PDA

View Full Version : Trulli loses third place

cameraman
03-29-09, 10:57 PM
Hamilton gets awarded third place. Jarno was hit with a 25 second penalty:saywhat:

Toyota’s Jarno Trulli has lost his third place in Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix after stewards penalized him for passing under the safety car in the closing laps.

Trulli ran off road near the end of the race, thus losing a place to McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, but then repassed the world champion once he had rejoined the circuit.

The Italian was given a 10-second stop-go penalty as a result, but since the offence occurred within the final five laps that was translated into a 25-second penalty added to his race time. He thus drops to 12th.

"I can't say how disappointed I am to finish third but have the result questioned," he said. "When the safety car came out towards the end of the race Lewis passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Methanolandbrats
03-29-09, 11:22 PM
Hamilton gets awarded third place. Jarno was hit with a 25 second penalty:saywhat: This **** is starting to make NASCAR look like pure motorsport. Why not a 19.89546 sec penalty, could'nt they have pulled that out of their asses.

RusH
03-29-09, 11:58 PM
They havn`t fixed the sport completely yet, they`ll get it right when the penalty is just one grid position. We`ll the get the EURO out of them yet. :D

cameraman
03-30-09, 02:46 AM
So both Toro Rosso drivers end up in the points and Bourdais proves that even the most mediocre drive can actually yield a championship point.:shakehead

Sean Malone
03-30-09, 10:05 AM
So both Toro Rosso drivers end up in the points and Bourdais proves that even the most mediocre drive can actually yield a championship point.:shakehead

Was Bourdais in that race?:)

NismoZ
03-30-09, 11:05 AM
Formula 1, The Pinochle of Motorsports!:thumbup:

Hard Driver
03-30-09, 12:59 PM
This **** is starting to make NASCAR look like pure motorsport. Why not a 19.89546 sec penalty, could'nt they have pulled that out of their asses.

If it was a Ferrari being put on the podium, then maybe.

But this particular penalty seems to be a pass under yellow. What do you expect them to do? I think I actually saw this at the time in the background on the broadcast. I was wondering why it was not mentioned at the time.

Sean Malone
03-30-09, 01:11 PM
If it was a Ferrari being put on the podium, then maybe.

But this particular penalty seems to be a pass under yellow. What do you expect them to do? I think I actually saw this at the time in the background on the broadcast. I was wondering why it was not mentioned at the time.

They were too busy verbally undressing Vettell. :yuck:

NismoZ
03-30-09, 01:13 PM
So, in Jarno speak, Hamilton passed him AFTER the safety car came out, (under yellow?) then did an off-line brake check giving Trulli no choice but to pass (under yellow?) and get the penalty? Didn't see it, but that description of the event makes little sense to me. The part about thinking Hamilton had a problem I believe. Maybe the lesson is to do what Hamilton did last season...drill the guy ahead right in his diffuser!:)

oddlycalm
03-30-09, 03:45 PM
I knew there was something up by Trulli's behavior during the post race interview. When have we ever seen him glum after making the podium?

oc

Insomniac
04-01-09, 10:07 AM
This **** is starting to make NASCAR look like pure motorsport. Why not a 19.89546 sec penalty, could'nt they have pulled that out of their asses.

The 25s thing is in the rule book.

BZSetshot
04-01-09, 07:17 PM
Not so fast:

Hamilton summoned by stewards over Trulli pass (http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/04/01/hamilton-summoned-by-stewards-over-trulli-pass/)

The FIA has announced that it is to review its decision to penalise Toyota's Jarno Trulli in last Sunday's Australian Grand Prix, by calling Lewis Hamilton to the stewards' office in Malaysia. The Italian driver lost third place and six points when handed with a 25-second time penalty for passing the McLaren under safety car conditions in the dying minutes of the race.

NismoZ
04-01-09, 09:25 PM
Ah HA! Told ya:D...Seems Hamilton may have been TOLD to slow and let Trulli repass. He was probably pretty surprised when Jarno got socked with the penalty. I think if a guy slides off and loses a position under yellow he deserves to lose the spot. The 25 sec. penalty was bogus then and Trulli should only have incurred a 1 position "penalty" of his own making.