PDA

View Full Version : Woobens gets penalized

cameraman
04-03-09, 05:58 PM
Not wanting to feel left out Woobens changed his gearbox and incurred a 5 grid spot penalty.
Seems Max's rules state that a gearbox must last 4 races.

Andrew Longman
04-03-09, 06:09 PM
Kimi set his KERS batteries on fire in a pretty impressive way. Is there a penalty for that?

Soon they'll push them to the back of the grid for changing their underwear.

What else can they do to take away more of my interest?

NismoZ
04-03-09, 06:12 PM
Ban grid girls?:)

cameraman
04-04-09, 01:09 PM
The Malaysia starting grid (working under the assumption that Glock does not get penalized) sorted by car weight.

Pos. Driver Car weight (kg)
13---Vettel - - - - - 647.0
19---Sutil - - - - - - 655.5
4----Rosberg - - - - 656.0
5----Webber - - - - 656.0
2----Trulli - - - - - - 656.5
3----Glock - - - - - - 656.5
1----Button - - - - - 660.0
7----Raikkonen - - - 662.5
6----Kubica - - - - - 663.0
8----Barrichello - - - 664.5
15---Bourdais - - - - 670.5
9----Alonso - - - - - 680.5
18---Fisichella - - - - 680.5
17---Piquet - - - - - - 681.9
11---Nakajima - - - - 683.4
20---Buemi - - - - - - 686.5
12---Hamilton - - - - 688.0
14---Kovalainen - - - 688.9
16---Massa - - - - - - 689.5
10---Heidfeld - - - - - 692.0

Insomniac
04-04-09, 01:34 PM
The Malaysia starting grid (working under the assumption that Glock does not get penalized) sorted by car weight.

Pos. Driver Car weight (kg)
13---Vettel - - - - - 647.0
19---Sutil - - - - - - 655.5
4----Rosberg - - - - 656.0
5----Webber - - - - 656.0
2----Trulli - - - - - - 656.5
3----Glock - - - - - - 656.5
1----Button - - - - - 660.0
7----Raikkonen - - - 662.5
6----Kubica - - - - - 663.0
8----Barrichello - - - 664.5
15---Bourdais - - - - 670.5
9----Alonso - - - - - 680.5
18---Fisichella - - - - 680.5
17---Piquet - - - - - - 681.9
11---Nakajima - - - - 683.4
20---Buemi - - - - - - 686.5
12---Hamilton - - - - 688.0
14---Kovalainen - - - 688.9
16---Massa - - - - - - 689.5
10---Heidfeld - - - - - 692.0

Vettel will be one to watch. Looks like they're planning to get a lot of spots early.

oddlycalm
04-04-09, 05:40 PM
WTF were Ferrari thinking? :confused: Massa has a top 5 car but is sitting in the garage and doesn't make it out of Q1...? Time to disengage autopilot and wake up to 2009.

oc

Methanolandbrats
04-04-09, 06:38 PM
WTF were Ferrari thinking? :confused: Massa has a top 5 car but is sitting in the garage and doesn't make it out of Q1...? Time to disengage autopilot and wake up to 2009.

oc POS must have been broken, they can't be that stupid.

cameraman
04-04-09, 07:30 PM
They are pretty adamant that the cause was stupidity:saywhat:

Insomniac
04-05-09, 11:57 AM
They are pretty adamant that the cause was stupidity:saywhat:

Not the first time they've done something stupid. Last year they had quite a few questionable decisions. Since Jean Todt left, they've lost a little of their edge in strategizing and planning.

oddlycalm
04-05-09, 04:49 PM
It's pretty clear watching Ferrari face Brawn what they have lost. Ferrari may have entered another Italian dominated era of chaos with erratic race performance. The car looks OK good but the decisions being made are all over the place.

oc

Insomniac
04-06-09, 12:32 PM
Vettel didn't perform nearly as well as I thought with the light fuel load. Ferrari continues their ineptitude. Full Wets on a dry track? Chance it with intermediates. 30s a lap less on full wets. Might as well stop again when it does rain. Kimi was up in the points until that brilliant move. What was wrong with Hamilton's car? I heard him mention a problem on the radio, but it was the last I heard. He lost a couple places, but I don't if it was because of something mechanical or just a bad car.

Rogue Leader
04-06-09, 06:02 PM
It's pretty clear watching Ferrari face Brawn what they have lost. Ferrari may have entered another Italian dominated era of chaos with erratic race performance. The car looks OK good but the decisions being made are all over the place.

oc

Its like the late 80's/early 90's all over again. Fast car with a team thats not so quick....

oddlycalm
04-06-09, 06:13 PM
I heard him mention a problem on the radio, but it was the last I heard. He lost a couple places, but I don't if it was because of something mechanical or just a bad car.
He said he was hitting the rev limiter prematurely in one gear but that was as the rain was beginning so it probably didn't have much of an effect. The finishing order was mostly down to tires with Ferrari doing the worst and Williams not far behind.

Both Ferrari and Williams have fast cars but terrible race organization. Rosberg has had a winning car for two races in a row and they've barely scored points due to team decisions. Brawn is doing the opposite.

oc

Insomniac
04-07-09, 11:51 AM
He said he was hitting the rev limiter prematurely in one gear but that was as the rain was beginning so it probably didn't have much of an effect. The finishing order was mostly down to tires with Ferrari doing the worst and Williams not far behind.

Both Ferrari and Williams have fast cars but terrible race organization. Rosberg has had a winning car for two races in a row and they've barely scored points due to team decisions. Brawn is doing the opposite.

oc

I thought once the rain came down the aero advantage was gone. I was surprised to see Hamilton getting passed easily.

oddlycalm
04-07-09, 09:12 PM
I thought once the rain came down the aero advantage was gone. I was surprised to see Hamilton getting passed easily.

Right, the only thing that mattered then was having the right tires for the moment. Those that chose well did well and those that didn't went backwards.

oc

Insomniac
04-08-09, 10:48 AM
Right, the only thing that mattered then was having the right tires for the moment. Those that chose well did well and those that didn't went backwards.

oc

I thought Webber and Hamilton both had the same tires when they were battling?

Easy
04-08-09, 12:15 PM
I thought Webber and Hamilton both had the same tires when they were battling?

No, Lewis's tires were bad because the FIA hates McLaren. Lewis has never been passed or slower than another driver as long as his car was in good shape. Ever.

Insomniac
04-08-09, 01:15 PM
No, Lewis's tires were bad because the FIA hates McLaren. Lewis has never been passed or slower than another driver as long as his car was in good shape. Ever.

I was seriously asking. He wasn't just passed. He seemed a bit off the pace and I thought he had the same tires as the people around him. So I was wondering if there was a reason. No conspiracy. If he didn't have the same tires, then that's a real good explanation.

Easy
04-08-09, 03:15 PM
I was seriously asking. He wasn't just passed. He seemed a bit off the pace and I thought he had the same tires as the people around him. So I was wondering if there was a reason. No conspiracy. If he didn't have the same tires, then that's a real good explanation.

I forgot to add the .. :p

But for real, I think they were on pretty evenly matched tires. Pretty much everyone but Heidfeld was on full wets at that point if I remember correctly.

Insomniac
04-08-09, 03:32 PM
I forgot to add the .. :p

But for real, I think they were on pretty evenly matched tires. Pretty much everyone but Heidfeld was on full wets at that point if I remember correctly.

I assumed sarcasm. :)