PDA

View Full Version : Re: Frozen Four 2009

Tifosi24
03-30-09, 08:04 AM
If anyone watched the first two rounds this weekend saw some exciting hockey action, much more exciting then the NCAA basketball tournament action. It looks like Boston University is in the driver seat and they showed in the first round why they are the overall number one seed. The huge surprise is Bemdiji State, the champion of the now defunct CHA, making it into the Frozen Four as a #4 seed. Miami and Vermont are also big surprises making the finals as #3 seeds. This last weekend certainly speaks to the parity in college hockey.

dando
03-30-09, 08:30 AM
If anyone watched the first two rounds this weekend saw some exciting hockey action, much more exciting then the NCAA basketball tournament action. It looks like Boston University is in the driver seat and they showed in the first round why they are the overall number one seed. The huge surprise is Bemdiji State, the champion of the now defunct CHA, making it into the Frozen Four as a #4 seed. Miami and Vermont are also big surprises making the finals as #3 seeds. This last weekend certainly speaks to the parity in college hockey.

Don't be giving BU too many props for trouncing the Puckeyes. The Ice Bucks are promising, but very, very young. In any case BU is a power, but you've gots to wonder if a frosh G can carry them through any close games.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
03-30-09, 12:12 PM
If anyone watched the first two rounds this weekend saw some exciting hockey action, much more exciting then the NCAA basketball tournament action.... Is hockey still on TV? :gomer:

dando
03-30-09, 01:05 PM
Is hockey still on TV? :gomer:

College pucks gets a better TeeVee gig than the NHL. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Dvdb
03-30-09, 01:30 PM
Go Redhawks

(although they will not get another check from me until they return to the Redskin nickname)

dando
04-10-09, 09:20 AM
Congrats Redskins (I refuse to call them the Redhawks)! :thumbup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4057097

-Kevin

Dvdb
04-11-09, 09:23 PM
Miami up 2-1, midway in the third

dando
04-12-09, 08:25 AM
Miami up 2-1, midway in the third

Sadly, I didn't stay up to watch the finish (the Easter Bunny was drunking whisky last night ;)).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4061784

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-12-09, 09:48 AM
Sadly, I didn't stay up to watch the finish (the Easter Bunny was drunking whisky last night ;)).

-Kevin

In the sad tradition of Ohio collegiate sports teams, second best once again. A very good game, and heartbreaking final minute of the third period for the redbirds.

dando
04-12-09, 09:55 AM
In the sad tradition of Ohio collegiate sports teams, second best once again. A very good game, and heartbreaking final minute of the third period for the redskins.

No doubt...and I fixed that post for ya. :) I'll look for a repeat on E$PN or a torrent.

-Kevin

Dvdb
04-12-09, 12:43 PM
Always be the Redskins in my book, dammit.

dando
04-12-09, 04:39 PM
6am Monday on E$PNU, BTW. In fact, the semis and final are being replayed starting @ midnight Eastern tonight.

-Kevin