PDA

View Full Version : nascar team owner enters the 500

High Sided
04-03-09, 02:17 PM
my guess is tony stewart
http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/04/nascar-indy-500.html

dando
04-03-09, 02:56 PM
Smoke or Rubby are the only owners WGAF about Indy. My guess is Smoke.

-Kevin

Sean Malone
04-03-09, 02:57 PM
Smoke or Rubby are the only owners WGAF about Indy. My guess is Smoke.

-Kevin

I hate that ****** nickname. :flame:

dando
04-03-09, 03:11 PM
I hate that ****** nickname. :flame:

Rubby? :gomer: :p I just like to piss off Jr. fans. :D

-Kevin

Sean Malone
04-03-09, 03:14 PM
Rubby? :gomer: :p I just like to piss off Jr. fans. :D

-Kevin

No, *cough*smoke*cough. Bugs me to even type it.

jcollins28
04-03-09, 03:19 PM

Who is this "smoke" that you talk of?
http://www.metroactive.com/moviesandtvblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lost-smoke-monster-560w.jpg

dando
04-03-09, 04:02 PM

;)

I honestly don't even know where that nickname comes from...but the mere mention of it or anything Kyle Bush sets off the Jr. faithful. :D :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-03-09, 06:30 PM
Jayski sez it's Richard Petty Motorsports, with Andretti the Nephew as the driver.

Interesting that it's RPM fielding the car, in that majority owner Gillett was thought to be in some financial woes recently, going so far as to potentially investigate the sale of the Montreal Canadiens.

opinionated ow
04-03-09, 09:52 PM
;)

I honestly don't even know where that nickname comes from...but the mere mention of it or anything Kyle Bush sets off the Jr. faithful. :D :thumbup:

-Kevin

I think it comes from the Chili Bowl a few years back where he raced under a pseudonym to avoid the media.

cameraman
04-03-09, 10:53 PM
Jayski sez it's Richard Petty Motorsports, with Andretti the Nephew as the driver.

Interesting that it's RPM fielding the car, in that majority owner Gillett was thought to be in some financial woes recently, going so far as to potentially investigate the sale of the Montreal Canadiens.

Kinda sorta RPM.
Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, which runs the full IndyCar Series, will work with Petty at Indy, providing equipment and personnel.

Methanolandbrats
04-04-09, 10:15 AM
Kinda sorta RPM. I was wondering about that, Petty can't even tape a cab together much less deal with the precise tolerances and technological wonders of an Indy Car :gomer:

High Sided
04-04-09, 11:33 AM
bummer :irked:

i already envisioned a robby gordon monster energy car piloted by paul tracy

High Sided
04-08-09, 11:24 AM
have been reading rumors about another nascar team owner entering the 500.
mike king stated on indy live it may be robby gordon with help from richard childress

pchall
04-08-09, 01:13 PM
Stewart used the name "Smoke Johnson" on his short track cars. They left out the middle name -- "My" -- to save paint.

I think it comes from the Chili Bowl a few years back where he raced under a pseudonym to avoid the media.

Just think of Richard Petty Racing putting and underdeveloped Dallara on the track with one of the lesser Andrettis behind the wheel.

Mike Lawler
04-09-09, 08:24 AM
"I know how much this means to John Andretti and the Andretti family. I'm not sure if I can be of any help to him'" .........

Richard......... they turn left.....:D

Methanolandbrats
04-09-09, 11:49 AM
How do you say :gomer: in Italian?

Andrew Longman
04-09-09, 01:26 PM
How do you say :gomer: in Italian?

Gomeretti of course. :)

But I've never had a problem with the Petty's and John is OK just not very fast.

If they want to take free cars from TG to take his prize money, that's OK with me.

devilmaster
04-10-09, 01:11 PM
So flippin round sirius today in my rental f-150 (my dakota might have been put to rest yesterday by a 19 year old kid blowin through a stop sign with his Sunfire GT and t-boning me on the driver door..... sorta like Rocket's Dakota and Ripper's golf cart... ;) thx for reminding me joe... it was a really good laugh while i waited for the cops.. it was a good hit, luckily didn't get hurt...)

