooben's displeasure and look what I saw at the top of the F1technical web site.:eek:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/IRLadvert.png

So are they doing this on purpose or are they just that stupid?:saywhat::irked:

Elmo T
04-04-09, 04:42 PM
Verizon shows "IndyCars from Edmonton, Alberta on an airport course" at 5PM today. :confused:

oddlycalm
04-04-09, 05:44 PM
are they just that stupid?:saywhat::irked:
My money is on a finely honed combination of total disinterest and terminal laziness. I can't prove it, but the evidence is mounting. :D

oc

dando
04-04-09, 06:06 PM
Good Lord...I just flipped around and saw quals are on Vs. with Boob Jenkins in the booth and The 'rute in the pits. :saywhat: :irked: :yuck: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
04-04-09, 06:25 PM
Good Lord...I just flipped around and saw quals are on Vs. with Boob Jenkins in the booth and The 'rute in the pits. :saywhat: :irked: :yuck: :thumdown:

-Kevin I locked out Versus on my TV so that can't happen.........hoopers now :thumbup:

TKGAngel
04-04-09, 09:18 PM
I was looking to see if the stewards had acted on Wooben's displeasure and look what I saw at the top of the F1technical web site.:eek:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/IRLadvert.png

So are they doing this on purpose or are they just that stupid?:saywhat::irked:

Little bit of both. Google Adwords ads allow you a lot of free reign as to what words you can buy. Methinks it's a combo of someone hoping to draw in the casual F1 fan who's not sure where the F1 races are broadcast and someone honestly not knowing what they're buying ads for.

Sean Malone
04-04-09, 09:29 PM
Little bit of both. Google Adwords ads allow you a lot of free reign as to what words you can buy. Methinks it's a combo of someone hoping to draw in the casual F1 fan who's not sure where the F1 races are broadcast and someone honestly not knowing what they're buying ads for.

yep. I agree.

NismoZ
04-04-09, 11:07 PM
Wow. So they aren't stupid, they're really smart!:rolleyes:

Andrew Longman
04-06-09, 04:52 PM
Does Aroot weigh more than 300 pounds? He's huge. And has no hair.

I tried but napped through the race.

Methanolandbrats
04-06-09, 05:17 PM

I tried but napped through the race. Why bother? If you want a solid nap, tune into NASCAR. Arooty is at three bills? He must look like a psychotic Gollum on steroids...he's one spooky Gomer :shudder:

TKGAngel
04-06-09, 06:26 PM

I tried but napped through the race.

I wonder if the podium is used to hide JackAroo's girth? Because, otherwise, the podium just reeks of pomposity.

I did not like the Brickyard promo ripping off Take Me Out to the Ballgame. :thumdown:

And not Versus related, but ESPN pit reporter Brienne Pedigo is expecting. I wonder how that's going to affect her being able to be in the pits for the EARL and/or NASCAR.

Andrew Longman
04-09-09, 10:28 AM
Why bother? If you want a solid nap, tune into NASCAR.

Use to be that way. But between DW gomering it up, digger cams stupidity, endless commercial breaks and repeated over hyped Fox promos, there just isn't enough droning anymore to waste a good Sunday afternoon.

Wheel-Nut
04-09-09, 10:48 AM
I watch other shows on VS. Cycling usually.

They run this annoying indycar across the top of the screen when coming back to programming from a commercial, which is a bunch!! It's the most hideous sound you have ever heard.

High Sided
04-09-09, 02:12 PM
you're not alone ran across this on the vs board...

Stop interupting interviews with the promo race car going across the top of the screen. Key comments were missed in the Iditarod and Cycling shows when the car raced across the top with the load sound. Pick a non-interview to do this...better yet don't do it.

Sean Malone
04-09-09, 02:16 PM
you're not alone ran across this on the vs board...

LOL. Is there any lower? No. :rofl: