PDA

View Full Version : Netflix BluRay Rental Cost Increasing

Sean Malone
03-30-09, 04:02 PM
They say it's because BluRay is gaining popularity, thus they are increasing their library. Because BluRay is more expensive...costs are going up. Funny, usually when something becomes more popular, the less it costs. The larger inventory and higher medium prices would supposedly be off set by the larger cusomter base attracted by said new product. I guess they're not there yet.

I've noticed much larger BluRay sections at stores now. BestBuy has 2 full isles dedicated and numerous BluRay demos on flat screens around the store. The prices of the discs are starting to drop on some movies. Older and B movies can be found for $14.

dando
03-30-09, 07:45 PM
The same thing happened when NF first started. I've been a member since 12/99 and saw the prices increase and then drop from '00 into ~'02. Now they are sending a 5th DVD to me for free with my 4 for $16 membership. It will be interesting to see how streaming will affect DVD rental prices going forward (especially with postage prices increasing yet again). Queue Stu..... ;)

-Kevin