PDA

View Full Version : The envelope please. And the Izod money goes to...

pchall
03-30-09, 08:14 PM
Vision™ Racing!

And for the few who might still be following his career, Ryan Hunter-Reay comes along with the helmet bag full of cash.

Indy Scar (http://www.indystar.com/article/20090328/SPORTS0107/903280402/1052/SPORTS01)

High Sided
03-31-09, 09:03 AM
more on the line of tony bucks saving face :gomer:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-izods-rideless-driver/

Because of Tony George's history of paying for drivers, cars, engines and teams, this situation needs to be rectified. Soon.

Methanolandbrats
03-31-09, 09:12 AM
Nothing says asswipe like an Izod shirt...unless it's a :gomer: in an Izod shirt.

Sean Malone
03-31-09, 09:51 AM
:gomer::tony:

From the Speed article linked above; "..."It's a massive opportunity for all of us. We have three different B to B opportunities they've (IZOD) already actively engaged which could help Ryan."

B to B? Wow, haven't heard that since the CART days!

Accipiter
03-31-09, 01:37 PM
B to B opportuintes is code for: "Nobody gives a crap about this series."

Sean Malone
03-31-09, 02:12 PM
B to B opportuintes is code for: "Nobody gives a crap about this series."

:rofl:

B to B was 'evil CART' lingo to the IRL circa 2001. Now it's the word de jour.

pchall
03-31-09, 04:23 PM
:rofl:

B to B was 'evil CART' lingo to the IRL circa 2001. Now it's the word de jour.

All through the 90s a lot of money was spent putting logos on cars so that people could schmooze and do business in the hospitality tents. Some of those companies even spent a lot of money to schooze the fans when they sold the consumer end product. When the hospitality tents were disappearing I new there was trouble.

Sean Malone
03-31-09, 04:28 PM
All through the 90s a lot of money was spent putting logos on cars so that people could schmooze and do business in the hospitality tents.

Yes, and it helped create the image of a financially healthy series (which for the most part it was) and healthy teams. Lots 'o stickers on cars equates to the image of popularity. NASCAR learned the art of logo plastering decades ago. 2001 was when I remember the ship jumpers like Penske and Ganassi publicly lamenting the B to B model CART model.

pchall
03-31-09, 04:43 PM
2001 was when I remember the ship jumpers like Penske and Ganassi publicly lamenting the B to B model CART model.

I remember that as well. Those two were already well into their sheet of IRL talking points. And I'm sure that both of them new that modern racing couldn't thrive on ticket sales an small consumer product sponsorship alone. Now they're stuck with that.

Of course, maybe Tony George will arrange a street race in Kuala Lampur so the Izod folks can do their B2B with the sweat shop owners.

oddlycalm
03-31-09, 08:29 PM
it's not the IRL's fault that Ethanol bailed as Rahal/Letterman's title sponsor and and RHR was left by the side of the road
Wrong. All of the idiocy that exists today is on the back of the big idiot himself and his Idiot Racing League.

"I think we're going get there, we're hitting it from every angle," said Angstadt.
Every angle...? :laugh: Seriously? What other "angle" is there ever in the EARL except TG putting whoever it is in one of his sleds...? :rolleyes: :tony:

oc