Anyways, someone dropped the rumour that it won't be Andretti the lesser, but 71 year old petty himself at the wheel.... :eek: :laugh:

As ludicrous as this sounds, I wouldn't put it past :tony: to try this gimmick....

High Sided
04-10-09, 01:19 PM
i doubt it, petty's wife wouldn't even let him race in the bristol "saturday night special" legends race :rolleyes:

cameraman
04-11-09, 12:24 AM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/KING2.jpg

High Sided
04-11-09, 01:35 AM
is that movie worth watching?

granted i just sat through benjamin buttuns

Methanolandbrats
04-11-09, 08:32 AM

yes :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
04-11-09, 09:01 AM
yes :thumbup:

Agreed. For PLN and a good old Hudson alone. But you'll be more comfortable with yourself if you watch it with a kid ;)

dando
04-11-09, 01:40 PM

Definitely. Any PIXAR is worth watching. It took me a loooong time to warm up to Cars since it doesn't have a human element like other PIXAR flicks, but it grew on me. Full disclosure: I love TS, Bugs, Monsters, Nemo, Incredibles, Rat and Wall-e as well...can't wait for Up and TS 3. :thumbup:

-Kevin

cameraman
04-11-09, 02:01 PM

granted i just sat through benjamin buttuns

I've seen it about 40-60 times now.
It is still good. (thank God)

cameraman
04-11-09, 02:02 PM
Definitely. Any PIXAR is worth watching. It took me a loooong time to warm up to Cars since it doesn't have a human element like other PIXAR flicks, but it grew on me. Full disclosure: I love TS, Bugs, Monsters, Nemo, Incredibles, Rat and Wall-e as well...can't wait for Up and TS 3. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Cars II in 2012.

Elmo T
04-11-09, 03:42 PM

We love it - combines Disney and racing. What more could we ask for?

I like trying to catch all of the racing references - and there are many!

dando
04-12-09, 08:58 AM
Cars II in 2012.

Srsly? Won't be the same w/o PLN. :(

-Kevin

dando
04-12-09, 08:59 AM
We love it - combines Disney and racing. What more could we ask for?

Well, so did the Mickey Mouse EARL race, but I won't hold that against Mickey....too much.

-Kevin

Elmo T
04-12-09, 10:09 AM
Well, so did the Mickey Mouse EARL race, but I won't hold that against Mickey....too much.

-Kevin

I would love to hear the backroom conversations that went on in approving that one. :saywhat:

It seems like a tough battle to get sponsorship $$$, but to actually building a track?

dando
04-12-09, 10:49 AM
I would love to hear the backroom conversations that went on in approving that one. :saywhat:

It seems like a tough battle to get sponsorship $$$, but to actually building a track?

No doubt. One of Eisner's worst boondoggles, IMO (akin to the Pleasure Island mishap in Dtown DISney). I tried to find 411 on the Petty 'experience' down there for our last trip, but I couldn't easily find any 411 through various searches. :saywhat:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
04-12-09, 11:30 AM
No doubt. One of Eisner's worst boondoggles, IMO (akin to the Pleasure Island mishap in Dtown DISney). I tried to find 411 on the Petty 'experience' down there for our last trip, but I couldn't easily find any 411 through various searches. :saywhat:

-Kevin

What does this mean in English? :confused:

High Sided
04-12-09, 11:36 AM
I tried to find 411 on the Petty 'experience' down there for our last trip, but I couldn't easily find any 411 through various searches. :saywhat:

-Kevin
www.google.com
i've had great success with this site :tony:

cameraman
04-12-09, 12:46 PM

-Kevin

Really?
http://www.1800bepetty.com/home.aspx

dando
04-12-09, 04:33 PM
Really?
http://www.1800bepetty.com/home.aspx

Through the DIS site...I didn't spend time on it, frankly...just curious mow much Mickey was charging for it. @ the time I didn't know it was a Richard Petty thingy....I thought maybe they had branded it Lightning McQueen Racing Experience. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

dando
04-12-09, 04:34 PM
What does this mean in English? :confused:

Eventually I will create an entire paragraph of just acronyms, yo. ;)

-Kevin